Eternal Lands Official Forums
jamesvm

Idea to encourge team work

I was think if made so increace rare item like efe make fe's if ingrendent mine by other people.

so have peson A

who harvest red snpdragon for person e

person B

harvest red rose for person e

person C

harvest sulfer for person e

person d

harvest sulfer for person e

person e

make fire essence with ing because all different ingrend havervest beside him he 3 time more like to get efe'd

Obvously this req when havest to mark who harvest it or who made it so know that self that harvest ingrends for it(for items don't have rare random item just make time make is short if ingrendent harvest from someone else)

In this game have not positive that support teamwork to happen which it is what we want happen in game.

This sounds incredibly difficult to implement.

How would you know who harvested what?

One 'work around' would be to increase the chance of, say, efe if you make the fire essences away from resources and away from storage.

I'm still not sure if it would be a good idea tho.

it requried to add variablec(personen made or harvest it) to item yes has consider another type item most likely.

All say you come suggest help promote team work then if don't like it because I feel where area el need work on is stuff own can do by teamwork

:huh: UO had something similar for their items, a tag that defined who was the 'owner' of the item, I suppose the owner in this case would be the person who harvested it.

:unsure: I believe they used it for determining who stole what items from whom, and who had created illegal items, (duplicated, etc).

Instead of tracking who acquired each item, why not just add certain high-level items that require multiple PCs to craft together? That's not exactly easy to implement either, but instead of modifying objects to remember who found them, you would only have to extend crafting a bit.

One example is that when you craft one of these extra-tough items that requires multiple people, clicking the mix button would require you to choose a player to assist you (much like spells that target other players). If the player has enough of the appropriate skill, he'd probably have to do give some kind of confirmation (which might be tricky to do in an intuitive way). If the assistant doesn't have enough skill or doesn't agree, the mix would fail.

<_< The idea of requiring multiple people to do single tasks has never really appealed to me. While the ultimate goal if an MMORPG is to encourage players to work together, the game mechanics should never force them to do so. (Meaning you can do better with friends, but you should still be able to do mostly everything on your own, only with more difficulty). Normally the way MMORPGs diversify the process of making higher level items is done by breaking the process into steps. For instance, in EL:

Harvester gathers red roses, red snapdragons, and sulfur.

Harvester randomly gets a serpent stone.

Alchemist makes these ingredients into fire essences.

Alchemist randomly creates an enriched fire essence.

Miner gathers iron ore and titanium or and coal.

Alchemist makes these and the FE's into steel and titanium bars.

Manufacturer takes the product of all this work and makes a tit serp sword.

:) Now, in most games I've played, you can be ANY of the positions, but you generally can't be all at the same time. This is not the case in EL, and to its detriment at the moment, (as far as encouraging partnering play). The process would be much improved if the tit serp required, for instance, a hilt crafted from iron bar and some wood, (to make wood actually useful), that would require the crafting skill. Now, you don't need an alch, a manu, and a crafter all to stand together and unite their skills like power rangers, but each class has to craft one of the components. The only problem with EL is that you can be all the classes yourself, and hopfully future updates to the nexus system will limit this.