Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Garfieldclown

Improvements on market-shops

Guest Garfieldclown

My view on improvements in the market situation:

In my point of view I think that shops don’t really have the effect that shops need to have. I want to ask you this question, who of you guys buys flowers at a flower shop? I guess nobody! Because they are so darn expensive to buy, and easy to pick. What if we change the buying-selling rates of shops. So that buying and selling wont be a change by factor 10 or more.

For an example, selling certain types of flowers to a shop for 0,2 - 0,7 gc each and buying that same kind of flowers for 1 - 1,5 gc each. So that it would be more interesting for example alchemist to buy flowers from shops.

If you can buy red snaps for 1gc each, red roses for 1gc each and sulphur for 3 or 4 gc each, you can create FE´s for buying costs of 5gc each. On market they sell for about 4, so alchemists would lose money if they only buy things from the stores, but it makes things little easier for manuers, crafters, alchemists etc. And with current creation-rate in the manu-box it would please many of the current players I guess.

So with this little introduction, I would like to give some more detailed info about my suggestion:

- Give shops an amount of GC, with which they can buy stuff. (let’s say 100.000 gc to start business)

- Give them also a start-amount of the things they can buy/sell (let’s say 10.000 of each thing)

- If some kinds of flowers are very popular, they would sell good to players. If the starting selling price is 2gc each, you can simply rise it a little when it drops below a certain amount (say border below 7.500, 5.000, 4000, etc.)

- If the prices to buy from shops are increased by an inch, the flowers would become less interesting to buy from shops.

- but when the selling-to-players price increase, also the buying-from-players price increases. (the shops want stuff in store in which they can trade to keep things going)

- buying-from-players-price and selling-to-players-price must have both a ceiling-price and a bottom-price which cant overlap (because it would give the shop losses)

In a ‘healthy’ economy it is possible to give more interest for players to use the shops properly.

Back to my example of the red snap flowers or the red roses: let’s say that the

'buying from players price' can diverse from 0.2 gc per flower (when the shop has plenty flowers to sell) up to 0.7 gc per flower (and that is when the shop has very little recourses to sell) and the

'selling to players price' can diverse from 1.0 or 1.5 gc per flower (when the shop has plenty to sell) and up to 3 - 5 gc per flower (when the shop is very low in quantity)

If the space in which the buying from players and selling to players are at there ceiling and bottom (0,7 gc for buying and 1,0 for selling) is rather large (let’s say from 10k in shop up to 50k in shop) it is still interesting for n00bs to pick and sell flowers and it is also interesting for alchemists to buy them from shops.

This also goes for other shops, like magic-shops! Buying and selling essences should be closer to each other. If someone likes to make money by creating HE’s he should be able to do it.

The prices will diverse from flower shops off course.

Lets say that ceiling for Buying FE’s from players is 3 or 4 gc, but the bottom of selling FE’s top players is 5 gc, than there still is a gap for players to sell them on free market, but the shops will be used more and more as well.

I think this situation will have some pro’s:

- rather ‘fixed’ prices on free market, if the shops are set right in there buying-selling prices (considered the stuff that’s needed to create them and the time you need to create them) there will be a small space in which free sellers can gain a little more to sell to players instead of selling to the shops.

- if you need some ingredients, you can buy them more easily from shops and it wont be a huge pain in the wallet.

- if the bottom and ceiling prices are set right, it wont be possible to make money buying from 1 shop and selling to another.

- different shops of the same kind will have different amount in storage, so it is a little surprise where to buy or where to sell your stuff to get the most money or stuff in return

- on favourite picking places (like graveyard – VOTD ) the people wont sit around lilacs all day long anymore, because at some point the buying from players price will drop below certain lvl that other flowers become more interesting.

- maybe even some other pro’s

There will also be some negs, but I cant think of 1 at this moment

If you have read this and you have understood what I mean to say, and you agree with certain things, don’t hesitate and reply

If you have read this and you have understood what I mean to say, and you dis-agree with certain things, also please don’t hesitate and reply as well!! (I know you will :):D )

I am only trying to get a more ‘healthy’ kinda ‘real-life’ market situation in EL

Sincerely GarfieldClown, proud member of W&W - miauw

Guest Garfieldclown

I dont spend much time on forums, so when i do, i dont go look if there are old-similar-topics. (see the number of posts i have lol :D )

But you think it's a well thought idea?

I am pleased to read that :)

Edited by Garfieldclown