Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lyanna

How Rich Are You?

What type of player are you, and how rich are you?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What type of player are you, and how rich are you?

• Mainly fighter, less than 5k
    • Mainly fighter, 5k - 20k
    • Mainly fighter, 20k - 50k
    • Mainly fighter, 50k - 150k
    • Mainly fighter, above 150k
    • Mainly maker, less than 5k
    • Mainly maker, 5k - 20k
    • Mainly maker, 20k - 50k
    • Mainly maker, 50k - 150k
    • Mainly maker, above 150k

There aren't enough poll options to include "both", sorry. <_<

But anyway, in a lot of debates about the economy, people are always assuming that the other side is richer than they are. So I thought this poll might help to settle the question. Please vote on the following questions:

(1) Are you mainly a fighter-type player, or a maker-type player? (if you do both, pick the one that feels most right to you)

(2) How much money and items (try to give an estimate of how much they're worth, according to NPC or market prices) do you have currently?

This should be interesting to watch. :):P :lol:

-Lyn-

I'm mainly a fighter typle player, game would be nohing to me woithout the big pvp and monster system :D

I'm not really rich, I've been giving everything and 2 gold coins to mortos and selain.<_< But i have some money, about 15k. bigger fighters say you can easily get rich once you start fighting fluffies and cyclops....hopefully i won't get cancer before then or something :D

Both. It's how much money and money's worth of equipment you have. (Give an estimate of the monetary value of your items).

-Lyn-

you can easily get rich once you start fighting fluffies and cyclops...

not really, fluffy and cyc are ok for money, you can get enough to pay for potions and essences, but there is a lot more money in ogres. You kill them faster and get more gc, they drop pk books, capes and weapons that you can sell to trik. I have 200k cash atm and like 300k in stuff, and spent 400k on summoning recently. Some from efe i bought and some from monsters but mostly from pking, especially from the recent war with vikings, they drop nice stuff. Well not anymore since this new stone came... =/

I saved up a healthy sum of cash to boost my Manu. I'm feeling rather rich right now but I'm going to be very poor again by the end.

When I'm out of money I may go to fighting. I'm up to Fem orcs. I don't have good potential as a fighter through the heavy nexus I drag around with me but my equipment is worth less to me as it is to someone that has to pay for it.

In my opinion wealth is about how quickly you can make money through stats and nexuses rather than how much you have. If you spend it you don't have it. If you hoard it it's not doing any good.

I usually have 10-1500 gp in storage :0) Never really had more when I was actually into making things as I was always using or giving away all that I had made.

Whenever I had cash I'd lend them away and "forget" to get them back - was nice when people reminded me though, although I'd rarely accept getting the money back. I like being a poor elf :D

I said mainly fighter even though I harvest and alch too...most of my gc came from ogres and loads of items from monster drops.

I have atm 150k gold..

36 tit chains

10 full plate

20 mirror/bp/mm

20 serps

30 tit longs

Hmmm thats worth ? i dunno :-p

I have about 276k in storage atm the moment however I just bought about 50k worth of prizes for my next contests :-D

Mainly a maker. (crafter)

i have 0gc and i'm mainly a figher thou i never firght so i'm more of a "collector" and my "collecting" has made me go broke :-P

Chatter's most valuable pasessions

1 Iron Sword of Fire

1 S2E of Ice

1 Steel Axe

1 Platemail

1 Cacusuces

1 Iron Greves

1 of every other part of arrmor i can think of..

tons of misc weapons...

every cloak except the blue cloak.

and a bunch of other things...

Edited by chatterbug89

I wonder where that s2e or ice came from :)

A magical elf gave it to me?!

Actualy looking though the market forums may answere your question to where i got my s2e of ice and iron of fire ;-)

I overpaid for the iron of fire <_<

A question for all of the highly-rich fighters:

Are you guys actually planning to use all of the spare equipment you have in storage, or is it just that you can't get rid of them (ie. no one to sell it to)?

For the very rich makers:

What exactly do you make that gives you your money? And who do you sell it to - players, or NPCs?

You see, what I'm trying to do with this thread is to collect accurate (and unbiased) information on where exactly the problem is, so that any plans to work on the economy can refer to this poll. So far, it seems that while the fighters have an equal distribution of wealth (meaning that there are fighters at all levels of wealth), makers are initially very poor, then become very rich. This may be important for questions like whether Trik should buy all weapons or not (looking at the stats, it seems like fighters have no place to sell their stocked weapons, so Trik should open up - but if he does that, then the manuers become even richer than before, because they can make and sell directly to him... hence, a deadlock).

But right now, what I'm interested in is information, not opinions.

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

I made my money mostly by alchemy, I sell some to players I know and the rest is sold to the shops because I cant be doing with messing about on the market channel. What do I do with all my money and items? well mostly it all goes to fund the guild.

Iron bars i find is the best source of income.

A question for all of the highly-rich fighters:

Are you guys actually planning to use all of the spare equipment you have in storage, or is it just that you can't get rid of them (ie. no one to sell it to)?

i dont think i need to use 37 tit chains :/ but i dont want to sell them for such a low price on the market.. so i keep them