Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikeman624

Forge

Guest Mikeman624

It does not make sense to me that u can just melt ores into bars, everything is great but i think maybe it should not require fire ess or if u have no fire ess u can do it at a forge. Tell me what u think!

Neat idea.. maybe they could add bonuses to success if you manufacture using forge.. but still allow manufacturing bars, ect without.

I was thinking about it before and it isn't good idea. If you want make game more "real" you should also need other places to make certain stuff. Now try to imagine that 30 ppl need forge to make some stuff and there is only one place when they can make it... in other words I think we don't need factories in EL :(.

*gets out whip* Work you dogs! your in my factory now MUhahahahaha

>.> next you will want certs and then you will want to change the name to Eternal Runescape

Guest Mikeman624

well there could be forges near all general stores, like 2 maybe and maybe more than 1 person can use them.

I was thinking about it before and it isn't good idea. If you want make game more "real" you should also need other places to make certain stuff. Now try to imagine that 30 ppl need forge to make some stuff and there is only one place when they can make it... in other words I think we don't need factories in EL :P.

Who says there could be only one forge? In my opinion you wouldn't have to make bars on a forge, but it would be much faster. Making bars ONLY on a forge would penalize players with a low carry capacity who make bars in mines (such as my humble self).

maybe there could be a backroom to each blacksmith(like that unaccesable door at the top of the stairs at VOTD) and the blacksmith charges a fee to get in, and there would be enough forges for all.

Guest Mikeman624

Mireille, thats basically wat i said :) but its true! Maybe the anvils in some of the blacksmiths also could be used?

Mireille, thats basically wat i said :) but its true! Maybe the anvils in some of the blacksmiths also could be used?

No, you suggested making bars on forges much cheaper without essences. It would be a pain to starting alchers who make their living off selling FEs. I suggest making them faster, MAYBE using forges could be treated as a +1 alch bonus, not too much though. And anyway, blacksmiths right now are too small to house all those players who wish to make bars; however, a separate room designed for smelting in a blacksmith would be fine.

Guest Adanath

I was thinking about a new object for a blacksmith to produce metal bars, weapons and armor :

an anvil

an anvil should be very heavy (20-30 EMU) and add a bonus to Manufacturing and/or Alchemy

it might be manufactured with a lot of iron ore, coal and fire essence

(maybe 1 EFE)

people who don't have one will have to go to the forge

if you have an anvil, you may manufacture metallic items anywhere as long as you carry an anvil

this item would justify the existence of the forge and allow alchemist to use theyr manufacturing skill anywhere at the cost of weight

Adanath

I was thinking about a new object for a blacksmith to produce metal bars, weapons and armor :

an anvil

an anvil should be very heavy (20-30 EMU) and add a bonus to Manufacturing and/or Alchemy

it might be manufactured with a lot of iron ore, coal and fire essence

(maybe 1 EFE)

people who don't have one will have to go to the forge

if you have an anvil, you may manufacture metallic items anywhere as long as you carry an anvil

Good idea... I think, however, that an anvil should be a tool, like a pickaxe or a ring mold, that is available only in shops and not possible to be made by players.

:unsure: This CAN be a good idea, depends on how it's implemented. All mining areas and every major town should get a local forge shop, with maybe an npc or bot or two to buy and sell smelting supplies. Make many of the forges outdoors, for easy access, and you only need to be near them to smelt and forge items. Also some good decor work on the forge shoppes is in order, to give the game more of an rpg feel instead of dropping a forge somewhere and that's that.

:huh: This will make the game more realistic without making it too difficult, and it will lure players away from doing all their manufacturing at storage. (Making storage less laggy!)

:( UO had this sort of thing, you just had to be in range of a forge. Of course, you could also build your own forge and place it inside your own house for smelting at home.

;) This CAN be a good idea, depends on how it's implemented. All mining areas and every major town should get a local forge shop, with maybe an npc or bot or two to buy and sell smelting supplies.

A forge in a mine... sounds Runescapish to me. And it's not a realistic sight, too...

<_< Again I see the anti-RS stance most people in this game tend to have. Runescape is a successful game on its own, and not every aspect is garbage. If it were, it would not be a successful game at all. This would be like Linux designers opting for no GUI because Windows has one, and being like Windows is the ultimate evil. I really think it's a bad way of looking at things.

:) Now, for what I'm talking about, it's a feature that is like Ultima Online, a highly successful MMORPG with hundreds of thousands of players and several dozen clusters of no less than 8 servers around the world. Maybe I take that as a marking of success; maybe I'm wrong.

:D Anyhow, off my soapbox. I didn't mean the forge should be "in" the mine. Morelike "right outside" the mine.

A while ago Roja posted something about this (post is here: thread). I don't know if the idea was used or not. Who knows, they could be in the process of implimenting it right now. :)

Guest judland
because Windows has one, and being like Windows is the ultimate evil.

.... but MS-Windows is the ultimate evil, isn't it?

I couldn't resist :)

:P Anyhow, off my soapbox. I didn't mean the forge should be "in" the mine. Morelike "right outside" the mine.

Oh, all right. You've got me there, I'm also annoyed by the "RuN3zK4pe SUXxxXxxX" attitude. But a forge outside a mine... I don't know, EL crashes on my comp when I change maps too often. That would be my only reason against... Do other people have the same problem?