Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sirrobin

Another try at getting the market right

What if El staff changed all items into cash execpt rare items and dissabled trading for a week so people would be forced to buy from stores so when the week was over the prices on items would be around store price?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What if El staff changed all items into cash execpt rare items and dissabled trading for a week so people would be forced to buy from stores so when the week was over the prices on items would be around store price?

• Good idea
    • Ok
    • Stupid

ok i dont mean offence here BUT.....

what do you think to gain by posting all of these polls ?

if you have any ideas for improving the economy, put it in suggestions

I really don't thnk that for a week, making people do tasks that require normal items impossible would go over well.

that idea is dumb no offense but its hard for us newbies to get money so leave it be we all dont like that and trading is a way for us to get money!!!!!!!!!

well i quit this game runescape because there were too many ppl and the prices were just crazy!(el is better anyways) because i like a change and i think that the prices wouyld just go straight back when people have finished and also as someone said in another post what about the antisocial ppl.

well i quit this game runescape because there were too many ppl and the prices were just crazy

Thats intresting, beacuse I played Mu online for a little, and the prices there were outragous. Perhaps its the fate for all on-line games to undergo massive price inflation when its population gets too large.

Inflation is a natural market occurrance, in real life as well as in games. When I last played UO, you had to pay no less than 300k gold for a house, while the deed for the hous was like 20k. Of course, if you wanted to purchase a castle, IF one was up for sale, they were about 3mil in the old days, but no less than ten times that when I left. What's the relevance? Well, for one thing, try selling anything in this game for 3mil. But give it a few years and as more gold pours into the market, it will take more gold to get non npc priced items, (like mm capes). Currently these items are on a price drop, because more are being introduced into the market than gold.

:) Hey, the economics in this game are what have kept me here thus far. That and the intense pulse pounding feeling of chasing a smegging fox down to kill it, and screaming "STOP RUNNING YOU ORANGE smegING FLEABAG!"

I think the economy is fine. Players are selling for more then they could get from NPC's if they sold to them, and for less then they could buy them for from NPC's. If the prices are too low, then they should increase the NPC buying price so players can sell more to NPC's. I currently have no problem with the economy, though as a Nooby I did think that leather armor and weapons were expensive.. but then I started to harvest and learned the fun trades and I'm doing great! ;D

:) Seems like this was an unpopular idea from the start.

:blink: Yeah, let's get rid of bagtrading! Okay, here's how it goes, when you drop a bag, you can't pick any of the items back up, and neither can anyone else! Furthermore, you can't pick up bags left by animals or monsters, they die and you can watch their bag sit there, imagining the gold, furs, meat, and books that you are NOT getting! That would get rid of bagtrading altogether!

<_< Personally, I'm more for adding bulk trade deeds, where you turn 5k meat or whatever into a piece of paper weighing 1 EMU, to trade it.

As long as there is an infinite way to make money (harvesting unlimited resources), then inflation will always occur. That's why it's best to make incentives to spend ingame gold to lower the total amount (I thought the idea of buying guild houses and paying weekly fees to keep them would have been great to drain cash. Say 5k per week?)

it will take more gold to get non npc priced items, (like mm capes). Currently these items are on a price drop, because more are being introduced into the market than gold.

well, technically there is more gold being introduced to the market than MM capes but the value of the mm capes is greater than that of the gold.

Oh, and ay, no need to mess with the economy, it's fine, and if there are problems they will be fixed by the laws of economy over time.

I think not picking up bags should be a negative perk but I can't think of a good name.

The problem with the EL economy (If there is one) is that on the one hand you have to make billions of items to advance in skill levels. While on the other there are way to few people to buy them. In fact it isn't clear to me that there could ever be enough consumers to deal with the supply.

Which is why I tend to see deflation rather then inflation and why I don't see that changing regardless of how many people join in the future.

Of course I could just be totally wrong. Wouldn't be the first time today.

Inflation is a natural market occurrance, in real life as well as in games.  When I last played UO, you had to pay no less than 300k gold for a house, while the deed for the hous was like 20k.  Of course, if you wanted to purchase a castle, IF one was up for sale, they were about 3mil in the old days, but no less than ten times that when I left.  What's the relevance?  Well, for one thing, try selling anything in this game for 3mil.  But give it a few years and as more gold pours into the market, it will take more gold to get non npc priced items, (like mm capes).  Currently these items are on a price drop, because more are being introduced into the market than gold.

144303[/snapback]

mm capes are on a price drop for 2 reasons the first one is because of mm perk (also spawns alot of bag jumpers <_< ) and the second is because monsters drop too many rare items and not enough coins and it's inproportional to the level of the monster eg. you could make more money killing trolls then fluffies.