Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrunkenHobo

Ore Suggestion

This game needs ore certificates where we can trade in the ore to sell to other players, so it can be stackable and you wont have to xfer 10k worth of titanium ore for example, it takes forever. So consider ore certs? I think everyone will be pleased with this idea if it takes into effect

certificates have been suggested several times... not just for ores, but for all sorts of Items...

Have we heard anything from an admin about if they plan on having this feature someday?

It's fine the way it is. You shouldn't be able to gather up 10x the ore at 10x the speed. I just gathered 68k silver about 4 weeks ago and didn't really gripe about it. So don't do the same.

Players don't really trade ore. They do all the work in the mines and do group projects were people bring everything to the mines. We don't need certs.

Stackable certs meaning you can have as many certs as you want and it wont take up more than 1 space for example. If certs come into affect then the market system will go up for people will want to buy the certs instead of mine the ore themselves. I think its a good idea to consider

They just need to make harvesting levels higher and i'm sure certs would be a good idea, but till then they are completely useless because the only ore i've seen traded was like, maybe some coal and a bit of titanium..

i say reinstate the harvest lvl limit if your not lvl such and such you cant harvest said item

That might add a little value back to the ores, but it wouldn't add much if any over a period of time.

Yes but you never know, the ore certs. may be a big hit in the game if we would just try it. Along with raising the harvesting limitations on ore, that would make the ore more valuable and raise the market economy lots. I think its what the game is absolutely looking for! We should try it :)

:( I am all for this idea! It can have so many uses...

1. Players will trade more base resources, like coal, ores, sulfur, maybe flowers. The issue here isn't about harvesting faster. It's just to allow a player to handle a bulk resource all at once, for trading purposes. This adds to the player economy.

2. Trading will be more secure, and less obnoxious. This eliminates scamming by bagtrading, and having to trade 100 at a time to sell several k.

3. If a small fee were added to creating a resource certificate, it can be the start of adding acceptable gold sinks to the game. Even if it's like 10gc + 10gc per 1000 resource, it's a new implementation that can cost money, and people won't balk like they would to taxing an existing service, (like storage or boats).

:P Considerations would be that you can only create a certificate at storage, (so you don't make a pile at mines and cert to haul). They could only be deposited at storage, (so you don't take a few certs along for skill building in the mines).

Offhand, I'd say... don't create the certificates at storage, but at a bank instead. By that, I mean the following:

Example

=====

1) Player stores 10k Silver Ore in storage.

2) Player walks to one of the (currently empty) Bank buildings in PL or WS, and buys a certificate (500gc) from an NPC there for 10k Silver Ore.

3) The 10k Silver Ore in that player's storage disappears, and is replaced by a Certificate for 10k Silver Ore in inventory.

4) Player trades certificate with another player.

5) Second player goes to bank, and cashes in the Certificate, to get 10k Silver Ore deposited in storage.

6) Second player then goes to storage and withdraws however much Silver Ore he/she wants to use.

-Lyn-

P.S. However, stackable certs are not practical, nor do I agree with them.

Edited by Lyanna

I like the bank idea, in that case when you trade for the certificate with another player you can use the eye icon to see how much ore is in that 1 certificate there and it will show you the exact amount in that certificate. By doing that no one can get ripped off for not knowing the amount of ore in the cert they bought.

Conclusion:

Have banks where ore (thats in the storage) can be traded. You get 1 Certificate with the total amount of ore on it. That total amount of ore comes from the storage where when traded in to the bank for the Certificate the ore in the storage disappears. So mainly what im concerned about is that you get ONE certificate only, not multiple certificates like in runescape, thats just gay. Have one with the exact amount of ore that you had in the storage. So say I had 12k ore in the storage. I would then trade it in for a Certificate and when i get that certificate is says when clicked on with the eye "There is currently 12,000 silver ores." Something like that.

This is good principle that I've seen in many other games too... trading notes :) And for those who are against it, what do you think Real Life bank notes are? It's essential to a large society.

I'd love to see some kind of note for trading large quantities of things... (or maybe selectable from storage directly into trade windows?) Non-stackable potions are a nightmare at the moment!

I believe that this game does need to have certificates in fact i want to see everyones opinion posted on here who thinks Certificates should come into affect in the game? If the majority of the pople say yes i will notify a Moderator and talk with him :)

Guest Mikeman624

Maybe copper/bronze ore can be created, that should be the easist metal to mine.

This game needs ore certificates where we can trade in the ore to sell to other players, so it can be stackable and you wont have to xfer 10k worth of titanium ore for example, it takes forever. So consider ore certs? I think everyone will be pleased with this idea if it takes into effect

Seconded, thirded and fourthed.

Ok lets get everyone clear of what im thinking about the certificate deal. This is how it would go.

1. You have 20k coal in your bank

2. You walk to your bank, cert stand, any one of those that would have those.

3. You click on the guy and trade the amount of ore you want in that cert.

4. You receive ONE (1) certificate and one only with the TOTAL AMOUNT of ore you put in there

5. The amount of ore in the cert then disappears from your storage

Conclusion: Raises the market economy and makes transfering ore from one person to another much more efficient.

Maybe copper/bronze ore can be created, that should be the easist metal to mine.

Well, there's no such thing as Bronze ore. Bronze is made from mixing Copper and , um... something. I can't remember. Maybe Zinc or something. Aanyway, that's not important.

I'm for this idea. I don't trade much in Ore but I'm sure alot of people do regularly. I'm even sure doing this will incourage more player's to become professional Miners since players can keep Ore Flowing in the system much easier.