Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

New bot rules

I think the new rules are fine, in fact i think that all bots, irregardless of their function , should have prior approval.

I also agree with SKA that the situation that led to these rule changes was not ideal. Maybe its time to look at all the rules, for bots and players, and reword/reconstruct them to prevent any future ambiguities.

3.The only bots that are allowed to buy and sell now are paid bots.

4. Trade bots cannot be in range of any storage.

is me but seem loop hole here if guild storage bot as long did not sell stuff or buy stuff that could exist all does deposit or withdraw items to players

3.The only bots that are allowed to buy and sell now are paid bots.

4. Trade bots cannot be in range of any storage.

is me but seem loop hole here if guild storage bot as long did not sell stuff or buy stuff that could exist all does deposit or withdraw items to players

That isnt a loop hole guilds are allowed to have bot which act as a kinda drop of point fo other guildies to get ona later and get there item

Personally, I like the idea the new rules hve been written for clarification, but I am in complete disagreement with the spirit and situation by which such has come to be.

This seems to have arisen out of the banning of ELMarket, a bot which has since been unbanned, as it has been found by the developers to not be breaking the rules. As such, it should be clearly noted that banning the bot was an abuse of a mod's power.

well, we come to a small situation now, that after the fact, the rules have been changed to justify the act, but the act was still admitted to be wrong, as admitted by the bot being unbanned.

So, we have a legal bot banned unfairly, because a mod enforced a rule improperly. We already have cases of this on the forum, which can be searched for if someone is so enterprising (I may find and add the links later). Even though the rule in question in that case was AFK-Fighting, and not Bot Rules, the key situation was that 2 different mods in 2 different situations enforced an incorrect interpretation of the rules to the detriment of a character (in one case, a player was tp'd out of a map improperly, in the other, the player was made pkable and killed by that mod). In bot situations, after it was ruled an abuse of mod power, both mods were punished by demodding. Now, are we not supposed to expect even an apology?

The last thing I will say on this:

Moderators who break rules, or do bad things, are warned by me and/or Entropy, we take care of the situations. We do not bring the public community into those dealings because it is not for them to be involved in. It is for only the higher management to take care of, and we do take care of it.

You are not paying us or doing anything for us for us to have to inform the public in all of our dealings with Moderators. It goes on behind the scenes and will ALWAYS stay that way; they are private matters, not for public eyes.

However, all players have the right to file an abuse report on ANYONE in the game, but RULE #12 MUST be followed! As well as ALL forum rules! If it is not followed, then your post will be deleted! No exceptions!

Bye bye Ants

*Exceptions to the rule of no leveling up in any skill MIGHT be possible but only after having Entropy know about it and agreed upon. You must discuss these issues with him and give all details as to why your bot should be allowed to level up

:D

You forgot to add Roja that all posts of opposition to you will be deleted too, no matter

if they comply to the forum rules or not.

What on earth has this got to do with this thread, Plat? You're becoming very sad and boring with this...

Why couldn't you just make your point about Ants, WITHOUT hassling Roja yet again?

Edited by avon

And about Ants - AFAIK they said bye bye long time ago with Learner

Regards.

Learners ants where not the only ants pltn

I think we will make a rule against ANY kind of bots whatsoever, with the exception of the paid bots. Things are going out of hand here, and it seems that the only way to fix this is to moderate the forums and the game in a nazi like way.

As for the ELMarket bot, the owner will be refuded his money, and the bot will not be unbanned.