Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dragburn

guess you could call it...

which is my best course of action?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. which is my best course of action?

• To end it all
    • To accept my torment and live with it

as the topic suggests i am very depressed. i have come to a point where i dont know what to do and am struggling with a friend's decision. this friend knows that their choice would have an affect similiar to this if not one and the same. i dont know what to do to change their mind and have expended every option except 3. i ask you vote on two of those options. if i survive this the posting of the third would get my account banned so i have refrained. at this point any input on the situation is welcomed.

one piece of advice: if that "end it all" means suicide, death in RL means more than worrying about bagjumpers getting your stuff...you get one change, overall level 7 passed you by a long time ago, so its ultimately only your choice but you'll only get responses telling you to not "end it all" because no one's retarded enough to tell you to go kill yourself

remember the saying "you never know what you had until you lose it" i'm sure you have good things, just right now they escape you

and as a final note, i'll point to my siggy, "its darkest just before dawn" and to be extra corny i'll add this, if the darkness takes you, you'll never see the light again, but if you manage to ride out the storm unscathed, a beautiful sunrise awaits you :rolleyes:

Edited by Herny

avvy.jpg

siggie.jpg

grim i concider you a friend not that we get to sit and chat but i like you

if you ever feel the need to talk pm me or grab ahold of my "im's" below

I know what its like with a depression just reread the statements above which are currently my avvy and siggie for all my friends to see so they know that there is someone out there no matter how insegnifiicat that cares

the friend has broken my trust...and trust is something that is very difficult to earn from me...perhaps because i am paranoid or just cautious...the penalty for breaking my trust is bad but if he can do something to redeem himself then he has a chance of salvageing anything his life could ammount to...

the friend has broken my trust...and trust is something that is very difficult to earn from me...perhaps because i am paranoid or just cautious...the penalty for breaking my trust is bad but if he can do something to redeem himself then he has a chance of salvageing anything his life could ammount to...

dragburn, being betrayed is not fun. It can be outright disgusting, or worse, as you seem to have experienced. However, don't let this get the better of you. You're stronger than that. The penalty for breaking trust is never gaining it again, nothing else. I can understand you feel hurt (even though the details are in the dark), but please think about what you're going to do next, and ask yourself it this is worth it. Then wait a week, and ask yourself again.

I know the situation you are in and its got to be painful for you. But making your friend 'earn' the trust back is imposable there will always be that seed of doubt... no matter how hard they try...

Life is cruel some times but you have to learn live with the downs as much as the ups cus theres going to be alot of them.

ask yourself what you realy mean by "To end it all" to end the friendship? .. no i dont think thats good but it might be best in the end i always thing everone deserves an other chance but i am to giving some times

or "To end it all" suicide? personly that doesnt fix matters it makes them worse and pushed them off onto your loved ones

I was horribly depressed for the past 2 months or so lol..finally got over it though figured out, lifes not worth living if your gonna hate it. You have the power to change it all around, I also noticed changing music and listening to yours friends works quite alot so..forget him make new friends or just strengthen your relationship with the ones you have now

grum the kind of thing he did violated something so sacred that not even my most outspoken enemies would dare think more than 3 seconds about...and yet he did it...whether out of stupidity or not knowing the consequences would really be enforced it is not permissable at all...furthermore what he did put my life in danger on many different levels and it is unforgivable...the punishment should be death but sheerly out of friendship i have given him a reprieve. if he further pushes my breaking point then he will find out what it is like to have my full wrath and fury at his very doorstep.

Well it's hard to judge without knowing fully what happened, however even if we did know everyone has their own sense of right/wrong/crossing the line, etc...so for something that can be right for me might be wrong for you and vise versa. The best you can do is evaluate ALL sides of your situation extremely carefully and thoroughly, and in the end do what is best not only for youself, but for others....because life is bigger than just yourself, and understanding others is a very important part of life, imo.

Don't do anything you might regret in the future, if you are angry, it is best just to get away from the person and be alone for a while to cool off...usually our thoughts get messed up and we don't act ourselves when we are angry.

Anyway...if they did do something to hurt you, the best thing, imo, is to not do anything that will hurt them, but instead to go on without them, and hopefully, one day, they will realize how wrong they were and apologize...if they have it in their heart to feel guilt. Some people don't :rolleyes:

But those who do..the guilt can kill, and that's the best punishment.

Unforgivable is unforgivable. Leave him behind, he's no longer part of your life. Tell him why, and you're done.

And I'm not a big fan of death penalties. They tend to be rather irreversible.

didnt socrates believe a cursed existance is worse than death? i feel either way i have a cursed existance...one in hell or one in heaven...my idea of heaven though would be being able to change this cursed reality (my life) into something more fitting...however it has allready become apparent that me getting into heaven is just a false hope as i wouldnt be doing this right now if i had or will... i would ensure for a whole different reality and chose to not remember anything from this one but it hasnt happened and here i am stranded on the isle of confusion of morality and sensibility with only a shattered core to guide me...

Just remember, whatever you do has an effect on other people, whether it be directly or indirectly. Before you do something, think to yourself, "What effect is this going to have on people?" Even if you don't know those people, it is pointless to make then suffer for just one person's actions. You're not just affecting one person when you do something. Think about what the concequences of your actions are...even if somebody else didn't.

Edited by goatsgomoo

If someone takes money from my wallet...

Forgiveness is allowing them around me, not leaving my valuables within their view.

If this person was ever really a friend (the kind that one only has 3-4 of in a lifetime), then I would say forgive... but allow the trust to grow back at the same rate it grew initially or slower.

If you think life is bad now, how would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. You get eaten once. It takes four minutes to get hard, and only two minutes to get soft. You share your box with 11 other guys, but worst of all, the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mom! So cheer up, your life isn't that bad!

seriously, if ur thinking suicide, don't.

leave that 'friend' behind.

Edited by _JenS_

yes suicide is always bad i call it 'the coward way to get away from problems' + you would leave family and your other friends behind with alot of sadness and pain and i guess you would want that ey?

anyways talking is always a good thing if you talk about problems to people you can solve them together just don't try to do it all by yourself like i usually do only got me in trouble so far...

so if you wanna talk i always have loved to listen to people and to try and help them out with their problems :ph34r:

Sometimes life hurts alot i think we all have been there but if u keep going u'll get by!

And suicide isn't an option, think about the butterfly effect!