Missing books

The knowledge.lst file is missing the following books:

Gen Axe Construction

Iron Axe Construction

Steel Axe Construction

Tit Axe Construction

Fluffy Summoning

Chimeran Wolf Summoning

It may be missing more I didn't list here. I haven't read any of these books, but I've been told by someone in channel 1 that they don't show up in your research screen if you do.

Also, Titanium Smelting is list twice, so it leaves a blank spot in the research window.

The latter issue is know, for the other books, I don't know, because I haven't read any of these. But they ARE in the knowledge.lst file. If they don't occur in the knowledge window, then there may indeed be a bug with this. I'll take a look into it.

Where does your knowledge.lst file reside? Within the EL directory (i.e. c:\program files\eternal lands on windows or /wherever/you/installed/it on unix) or within the languages/en subdirectory of said directory? Or do you have this file in both locations?

If the latter is true, check the one in the languages/en subdir, because this is the one that is used after the last client update. Remove the one in the EL directory if you have the other. If you don't have the second file, redownload the game, it actually comes with both versions, and the first one can safely be deleted.

Where does your knowledge.lst file reside? Within the EL directory (i.e. c:\program files\eternal lands on windows or /wherever/you/installed/it on unix) or within the languages/en subdirectory of said directory? Or do you have this file in both locations?

If the latter is true, check the one in the languages/en subdir, because this is the one that is used after the last client update. Remove the one in the EL directory if you have the other. If you don't have the second file, redownload the game, it actually comes with both versions, and the first one can safely be deleted.

yes are 2 in el direct one main are then other in languages/en subdir

Edited by jamesvm

Yes James, there are actually two, and the one inside languages/en is the correct one. The other one is deprecated and no longer used.

Yes James, there are actually two, and the one inside languages/en is the correct one. The other one is deprecated and no longer used.

so just someone forgot to delete it when compile the instaler

Ok, thanks.  I found the second file and it has all the books.

Do they now also appear in the knowledge window, or are they still missing? Can you verify this?

Ok, thanks.  I found the second file and it has all the books.

Do they now also appear in the knowledge window, or are they still missing? Can you verify this?

I haven't read any of the 6 books missing from the file in the main EL directory, so I don't know. Maybe someone who has read at least one of them could check. According to the ordering of books in the new file, they should appear at the end of the list.