Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Grum

Keyboard handling

Another call for input.

At the moment, the client does not look much at what mode it's in when it handles keyboard presses. That means that you can for instance rotate the camera and open windows using the keyboard while you're in console mode. Do we want to keep all of this this behaviour, keep part of it, or de we just want the console to keep it's hands off the game window?

(Side note: none of the options is more complex than another. Keyboard commands that should be shared go into a common keyboard handler, keyboard commands that only apply to one interface mode go only into the keyboard handler for that interface.)

as dumb as this sounds i love rotating the camera when i'm in console mode to see where it will end up xD

as dumb as this sounds i love rotating the camera when i'm in console mode to see where it will end up xD

no not I do that lot time when walk different place

Keyboard input is going to be handled by the windows themselves. In fact in the CVS code, if you compile with -DWINDOW_CHAT, the keyboard input is already handled by one of the three root windows (game, console or map, depending on which one is open).