Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zippolina

About tragedy...

President Bush was visiting a primary school and he dropped in on one of the classes. They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asked the President if he would

like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy". So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example

of a "tragedy".

One little boy stood up and offered:

- "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and kills him that would be a tragedy."

-"No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand:

- "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."

-"I'm afraid not," explained the president. "That's what we would call a great loss."

The room went silent. No other children volunteered.Bush searched the room.

-"Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally at the back of the room a small boy raised his hand. In a quiet voice he said:

-"If Air Force One carrying you and Mrs. Bush was struck by a "friendly fire" missile and blown to

smithereens, that would be a tragedy."

-"Fantastic!" exclaimed Bush. "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

-"Well," says the boy, "It has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss and it probably

wouldn't be a smeging accident either

:)

oh my god that was thw funniest joke ever.

heard can i use it for conversation pieces in parties ?

i dont understand :-D

probly becuz im a dutch newbie :-P

of course he did........we have to get the photo in and all that before he can go. show he cares about the "people". like that gay ad they had b4 the election where he was hugging this ugly girl that lost her parents in the septeber 11th attacks. Because we all know if anyone else was the president they would have walked by the girl and said who gives a f*&^. he is such a great man he even waited for someone to come along and photograph it so he coul..........i mean so she could have it.