Eternal Lands Official Forums
Master_Templar

St. Patrick's Day

The english seem to celebrate St. Patricks Day more than they do St. George's day As we're more or less an binge drinking nation (harsh but true), perhaps we're using this as an excuse to get drunk? :P:D

Happy St. Patricks day to those that celebrate it (i.e. the Irish). :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm not Irish and I love St. Patrick's Day! :P

Everybody wear your green mm cape today!!! :D

As we're more or less an binge drinking nation (harsh but true), perhaps we're using this as an excuse to get drunk? :P:)

Think you hit the nail on the head there old boy....

This is a country of inveterate binge-drinkers, which the government is attempting to curb by putting 1p onto a pint of beer and allowing pubs to stay open 24 hours a day.

Yay!! That's bound to work.... :D

(Note: The emotions expressed in this post are mostly sarcasm aimed at the UK Government, not at anyone else.)

As we're more or less an binge drinking nation (harsh but true), perhaps we're using this as an excuse to get drunk? :D  :(

Think you hit the nail on the head there old boy....

This is a country of inveterate binge-drinkers, which the government is attempting to curb by putting 1p onto a pint of beer and allowing pubs to stay open 24 hours a day.

Yay!! That's bound to work.... :)

(Note: The emotions expressed in this post are mostly sarcasm aimed at the UK Government, not at anyone else.)

Yeah, lets make beer more expensive and attempt to stop excessive drinking, by allowing the drinkers to drink 24 hours a day instead of 12....Wow, what a government that is! :P

I also would like to wish all of EL a Happy St Patricks Day. I love this holiday so much that I got married on it 7 years ago today :angry:

Wow, congratulations to you! :D

LONG LIVE THE IRISH AND THEIR GIFT TO ALL OF GREEN BEER!!!!!!!

I love being part-Irish.

Happy S:T Patrick's Day! :rolleyes:

I'm not Irish but i'm gona do my share of celebrating it! :D

That's the spirit!!

I love my city! We don't have any connection whatsoever with the irish, and very few of them live here, but we all had a great booze-up on St. Patrick's Day that lasted through the week-end (and now a big hangover...). Yey!

Is this in the spirit of this celebration or what?

Yea, does anyone here even know who Saint Patrick was? :/

I think he converted the Irish to Catholicism, then he chased all the snakes out of Ireland... (quite funny, when you note that there never were snakes in Ireland... must've done a good job then.)

Not entirely true, Arnieman. Legond tells that he chased all the snakes out but one, which would explane the fact that there is only one type of reptile in Ireland.

I think he converted the Irish to Catholicism, then he chased all the snakes out of Ireland... (quite funny, when you note that there never were snakes in Ireland... must've done a good job then.)

In this context, "snakes" are believed to symbolize pagans. Or pagan gods.