Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aitrus

doom and masters capes

anyone got pictures?? i want to see em (and ent/roja do you have the md2 files for them? i wanna wear em lol)

so they were just plain black and grey >.> no skulls on the back or some master symbol?? >.>

Only special thing was Master cloak was dropped by cyclops (hard to kill back then) and was around 35 Mill. :) Also there was an admin cloak that was plain brown and gave 9 armor.

Only special thing was Master cloak was dropped by cyclops (hard to kill back then) and was around 35 Mill. ;) Also there was an admin cloak that was plain brown and gave 9 armor.

4 armor if im not mistaken ^^

Yeah that is what stinks now there is nothing worth a lot and all creatures aren't....that challenging so there is nothing worth that much

i loved the old cape system with level requirements, was fun gettign the harv cape before lvl 30 and working all the time to get it up.

*doesn't just miss the old capes, misses the old el* =(

hasn't felt right for about 8 or 9 months now... =(

reason monsters ain't challanging anymore is simply the basic attributes thingy it's easy to get high phy/coord and kill whatever you like

Yeah that is what stinks now there is nothing worth a lot and all creatures aren't....that challenging so there is nothing worth that much

rofl!!1 u died on a gob and u said monsters arent challenging HAHA!!!

Masters and Doom Capes (very, very old screenshots, where are these times? WHERE?!)

http://pt.platinum.linux.pl/misc/el08.jpg

http://pt.platinum.linux.pl/misc/el3.jpg

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

That will never come back.

Regards.

The old Cape system was WAY BETTER than it is now. I liked the old EL system alot better. I know it will probably not come back but it was better where you had to work for your capes and it showed something not any old noob could wear a cape.

-Rebel

Edited by Rebel

Well, old system required only SMALL changes to be perfect. *sigh*

Regards.

Maybe what Entropy could do is make another server with the old EL system, and one with the new. This way there is two servers and the first week (or how ever long you want it) anyone who wants to be transported to the old sever can after that you have to pay (Maybe like $5-10 if you want to play the old server after the one first week like Pay to Play). This way it's the best of two worlds, players who like the old system can play the old system and players who like the new system can have the new. I dont know hoe you would do this though because the old server the economy was runined by peope with high manufacturing ( Main reason EFE's Came out) So you may have to make the Manufacturing level higher as there would be no Enriched Fire Essence. Also all of the money you have and equip and levels should be transfered but the money gets turned into the old money sytem. The only rea change is there should still be Pay to Play races on the old server and as i said higher manu because as there is no books or Enriched Fire Essences so Crannog or someone with high manufacturing cant instantly go on there and own. Also maybe Entropy should change all the items into gold so if you have lots of things it doesn't ruin the economy to much ( turns items into how much store buys them it would be abit less but i would still play.) I liked the old system alot better than this new one so i hope you do it beacause me and many old players will probably play the this system because it i feel it is better.... it might take alot of work though.

-Rebel

[EDIT: Corrected Spellings]

[EDIT: Added a lot of new ideas]

Edited by Rebel

Actually not, if I would get a server code, I would surely take my folks from work to code

it (we all played EL on old server and loved it). :-) Setup a host for that. But it is weird that Entropy

don't want to open source even old code of the server.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Well, that would be weird even for Entropy if he wouldn't have ANY of old EL server code.

Regards.