Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The_Pale_Elf

Ultima Online

All I saw was "Ridable llamas" i'm interested :P

Maybe someone should tell Mikeh?

I think he will be interested.

I didn't realize "ridable llamas" would be such a hit... lol. There's also pack llamas, (and pack horses), which are not ridable but they're like the 'wheelbarrow' idea that floats around here occasionally. Also giant beetles, which are both pack animals and ridable.

Also, about llamas: There's a 'feature' in the real UO, that sometimes the spell "energy vortex", which usually summons a swirling purple cloud of death that kills and poisons everything it can attack, has a small chance of summoning a reddish-purple llama with pretty much the same powers. I don't yet know if this is included in the code for my server or not, but will get confirmation from a high level mage, once we get a few.

ev.gifevllama.gif

By the way, llamas and other ridable animals, as well as nearly all animals, and many monsters, (like dragons), are tamable using the skill "animal taming". It's sort of the equivalent to summoning in EL, since summoning is just magic/magery.

According to uo website:

Minimum requirements for 3d client:

Pentium ® II 300 MHz

64 Megs RAM

Windows 95/98/Me (NT and 2000 not supported)

998 MB Hard Drive Space

Supported 8 MB 3D graphics accelerator with Direct3D Support.

Here is a list of the most recommended 3d Accelerators:

nVidia - TNT2 and up

nVidia - GeForce and up

Matrox - G450 and up

ATI - Radeon and up

4x CD-ROM drive

16-bit sound card (DirectX 8.0a Supported)

Microsoft-compatible mouse, 100% Windows 95/98 compatible

An ISP with a Slip/PPP or direct connect at 56.6 kbps or better

Recommended for 3d client:

Pentium ® II 500 MHz

128 Megs RAM

Windows 95/98/Me

998 MB Hard Drive Space

Supported 32 MB 3D graphics accelerator with Direct3D support.

4x CD-ROM drive

16-bit sound card (DirectX 8.0a Supported)

Microsoft-compatible mouse, 100% Windows 95/98compatible

An ISP with Slip/PPP or direct connect at 56.6 kbps or better

Minimum for 2d client:

Pentium® 200 MHz

32 Megs RAM

Windows 95 or Windows 98

2 Meg PCI video card (DirectX supported set to 16-bit color)

16-bit sound card (DirectX supported)

850 MB hard drive space

4x CD-ROM drive

Microsoft-compatible mouse, 100% Win95/98 compatible

Slip/PPP or direct connect at 28.8kbps or better with 32-bit TCP/IP stack

Recommended for 2d client:

Pentium II® 233 MHz CPU

64 Megs RAM

Windows 95 or Windows 98

4 Meg PCI video card (DirectX supported set to 16-bit color)

16-bit sound card (DirectX supported)

850 Megs uncompressed hard drive space

8x CD-ROM drive

Microsoft-compatible mouse, 100% Win95/98 compatible

Slip/PPP or direct connect at 56.6 kbps or better with 32-bit TCP/IP stack

ALSO, please note: That I am running it on Windows XP, and have run it on Windows 2000 before. Just because they say not W2k compliant doesn't mean it's not going to work.

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

Finnaly fig. it out took 40 min on broadband wireless... i am going to try 3d mode cuz 2d is like too hard to use lol.. its very cool.. u start pout with 1k *w00t!* i am doing ok i love the tame/ride stuff i have a pet doggey..george hehe i can't wait to find a llama to ride because llama's are my absolute fav aninmal :D

Edited by brenor

So... Anyone interested? Here's the catch: The client is a daunting 620MB; it includes both the 2d and 3d client. If you're interested, you can get it from FilePlanet:

http://www.fileplanet.com/150798/download/...-Samurai-Empire

You'll also need a prog called Razor, it runs UO and allows you to connect to a private server. Much smaller download:

http://www.runuo.com/downloads/index.php?action=file&id=27

How am I smegin suppose to d/l that? I use Mozilla, it downloads well and suddently it stops! Could someone help?

;) Mireille, I would recommend getting a download resume program, such as Download Accelerator, (www.speedbit.com). It will handle the downloading and if it gets cut off, it will resume the download.

:ph34r: Alternately, and I know everyone hates to hear it... Try IE. It simply works. This would be part of the reason I don't go Mozilla, heh.

:P Either way, good luck with the download!

Nope. Samarui empire has all the files. That's why it's 600 MB.

I used Flashget with the Flashgot plugin for mozilla firefox, used firefox 1.0.1 with pimpzilla skin to download it. And Never USE IE! It's ebul!! :P;)

Took me five hours. Site supports file resuming within 24 hours. Does not support multiple connections. Yes, flashget has a popup when it starts. And it's an internet explorer one. IE is ebul.

ta da this game rocks, ok i am what you might call non-newb for a new game now, got a house, got a llama, got a horse, got like 5k and sum kick arse jester stuff.... still need a guild ;) its easy to play even though the download was long.. if u can download do, if you can't, wish you could ;) anyway back to playing it, just fig. i'd drop buy and post a bit, thanks for the post card lol i got a pic of me on a llama its easier to see and on 3d... :P *trys for a year to post...* well hope it works click for llama! :lol:

Nope. Samarui empire has all the files. That's why it's 600 MB.

I used Flashget with the Flashgot plugin for mozilla firefox, used firefox 1.0.1 with pimpzilla skin to download it. And Never USE IE! It's ebul!! :):(

Took me five hours. Site supports file resuming within 24 hours. Does not support multiple connections. Yes, flashget has a popup when it starts. And it's an internet explorer one. IE is ebul.

I'm using Flashget right now. I've downloaded 53% of those 600 MB, only 7,5 hours left. That game HAD BETTER BE WORTH IT.... :ph34r:

And yes, IE is t3h 3bv1.

meh just deal with it, u wilkl prob. uses 2d sum day when comp is running slow, anyways i am doing very well for may self cotton picking and have my own guild, Darkadia's First Guild (DFG) ways to notice me:

jokerhat

on horse or llama

studded leather armour

my guild tag is in my mouseover box (DFG) as well as my guild co-name beeing Llama farmer. Keep a look out for my first ingame book coimign soon, also pale elf do us a favor. post a full world map.. or a lot of maps of every citiy.. and dnager zones lol ok just a nice map :P (i am afraid to leave Sakra Bre because i might not ever fuin my house lol) :lol:

Fear not of losing your house, for someday soon players with magery will undoubtedly come across a scroll of "mark". Sixth circle spell, I've seen someone with a few from the mage npc quest. What's it do? Well, you take a rune, (bought from the mage npc), and you cast mark on it. Instantly, the rune is 'marked' at your location, and will let you return to that very spot when you cast "recall", which I've also seen scrolls of. Or, eventually, there will be 8th circle mages who can cast gate on the same rune, and open a moongate so you can bring friends across the world to your home.

So be a mage. :P

As for a map... Well, there's lots of em. Here's one:

fullmap.jpg

Notice on the left side, there is an island city below the main continent. That is the city of Skara Brae. Player housing has been set up outside Skara. Zooming in...

skara.jpg

This might give insight as to the size of the entire world... Plus, this map is mirrored, into "Trammel", the peaceful world, and "Felucca", or PK world. Plus three other entire worlds to explore, not shown on this map!

Guest RustedSpork

so its sosaria all over again and more moongate/mooncycle madness?

:o Wow, you are an oldie... Nice sig. lol Ultima4 for life!

:) It's Sosaria, with lots more... And the moongate cycling was done away with shortly after Third Dawn, (3D). You walk into the moongate, and pick where you wanna go. It became a whole new game during Rennaissance, I think it was, and weapons and armors because elemental defences and attacks... It's so much beyond the old UO, (I started when T2A was released), it's hard to explain without just coming in and seeing it...

:P Btw, no, you can't get 2d or 3d seperate, it's a package deal. I personally like the graphics of 2d better, like for opening containers.

Guest RustedSpork

so um is there also gargs, virtues, and the pain of remembering runic and gargish too?

There's gargs, virtues, no gargish, there is orcish, spoken by orcs, and lizardman speech, spoken by... Yeah. There's karma, you get it by killing monsters, you lose it by stealing, PKing, killing good npcs... And you can play an evil character if you don' wanna be the Avatar.