Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nissarin

novotny

He wanted to trade 3.5k FEs for mm cape - bag trade in nc storage, he PM me that he is making bag. Later when I was in storage, TooMass asked if someone has spare food so I put 20 fruits in bag and write to him on local chat. At the moment when I step out from bag novotny move from his bag without no warning, so I get his bag and there was no FEs, of course in the same time novotny grabbed 20 fruits...

the normal process, he made a bag for me to trade, coz it should have been 4k emu.

and i gave him 50% first and 50% after the deal.

but the deal ended as i gave him the 50%.....

can any mod tell me,, if novotny is scamming for himself or if he is just a scamm-account for some1 else, i would be intrested who that is.... :)

I never trade anything before I check bag first (unless it's trade with some friend) - it's the best way to avoid such scammers.

Some time ago I was thinking about few commands that can be used to reduce this problem (but not only).

Example:

1. #allow_storage player

2. #allow_storage another_player book+ess

3. #show_storage some_player

First example: allow 'player' to get our storage list (one time).

Second one: allow to see only entries containing string book and/or ess (working just like #storage item but more advanced :ph34r: )

Last example: get storage list of 'some_player'

There is possibility to add more commands which f.e. allow some group of players to get our books list (usefull thing), this group could be our guild or even all players, in the future our 'buddies' ?

I know it should be in suggestions but who cares :P

I never trade anything before I check bag first

The problem is that one of the two trading partners has to trust the other one when bag trading.

Guest skaar

bagtrading, same old story, bagjumpers r as old as bags themself <_<

best thing u could do is use a man in the middle. a person which both traders trust. if the bag is ok the deal is perfect, else no deal :rolleyes: . and if some1 dont want such a system or wanna trade at least 50% of the stuff with the trading-menu there is something wrong. and there should be many honoralbe and trustworthly players in EL. and if the man in the middle is an high lvld player its clearly no scamm char. :rolleyes: else hes listed in outlaws section in forum.