Eternal Lands Official Forums
KillerQween

Just for fun......

According to the US Census data given here: http://www.census.gov/genealogy/names/dist.male.first Jake is the 419th most common male name and 0.025% percent of the male US population has the name Jake.

If we assume that the name distribution of potential EL players is about the same as US population, and that there are 1000 players both online and offline, then we expect 0.25 Jakes on average. Also, there is only a 0.22% chance that there will be more than 2 Jakes. It seems EL has an unusually high number of Jakes. :)

Maybe we should try to find out the number of people with the name James, John, or Robert since each of those names makes up over 3% of the US population

I have the 55th most common name.. when used in the shorter form (with no h), I'm #2. :) I'll remind myself to thank my folks for their originality.

I found the female list more interesting... never guessed that 'Mary' would be the most popular. :)

Anyway, yay! I'm number #38.

-Lyn-

(^^ ooh, found this one too... number 1170 on the female list)

I'm quite confused. People are actually called Earl? It's a name? There are more Earls in the US than there are of my real name. I'm dumfounded.

I chose this name as I originally thought I'd stay in the lower end of player society forever and wanted a really pompous name to compensate. I hate trying to think of online names as they eventually always backfire. I was walking around on EL of 8 months with this name... I don't believe it.

wow september is a name? :(

and queen too..i'm sure there's more in there that i've never heard of as names, pretty interesting statistics.

Hello # 12 is my birth certificate name, but most people call me DC, and now this kid started calling me Dub and it's caught on. lol.

Gah, #27. I hate my name. That's why I like to be called Kami.

Of course, I love rare names, expecially for Girls. For Girls, the rarer the name, the more interesting Life she'll lead.

That's why I'm going to Name my Daughters "Epiphany," "Eureka," and "Enigma." :lol:

I love rare names too, Aislinn isn't even on the list :P

Of course my real name is way high up :D Another vote of "gee, thanks mom and dad, for the original name" <_<