Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mireille

Terri Schiavo

Should Terri Schiavo be cut off from the life-supporting machinery?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Terri Schiavo be cut off from the life-supporting machinery?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't give a smeg.
    • Who's Terri Schiavo?

Holy crap, just a moronic local affair, and media all over the world make it their number one topic. People die every day. Aren't there really more important matters?

BTW, I marked 3.

I voted No.

Why? Because its illegal for a reason...

That's not a very good reason. In some other countrys it's legal. I could say:"It's legal for a reason."

I have no clue, who she is, but my answer's yes.

I she has enough energy of her own to survive, she will do, even without a life-supporting machine. If she won't survive without such a machine then it is a big sign for me, that her time on earth is over and one should peacefully let her pass.

I don't understand why everyone is talking about it. It should not be a problem that is being discussed in public.

We don't know the person for real so we can't rate the situation. All we know is the "propaganda" from the media.

That's why I don't care about it and think it is the matter of her relatives.

There are more important problems on earth.

I voted no. Multiple reasons but I'll just give two.

1) Her husband is horrible. Lies that she said she wanted to die if this ever happened, has children with another woman, and there are rumors that he is the reason she is in this condition. Now, for a "life or death" companion, he sure hasn't proven himself to be very faithful nor credible.

2) Terri lives in the United States and this entire affair is warped to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Personally to me, this falls under life, as who is to decide who is worthy for living or not? There is no written proof that she said she did not want to stay alive. It is written NOWHERE and the law in this country says that if you don't have proof, you have no argument. We don't treat criminals as bad as she is getting it. If you're going to kill someone, atleast be humane and put them out of their misery. God damned murderers.

*EDIT* And she's not on "life support." She simply receives food and water through a feeding tube, nothing else.

Edited by Daxon

Ummmm.....i may sound n00bish....but who is Terri Schiavo?

this has nothing to do with being a noob in any way shape or form, its called being unaware of "events" that the media makes popular to get money and ratings.

:) Wow, I agree with... EVERYONE! It's illegal I hear, so that would make me vote "YES", for breaking of laws and pro-general anarchy. And since _JenS_ says her husband is content with paying these high hospital costs, then I definately feel "NO", because it's his cost and he can spend his money however he jolly well pleases, no? And yeah, there are too many people on earth, we're gonna overcrowd it and already we save every life we can no matter how bad it has to live, despite nature's law of 'survival of the fittest'. Daxon seems to have the most informed opinion of anyone who has posted thus far. I didn't know who she was until I heard 'bout it on the news this very morning on my way to work. And I don't care about the question, because it's not a decision in my hands, and I have no place making such a decision for someone else.

:blink: So should I create three more accounts so I can actually vote for all 4?

*EDIT* And she's not on "life support."  She simply receives food and water through a feeding tube, nothing else.

This changes my opinion completely. As I said I don't know who she is. I first heard the name here in this forum. Knowing this earlier, I would have voted for no. Well, I suppose that's for voting on something, where I'm not imformed of :)

And I don't care about the question, because it's not a decision in my hands, and I have no place making such a decision for someone else.

And Elf is quite right here. What I stated were only my personal opinions on this topic in general.

Is she alive now? I guess it depends on your definition of "life".

To me, "life" applies to the already living, injured or not. Life is life. I don't have the right to order you dead nor can you say the same for me. Only what you write while in a conscious state can decide what happens to you. No idiotic abusive spouse should determine to have a woman killed to collect insurance and all of her belongings. That's what it boils down to.

I can predict the next step in this entire thing: he'll order cremation to cover up evidence. Even 15 years after being physically abused, injuries can still be detected. But yes, you all go ahead and support this lawbreaking lowdown piece of trash: it'll just be you joining him in that special place in Hell.

But yes, you all go ahead and support this lawbreaking lowdown piece of trash:  it'll just be you joining him in that special place in Hell.

Proud Supporter of the Anti-Platyna Campaign. :D

It seems you're now starting an anti-all-other-players campaign to be proud of, are you :)

Why can't you just accept that other people think different from you? For me putting someone on a life-supporting machine is the same as torturing this person, whose natural life has definitely ended. The only reason to put someone on such a machine, is imho the lack of the relatives to face the truth of death. Much people nowadays simply can't face this truth, for reasons I can't reconstruct. It's ok, for a short period of time, i.e. after an operation, as long as someone is in deadly peril, but not for long periods of time. For me, this is a debate of principles and not bound to this certain case where I know absolutely nothing of, besides what is written here in the forum. But this is imho as well propaganda as what the newspapers tell.

Btw. what special places are you talking about? I am not a christian, although I was baptised as a child when I couldn't decide myself whether I want this or not, so there's no hell for me and also no specials places therein :)

In general, for ppl with the capability to make a decision, death should be a basic right, so i'm pro euthanasia with the subject's acceptance.

In this particular case, i voted for option #3...

:) As I understand it, the husband wants to let her go, after footing the bill for 15 years. I say, good for him, he's been there for her financially at least, for 15 years and getting nothing in return except the hope for her to come back out of the coma. It's time to let him let go. And her parents want her to stay hooked up to the food tube. Also great, let them pay for it for another 15 years if they so choose. The hospital should be happy to keep feeding her, she's occupying a room and it's paid for. It helps pay their salaries.

:D One thought occurs to me... They're talking about pulling her feeding tube, and letting her die naturally of starvation. Unless I'm mistaken, euthanasia isn't even being considered, they're just going to stop feeding her? Someone please correct me if I am wrong... But if that is the case, euthanising would be much more humane. Hell, a bullet in the head would be more humane than letting her go without food for, how long did they say she could survive without it? 2 weeks?

EDIT: Since everyone's posting their votes... I have abstained from voting. I don't pick any choice if I don't strongly feel one way or the other, or if I feel it's not a vote that should concern me.

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

Private lifes of the other people are not my concern and putting a nose into this is rude. Voted: I don't give a "smeg".

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

i voted yes, cause she lives like a plant, like many others said. But if she would ever wake up she wouldn't be able to understand how things work, she's in like a long time coma. :S