Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rebel

Two Severs

Maybe what Entropy could do is make another server with the old EL system, and one with the new. This way there is two servers and the first week (or how ever long you want it) anyone who wants to be transported to the old sever can after that you have to pay (Maybe like $5-10 if you want to play the old server after the one first week like Pay to Play). This way it's the best of two worlds, players who like the old system can play the old system and players who like the new system can have the new. I dont know hoe you would do this though because the old server the economy was runined by peope with high manufacturing ( Main reason EFE's Came out) So you may have to make the Manufacturing level higher as there would be no Enriched Fire Essence. Also all of the money you have and equip and levels should be transfered but the money gets turned into the old money sytem. The only rea change is there should still be Pay to Play races on the old server and as i said higher manu because as there is no books or Enriched Fire Essences so Crannog or someone with high manufacturing cant instantly go on there and own. Also maybe Entropy should change all the items into gold so if you have lots of things it doesn't ruin the economy to much ( turns items into how much store buys them it would be abit less but i would still play.) I liked the old system alot better than this new one so i hope you do it beacause me and many old players will probably play the this system because it i feel it is better.

-Rebel

Already posted it under General "doom and master capes" but it really belongs here.

Which date do you mean, when you say "the old system"?

Things have changed gradually, it's not like there was an EL1 and EL2, more like something changed every other week.

Adding a new server would split the community, unless players on the separate servers could talk to each other and interact somehow.

already ben shot down.

Learner and I had this idea some time ago..He really wanted it.

I think thats why he's gone....

I believe the problem was getting the rights to use el stuff.

different servers like, changing the port # before you log in for a diff server.

i love this idea, old el was so much better, only thing is i think people should be reset to low lvls but get things for there items, then we can all relive the days when we were little n00blets =)

I believe the problem was getting the rights to use el stuff.

different servers like, changing the port # before you log in for a diff server.

Maybe before you make your charcter a screen comes up SERVER 1 or SERVER 2 or give them some fancy names or something if thats possible

awsome idea of 2 servers it has worked on many other succesful games and i think it could work on this 1 good suggestion im with this idea :P

already ben shot down.

Learner and I had this idea some time ago..He really wanted it.

I think thats why he's gone....

No, I had personal issues that came up suddenly and only recently have I been able to start checking in the forums again.

As for a second server, it would require getting a 'license'/approval from Entropy since the code is his.