Eternal Lands Official Forums
XenFugasi

Books/Research window

I feel a little dizzy when i have to check 10 times before buying 1 book. IF the book is bought it tells me "you have to have xx and YY first". So why can`t the window tell us what we need in the proper order?

I know that the research window is in some kind of order (like smelthing block, molding block...) but the information whould be much easier to read if you start like

General Metalresearch

Metallurgy

- Metall Mining

--> Iron Mining

--> Silver Mining

--> Gold Mining

- Metall Smelthing

--> Iron Mining

--> Silver Mining

--> Gold Mining

- Metall Molding

(...)

Manufactory research

-General Swordconstruction (need bla)

--> IronSword

--> Broadsword

(...)

General Armorconstruction (need blabla)

-FeetArmor construction

--> Leather Boots

(...)

With that tabs 'n arrows nobody whould buy something much more ahead of schedule. It should be possible to place that Order and keep the 2 items in one line to save some space.

Once again sorry for my english, it't not my native language :)

Yes, would be very good if it is listed either in the research window or in the encyclopedia, but if you take a look in the encyclopedia you will see:

At this very moment its just listed from top to down without any information what you need to read first. Instead you can see it's price, but no information about what is connected together. So many people ask in the newbie channel what they have to read to make for example a steel longsword.

It would really help if there whould be an order of books in the serieal you need to read to to get to the final item. The list above is just to make clear what I mean, there are much listings possible which are much easier to read then a simple list of all books which are buyable.

Edited by XenFugasi

I still refer to Entropy's knowledge trees even though the new books haven't been added.

See crafting and manu and essence/potions/summoning/combat

Entropy's knowledge trees are very helpful, however, they don't help when you want to see what books you've read already. At some point it's difficult to make out what you already know, book titles are clamped one on another and are in tiny letters.

What I did was save those files in my paint program and colour them in when I'd read the book. After I started that I didn't make any more mistakes.

I opened up my knowledge.lst file which has all the books listed in the same order as the research window, and compared it to my research window book by book, copying all the books I haven't read to another list. Then when I start a book, I delete it from the list.

what if the research window shows every book you can read in gray and the books you have read in white/blue/bright color. That way you know exactly what books you have to read.

Example

----------

Titanium smelting

Titanium Molding

Titanium mining

Steel Molding

And so on and so forth.

Edited by behindthemask08

what if the research window shows every book you can read in gray and the books you have read in white/blue/bright color. That way you know exactly what books you have to read.

Example

----------

Titanium smelting

Titanium Molding

Titanium mining

Steel Molding

And so on and so forth.

I remeber that feature was in one of the clients I used before, forget who's it was..

Example

----------

Titanium smelting

Titanium Molding

Titanium mining

Steel Molding

And so on and so forth.

Good idea!

i concour with BTM's idea ^-^ but how about also having a command that is like #books and it will give you a list of books you can read ^-^

Example

----------

Titanium smelting

Titanium Molding

Titanium mining

Steel Molding

And so on and so forth.

I like that idea, implemented in CVS. Screenie:

http://grum.antiroot.homedns.org/knowledge01.jpg

We could use XML to make it more ordered (put them into catagories etc.). I think that'd be good, but it's not a priority :D