Eternal Lands Official Forums
scarr

#Message from mod

maby filter the name of a MOD ? cuz its verry anoying when amod like jezebelle keep saying: DOnt pm me Pm blabla for the event.

i like the idea...makes me think of noobs typing /mod where is XXXX?

lol or when it says something like #Message from Crannog: Our first winner is XXXX. Congratz. There can be three winners left.

then some1 types /xxxx Where is he? lol or many ppl type that

I'm not sure whether I understand you.

If you just want to ignore some particular mod, you can use the usual #ignore as well and don't need an extra command for this. This should work in my opinion. If it doesn't work, I suppose there are serious reasons for it to not work at all.

If you want to filter #bc messages, that will imho never be implemented, cause #bc's are meant to be seen by anybody, no matter what else they ignore. They're also used for important system messages. So if it's possible to ignore them, people would not notice when the server's going to restart, wondering why they suddenly got disconnected. Not a good idea imho.

If you meant something completely different, are you then be able to provide a more concrete description of what you meant?

he meant people pm the mod who does the contest, and its annoying how everytime they say "dont pm me, i know nothing"

like this

#Message from Jezebelle: find XXXX somewhere on XXXXX

random noob: /jezebelle where is XXXX?

#Message from Jezebelle: dont pm me, i know nothing!

Well it may be annoying but that's in fact a #bc. So what I said above about the ignore of #bc applies. If you just filter the mods name out such a message, it would just read the same, but without the name explicitly written, so it would have no advantage at all. You would still get annoyed because of such #bc's.

No, what I think he wants is the following:

If Jezebelle #bc's a message, you won't get:

Message from Jezebelle: <whatever>

instead, you would get:

Message from Mod: <whatever>

So, no matter who the NH/mod is, they cannot be PM'ed for details, hence removing the need for a second #bc telling people not to PM them.

-Lyn-

Lyn that sounds actually more right to me than what henry said. And in fact this would be imho be a good solution. It would help the mods to get rid of mass-pms while they do contests and there would be no need to post such additional #bc's.

We have to ensure this would be optional, so a mod can choose whether it should say 'Message from Mod' or 'Message from <Mod-Name>', or else it would be imo completely impossible to do contests where a player has to pm some mod.

Lyn that sounds actually more right to me than what henry said.

she said the exact same thing as me :D

"first person to pm me XXXX" contests are funny, as i can imagine the mod's screen getting flooded

yes so a mod can do a command like #ae (anounch event) and there name wil be anoynimous or how the heck to spell that, but if u want a Pm me win item even u can just use the #bc old skool command ;-)

Also #ignore a certain moderator doesn't block NH's #bc's.. like jezebelles and others annoying noob information ones every 5 minutes that take up your whole screen and make you die.

Also #ignore a certain moderator doesn't block NH's #bc's.. like jezebelles and others annoying noob information ones every 5 minutes that take up your whole screen and make you die.

#Message from Jezespamme: kerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuitkerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuitkerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuitkerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuitkerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuitkerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuit

#Message from Jezespamme:kerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuitkerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuitkerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuitkerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuitkerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuitkerhtv yi8y54tunviutyuit!!! !!

Shivar Pwnd roflol!!11~

So, no matter who the NH/mod is, they cannot be PM'ed for details, hence removing the need for a second #bc telling people not to PM them.

you obviously do not fear the power of the unruly annoying person finally learning to use #help_me ONLY to ask about it :P

Lyn that sounds actually more right to me than what henry said.
she said the exact same thing as me :P
but she expressed herself better than you ;)

yes so a mod can do a command like #ae (anounch event) and there name wil be anoynimous or how the heck to spell that, but if u want a Pm me win item even u can just use the #bc old skool command ;-)

I think that makes a lot of sense, you have no idea the amount of PM's you can get.

But perhaps its just a means of changing the way the Mod/NH annonces. Using channels within the announcement, which is what I do:

#Message from Placid: Contest info, Join channel 555 for more info (#jc 555)

That way, you limit the amount of PM's and thus no need for another #bc saying "No pm's!"

Perhaps players forget what the #BC are all about.

I will speak for myself only when I say i love playing this game like most of you do, but, I have chosen to be a moderator and that means I have a responsibility toward the community. That means anouncing contests and yes, anouncing warnings for scammers AND additional info for new players. Ecveryone starts out as a new player and Im sure you would like to know basic things. I am aware of the HINTS new players get to see on screen, but those can be confusing and we ike to keep our new players motivated. So, im sorry if the new players info anoys the Great and Mighty ones amongst us but I wouldnt do it if there was no need for it.

This comminuty is based (or should be) on helping and supporting eachother so thats why I do this.

Everyone knows its not done "every 5 minutes" like someone pointed out, I watch the amount of new players come online and based on that I announce.

Now, as for the PMs after contests..I only ANNOUNCE a contest, I am not involved in it and am therefore not responsible for the outcome. I get tons of pms after every announcement I make and its impossible to answer them all, therefore I put in every contest anouncement a "dont pm me"message. Furthermore, I cant reveil the answer to a contest, now can I? that would be considdered cheating :)

Well, I hope I made things a bit clearer now.

Oh and another thing, we dont get paid to be a mod, or announcing contest, we do it for the benefit of the game, even if that means we get less play-time ourself, so..I would ask each and everyone of you tobe a bit more considderate before acuse us of blue-spamming.

JezeBelle

Now, as for the PMs after contests..I only ANNOUNCE a contest, I am not involved in it and am therefore not responsible for the outcome. I get tons of pms after every announcement I make and its impossible to answer them all, therefore I put in every contest anouncement a "dont pm me"message. Furthermore, I cant reveil the answer to a contest, now can I? that would be considdered cheating ;)

As i understand it, the general idea is to help you not getting tons of PMs when you announce a contest - which would be a good thing.

The proposed #ac command would be more helpful for the moderators, than for the players.

So instead of:

#Message from Placid: Contest info, Join channel 555 for more info (#jc 555)

you could send:

#Contest Announcement: Join channel 555 for more info (#jc 555)

That would be helpful for all parties, and if you don't want to participate in contests, maybe you could #ignore #Contest

If the #hints are confusing, they should be updated to a less confusing version. I.e. instead of broadcasting the same thing over and over again, let's put your text in the hints. And that's for any newbie info that's broadcast regularly.

I think the hints are server side, so they don't need to wait for the next client update, only a server restart, which happens a lot more often.

when I say the #hints are confusing I mean they go by to fast and new players tend to forget to read them..the blue mess(ages) ARE noticed tho ;)

N00bs during contests can be very annoying still spamming mod where is XXXX where is XXXX <_<

when I say the #hints are confusing I mean they go by to fast and new players tend to forget to read them..the blue mess(ages) ARE noticed tho ;)

They scroll by no faster than all the other text. And there's really nothing we can do about people who ignore helpfull information. Moving it from #hint to #bc only causes people to start ignoring #bc instead.

this subject will be discussed further on mod forum :

Jez)

Well, since only mods have access to it, everyone else will still have to post their ideas and reasoning here ;)

The advantage of #hint is that it goes away once you reach a certain level, #bc doesn't. I believe most people are glad that they don't have to look at the same message over and over again once they reach level 8, and this is defeated by #bc'ing it. Basically, you send it out not only to the ones who need to know it, but also to the ones who already know, and who are tired of seeing those messages over and over again.

after level 8 ppl are still not the know-it-all in game..you would be suprised how many pp, after that level still cant pm ;)

Anyway, we will discuss this further and sure, you are all intitled to talk about it here :)

We will offcourse keep you posted on whatever we decide :)Input is always welcome :)

Jez