Eternal Lands Official Forums
Corun

OS X Port Questions

Made some progress (I think).

For anyone attempting this, remember to do a "grep OSX *" to find all the places where specific OSX flags need to be turned on. You need to get the latest glext.h from sgi. make a symbolic link to malloc.h so that it can be found in your path.

So, using a new iMac G5 (10.3.9), I installed the frameworks necessary (SDL, SDL-dev, SDL_net, OpenAL) and fink. Created a SDL OpenGL application in Xcode. Had to add a lot of directories to the "Header Search Paths" in the Project Inspector. Anyhow, I am getting stuck with parse errors in translate.c/h. I had to add "#define ELC" to the files since I am not sure how to pass #defines down from main in Xcode.

I currently have a bunch of "passing arg 2 of 'glDeleteTextures' from incompatible pointer type' warnings, three unused variables (loop, queued, processed) in sound.c, unsigned int format GLenum warnings in particles.c, and an implicit declaration of function 'startpaste' in gamewin.c.

My showstopping errors are "multiple definitions of symbol _your_info" (and _pm_log and _attributes). A google search did not give me any good clues as to fixing this, although many people seem to have similar "multiple definition" issues. Would extern help?

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery? :medieval:

[edit]

This thread is dead. EL works fine on Mac OS X now. Visit here for more information.

Edited by 0ctane