Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The_Pale_Elf

Ultima Online

:) First off, if I'm posting this in the wrong place, lemme know, or move it for me. I *think* General is correct for this?

:) Everyone who has sifted thru the suggestion forums has seen me post time and again about a game called UO. Lot of nice features I'd like to see EL adopt, even if RS has taken the same standards, heh. When I retired from this game, I decided to put up my old UO server, here at home. I've already offered accounts to Roja and a few others here, and would like to extend the welcome to all the friends I have made in EL. Here's some of what it has to offer:

Ridable horses, llamas, ostriches, beetles, (which also double as pack animals), and swamp dragons:

swampy.jpg

Summonables, (which are included in magery skill):

summ.jpg

Magic, here's hilev magery and necro and paladin spells:

books.jpg

You can have your own fully customizable house (smallest size shown, up to 32x32 tiles):

house4.jpg

Skills list (Note the different combat skills, for diff weapon classes):

skills.jpg

So... Anyone interested? Here's the catch: The client is a daunting 620MB; it includes both the 2d and 3d client. If you're interested, you can get it from FilePlanet:

http://www.fileplanet.com/150798/download/...-Samurai-Empire

You'll also need a prog called Razor, it runs UO and allows you to connect to a private server. Much smaller download:

http://www.runuo.com/downloads/index.php?action=file&id=27

:D If you are interested, Get those two files and install them, and PM me a username and password for the account. Don't make either one your intended character name, as you get 5 character slots in one account. I'll reply with the rest of the instructions to connect. Hope to see ya there... B)

me too. But this should be in off-topic since not related to el.

now just for him relpy pm then hopeful be able to play it.

Edited by jamesvm

:lol: Shu'up boy, and give da link to yer friends an' I might not beat you and send ya's to bed wit' no supper! *cracks whip*

Btw, when I get home I'll post pics of the guild features, which would also be nice to see in EL... Guilds can share storage space at houses, thus no need for 'guild bots', and guild members can train fighting skills on one another without getting murder counts, (yes, you do get 'murderer' title for PKing, hehe.)

:o UO really is bloated... I need to find a client in less than 50MB, or download for a week :)

Yes, bloated. 5 hours on DSL... but it will run good. Right? Right?? No idea... I wanna play on his/her(why can't I tell?) server after it gets done. In two hours. And I started last night. And I'm on DSL.

I'm thinking the "drawings" are your screenshots.

Edited by freeone3000

Dudes no offence but isn't ultima online copyrighted? I mean if i download the client and paly on pale_elf's server (which btw i'd love to do) will i have the FBI on my ass?

So more graphics and functionality are dubbed "bloated"? I would imagine useless stuff would be bloatware, but I guess to each their own, right? Once FreeOne connects to the server and tries it out for awhile, maybe he can post if it's worth the download, which, I know, is large. The alternative is to connect and download every image as you come to them, and bandwidth would be like streaming 1024x768 video at 60fps through dialup bandwidth. :P

I would imagine that if the FBI were beating down the doors of people playing on private servers, the entire website for RunUO would be down long before they ever went open source with it. No? I ran a UO emu server several years ago, it went two years without any legal questions coming up.

Linux: I don't know for sure, not using Linsux myself. Oops, typo. ;) Seriously tho, there is a client made by Krrios on the RunUO downloads page, (www.runuo.com) and see if it can be compiled to Linux. I do believe it is also open source. It might be smaller than 620MB.

I do believe it is also open source.  It might be smaller than 620MB.

If I recall correctly, it requires the UO binary download.

EDIT: Meep, it's not there (called Krrios' UO Client, or PlayUO). Seems D/L database is down. <_<

BTW, yes, personally I consider any game larger than my OS "bloated". ;)

Edited by crusadingknight

Awright, I tend to forget my old peers, the dialuppers. For a $5 donation to cover cost of CD, postage and package, and me driving to the post office, via PayPal to LoserVampyre at hotmail.com, I will mail you a CD with the files here.

And for Linux users, Krrios' client, called PlayUO, is neither open source nor does it appear to support Linux. UO supposedly doesn't support any Windows outside of 9x systems, lol. They do have a Linux something or other on their ftp tho, here's a link I found. Any info you could email me about it would be helpful, since I can't actually use it myself...

http://www.linuxgames.com/?dataloc=uofaq#currstat

EDIT: Hehe, it's in their forums, but they don't have it on the download page. Still, it's a small download, so I imagine it's not going to work on its own. Btw, the Linux dl appears to require the big file download, tho someone PMed me with a link to maybe a broken up set of files. I'll post more when I am sure it'll work

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

I see. I play. I slay small domestic animals with a overly large sword. Plays nice with EL, as well. Low drain.

Item identification: Tells you what an item is. Like mouseover, except it's a skill. So that makes it better.

Taste identification: Tells types of potions apart. Also used to test for posion, beacuse drinking it is the best way to tell.

Edited by freeone3000

To everyone who is interested, download those two files and install them both. Razor requires .NET framework, from Windows Update website, to be installed.

Once that's completed, here's the additional steps:

1. PM me with your desired user name and password. Don't make these the same as your character names, preferably not the same as your bank account password either. I'll reply once the account is set up.

2. Run Razor. Make it match these settings:

razor.jpg

3. Click Okay. You should be on. :)

I understand there is one hellacious learning curve. To all new players, double click to open doors, and hopefully there will be players I've told how to play, who can help you out. Beyond that, I can be reached via MSN Messenger in the evenings, EST, loservampyre at hotmail.com.

That's all I've got to offer until I get a tutorial website set up, and get some NH type staff for the game.