Eternal Lands Official Forums

Do you want a new storage GUI?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a new storage GUI?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter

Very nice, that will be brilliant. Drag and drop, cool.

I can't help notice the top to the list says food. Are there plans to store food in the future?

Also there are no more subcategories for modable swords and magic swords?

Well, all storages will be more flexible than they are today. So you can have 1 storage that allows storing food, clothing etc. but no items that are manufacturable. So yes, you might be able to get food from some storages.

With the new interface, everything can actually become a storage. We can have storage spells, crates working as storages for certain items, etc.

Furthermore, we're planning to have guild storages as well - of course only available through a fee.

Oh and yes - there are no more sub categories.

Edited by Wytter

It's in CVS as -DSTORAGE. You'll need to connect to a server that uses the new storage interface though ;-)

It's in CVS as -DSTORAGE. You'll need to connect to a server that uses the new storage interface though ;-)

155677[/snapback]

That was fast... sitting here using it, it's hard to believe the old one even existed. *Forces self back to the normal server*

Well, no server uses the new storage interface to my knowledge ;) But perhaps you can convince Grum or Mihai to put it up on the test server in some days.

Well, no server uses the new storage interface to my knowledge :P But perhaps you can convince Grum or Mihai to put it up on the test server in some days.

155682[/snapback]

I meant the drag in the trade window... :lol:

EDIT: Wait... unh, something's different with the trade window, but I can't figure it out ;)

Edited by crusadingknight

Didn't make any changes to trading yet. Must've been your imagination.

;)

i know i have not been around much lately...

i dont know, i have kinda lost the spark in a way. i guess im kinda waiting for a magic update :D

well, the problem is that you can only do storage so many ways and still be user friendly. right now the storage system isnt user friendly (and a hackish use of the npc chat dialog at that) so therefor we get this.

i dear you to locate a rpg storage interface that dont look something like runescape :P

RIght, who cares if some other system uses it? If the method doesn't suck then learn from others and make use of it.

If Apple had excluded previously used solutions then MacOS would have been very different indeed as Xerox had already come up with windowing back in the late 70's.

Right. Well to be honest I wasn't looking at runescape when I made this - I just figured it'd be the most user friendly.

Storage trading will be possible when you're in the near of a storage, and you have the storage window open. Currently my mind is split between 2 solutions - either have a special trade window for storage trading that's basically a merge between the storage window and the trade window or a drag/drop interface for trading; this'd mean that both inventory items and storage items can be traded using the same interface, and even at the same time (mixing storage + inventory items in the trade).

With the first option, all items will go into the storage immediately. With the second the items will go into the inventory if you have enough room, otherwise they'll go into the storage.

So, which one would you prefer? Or do you have other ideas?

What do you guys think of a remote-storage spell that lets you either deposite or withdraw 1 item?

Here's 3 pics showing how the depositing to a storage will happen:

Talking with a storager...

http://wytter.tfm.ro/elc/pics/storage1.jpg

After clicking on the "Open storage", which opens the storage interface. I furthermore clicked on "Help" to get some help on how to use it :P. After opening the storage interface I went into the essences category.

http://wytter.tfm.ro/elc/pics/storage2.jpg

As you can see I'm currently dragging 32 items. If you wonder how that is possible, it's a new feature that lets you set the quantities yourself (up to 99999).

Now I deposited the 32 items, and the storage shows how many items I have in the storage of the item I was using the last time. It will also show the quantity of the given item when you scroll your mouse over it - unfortunately there's not enough room to show the quantity all the time.

http://wytter.tfm.ro/elc/pics/storage3.jpg

As you can see I'm now only holding 8 items, since I don't have any more in my inventory.

Looks great Wytter!

I like the spell idea too, but is should be fairly low on essences needed I think.

Just one question; will not the drop all button block the item description?

Just one question; will not the drop all button block the item description?

Shit. Good thing I'm not getting paid for this.

two options to fixing that, shrink the grid size for the main inventory area or increase the size of the inventory window :ph34r:

err, forgot about that one :P

ok, so 3 options then.

but where to move it? and is it realy needed? how often do people drop everything they carry?

looking forward to seeing the new storage interface in use. when will the test sever be updated to support it?

but where to move it? and is it realy needed? how often do people drop everything they carry?

People who bag potions.

I think that we should just have a checkbox called "All", that would be usable for every interface.