Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guthix

Make summoned creatures unattackable in non-pk maps plz

I hate when i summon like 20 bunnies then some noob wanders up and kills them all just fer a little xp. They are MY bunnies, dammit! And why must they be submitted to such torture? Isnt it enough that they slowly die anyways, without them having to worry about other players attacking them? I think you should make summoned creatures unattackable in non-pk maps except by agressive creatures, and maybe the person who summoned them too :wink:

Yeah, it is good that they slowly die automatically. I just dont like it when people kill the creatures i summon. I mean, why should they be able to? the creatures will eventually die, and on the nonpk maps they arent a threat to anyone so why should they be attacked? Also, even though its not alot of xp, its still easier for the noobs to fight freshly summoned bunnies than to go out hunting for them like we used to have to do.

i argee with Guthix, i was walking around with my 10 deers looking to get them to fight others deers and before i know it there was only 5 left :)

That should be interesting to change the color of the name or the life of a summoned creature.

So you know quickly and easily if you are meaking a mistake or no.

Changing the color or something else so u can see it is a summoning is probably the best as it is nice to summon a few deers to raise ur experience.

u sometimes attack a summoned creature by mistake.  Maybe a magical halo around summoned creatures would work

But I like attacking summoned creatures! The rabbits go poof before I even swing on them and if the summoner is summoning at the same time it looks as if they teleported!

What's wrogn with someone killing your creatures? Is not like you don't get summoning EXP, and it's not liek you get EXP from their fights either.

Well, lets say i was mining in an area with hostile creatures, and i summoned a whole bunch of wolves to protect me while i mine. I wouldnt want people to come kill the bodyguards that i summoned. I also wouldnt like it because I worked hard to get the ingredients, levels etc. to be able to summon those creatures. I know its not a big deal when you're just training summoning for xp, as you dont have any use for the animals, but if you were to want to use the animals for something like the example above, you wouldnt want people to come kill them off.

You might just have to ask nicely "Please don't kill my wolves"

But if it's a PK area, won't the wolves attack other players? That would have the same effect.

Then tell them that if they are going to kill your wolves, they need to take over the job and make sure no goblins bother you.

And who can summon wolves in the first place?

Wolves will have a very high attack, so most of the players will not want to attack them in the first place.

they should be attackable and also die spontaneously, but should be set off from natural animals with color or halo. I sometimes can't figure out which deer are mine and which are natural when a big deer fight is going on. I don't know who to root for!