Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Specter

Do people role play in game?

yes some people role play in the game but it is geting to be very rare and if you want an example fine me in game in a rp "mood" if i am rp its usaly with somone else and mostly just siting in a tavern yelling and ranting then runing out to kkill a few bunnies and coming back to the tavern and telling the faitfull tail of my... oh boy so much to type lol

anyways if your interesting in rp in game just brief over some of the rp threads here and look for those people ingame

Same here. I rp when I meet other rpers. Maybe one day, it would be considered that if enough ppl donated there could be a rp server? I guess that'd need a LOT of donations though.

The question is do people acctually role play in game? if you do post below and some things you talk about

and some examples of role play chat

143052[/snapback]

Hell, I hope they don't.

I remember my first experiences with MUDs, I created my character and joined the game. I was terribly lost so I asked someone how you did X and Y. HE said "You're not role-playing!" and killed me. Idiots.

What do you expect on a MUD? with no graphics did you really expect Mr.Everquest and Mr.Anarchy online to be playing?

The only reason to play is for the RP element though I've never been brutally murdered for slipping OOC (out of character) do you really want Frodalf, your haughty elven mage friend to start typing "Aarrrgghh my chext! My chest! Where are my nitoglycerin pills!?"

Certainly not.

i like to RP as well...though most of the time its with Raven and Adarah. Those two can get pretty crazy. Wouldn't you be if you had to stare at a rival all day? They've been fighting over me for some time.

i used to do some role playing in-game, but that was just to help my story for the game... that nvr got finished :P

and like whenever i'd get stuck on a part, i'd get some of my guild members together, let them know about their character's background, and then they story would continue. It was actually quite fun ^_^

Actually I organized a RP group once, and we did it a few times :D It was really fun, and i'd love to do it again but just dont' have the time. Why don't you start and organize one yourself?

Maybe someone could start a RP guild, so that we could see at a glance (due to the guild title) who's a fellow rper?

Wouldn't need to be any specific guild ranks or meets or anything, the only rela point would be the title.

Guild tag: ROLE :)

I've got the money and level to start it, but I don't have the time to run it. Anyone interested?

-Lyn-

Would it need anybody to run it?

Could you just set it up and then forget about it?

Or would you need to approve all the applications and everything?

Yes, obviously a Role-playing guild would need someone in charge who would make sure the people are actually RPers (and not just some newbies who want to get into any guild), accept and manage the guild, and probably organise RP events together.

-Lyn-

used to rolePLay...with my friends..ogle ..roland and mabey some others...

it was pretty fun...but.wen stoped after a week or two..:)

and if you started a role playing guild ...couldent you just put the guild itself at a high enough rank to accept them and higher their rank?

Thank way everyone pitches in to make the guild not just one person constantly working?

(i see a flaw in that plan) :P

I don't see why you'd need events or anything like that, all I was suggesting was for the tag, so that a member can wander off and do his or her own thing, but should they come across someone else who RPs they'd be able to tell at a glance, but I see you point too...

All right, I guess I could try it. One of the major disadvantages, though, is that you can only belong to one guild at a time. Many players may not choose to leave their current guild atmosphere just for a loose association of RPers linked by a name. That's why a person dedicated to managing a guild is important too.

-Lyn-

I had just thought about that, only belonging to one guild.

Perhaps instead of a guild there could be a person in game who you ould talk to, he would offer you the chance to have an "RP" tag added to your name somewhere, maybe after any guild tags?

Would that be too difficult?

Difficult, since that would require some changes to the server.

It would be better, I think, to have a bot that keeps a record of all RPers who have registered with him, and are online at the time. It's not as straightforward as being able to see immediately who's an RPer and who isn't, but at least it's better than nothing...

Trouble is, of course... who's going to program and maintain this bot?

-Lyn-

Actually, a bot or a seperate guild isn't necessary, you're making more work for yourselves when you dont need to :P

After the discussion on this thread I was thinking of setting up an RP'ers website and forum for EL players.. it would allow me and Jane to organise a live events team quite much faster, and all the RP'ing information would be in one central place.

Ideally once its setup there will be a list of players registered and their names on the site, so you can check who is RP'ing - eventually though I would expect RP'ing groups to emerge (if enough people get involved) and we have a list of groups, and you can sign up for various RP'ing groups.. but I'm getting ahead of myself again ;)