Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lyanna

First Forum Posts

Hehe... well, Lord Vermor's signature inspired me to do some checking through the forums to see people's first posts... and the results have been very amusing! :D

You know, it seems to me that the first post gives a lot of information already about how the player's future postings will be like. Okay, some were fun to read, because it's interesting to see how the experts of today were newbies last time. But others were shockingly accurate examples of what would come later.

For example (and please, I don't mean to cause any offence by quoting you... if you don't like it, you can PM me to remove it.):

Mihaim joined on 1 Feb 2004. His first (recorded) post was on Feb 24, answering a question on the Help Me Forum:

Server status is not updated while server is down. It will maintain the last state before the server crash. So all you will see until the server comes up again is the users that were online at the moment of the crash. I'm assuming it was a crash. As i sayed before ... we will know more when the server will be back

And now, he's in charge of server-side programming. :)

Daxon joined on 15 August 2004. First post was on 27 August, in Flames:

.... Not to take a side here or nothing (although I should), why is Platyna allowed to curse and not us? -.-

[Platyna]: I was working so hard to be able to make moon medallions. They are good and worth its price.

[Platyna]: So stop bitching.

Sure, there is more log to this, but I spent like 5 minutes looking in a 4MB chat log (I need to clean it out) and I really don't know where to start cropping lol.

Bottom line is: Platyna can curse. We curse, we get mute. Any answers? That wasn't really aimed at anybody but nonetheless, it's vulgar and not even used in the right context. -.-

Thanks.

Uh... no explanation required there, I guess. :)

Satan's first post was interesting too. :) Joined 5 August 2004, posted on 5 August 2004, in Flames:

stop smeg me or i brake ya smeging neck and put needle in ya smegigng eyes stop smeg with me is that smeging ok?

stupid word filter o.O

-your owner

Satan

Hehe. :)

Ravenod joined on 31 March 2004, first post was on 5 April 2004, in Suggestions:

Hi all. This is my first time posting, although hopefully some of you have seen me around, and know I'm not a *total* noob. lol

I read the sticky about old and new ideas, and thought I would add some of my own. I apologize if any of these ideas have been mentioned before, but I'm rather new to the forums.

And I also realize the new version is coming out pretty soon, so even if the programmers liked these ideas and wanted to implement them, it probably wouldn't be accomplished in time for the new release...but maybe in a future patch. Maybe just me rambling...

Idea 1. In the new version I'm assuming there still will be a top out level of 120 on the skills. I've been thinking (to help promote increased leveling of skills) to have a "master ability" for people who achieve level 120. For instance, someone in another thread mentioned a spell called meteor rain; sounds intensely god-like....but maybe such could be achieved through the reading of certain rare books and achieving level 120. Same for pots, manu, alch...etc. Attack 120 can have a bezerker that drains all food level....etc...

Idea 2. A universal market menu (menu icon). I know the new economy setups for the new version to help control prices...but I've also been thinking of having a menu that you can bring up that lists all available items that can be purchased (applicable only player to player transactions). In this menu, you can select up to 3 items per game hour. And you would be able to select what you would like the price of that certain item to be. The database would then average all prices from all players and display an "average asking price" for each item, in it's own window. I know this would require a bit of programming, and it is easier to just keep it a free economy....And it still would be a free economy, but with a reference base for prices created by the people, for the people. lol  Anyways, just an idea.

I think.....yes....Yes I am done. 

You know, it's interesting to note that a lot of people who are now part of the development team started off with detailed posts like this. For more examples, check out Kami's and my first posts. (Too long to include here) :)

And it was funny to see how some of the NH's/experts of today started off by asking the most simple questions in Help Me... (won't mention their names here, in case they are embarrassed) :D:P

So... anyone else find interesting first posts? :lol:

-Lyn-

rofl lyanna those were hilarious/oddly foreboding :lol:

my first post was a complaint about the new update and how it wouldnt work for me :)

the old version always worked for me, but now that i downloaded the new one whenever i try to open it i always get an error message saying "the application has failed to start because wrap_oal.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." huh.gif and now i cant play at all (my very first post)

btw, lyanna's first post was about an idea about the guild olympics (didnt want to post it for her) :lol:

stop smeg me or i brake ya smeging neck and put needle in ya smegigng eyes stop smeg with me is that smeging ok?

stupid word filter o.O

-your owner

Satan

=)

It is not accurate because significiant part of posts got deleted when the forum was hacked because

forum software wasn't upgraded since ages, unfortunately lesson is not taken so you may prepare for

more script kiddies since that forum is ancient as well and the only persons doing backups were Cicero

and me. :-)

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

omg! this is so hilarious

platyna's first post:

Hello.

Usually moderators there are very well chosen responsible people.

But that what Yoshi is doing and how he is talking to other people

is so rude and really his method of communication ruin game atmosphere.

Entropy said that in borders of wisdom offtopic is allowed on channel

3. But you can't write even 2 lines for not being threaten of kick or being kicked.

When I told him that if he will threat people and kick/ban them for

nothing I will post it on abuse forum. He told go ahead so I am posting.

Entropy: There are lots of people who are trying to keep order very

good, helping so much and you chosen them very well but Yoshi's power

seems so be big mistake. I liked that game so much and was playing it hours

everyday. Now because people like Yoshi I like it less and less.

Well people likes Yoshi so bad:

[Ronsar]: Entropy should do something about yoshi....

[rotwshooter]: y everyone hate yoshi?

[Tichmarsh]: the market/arguing again yoshi/arguiing against next channel

Anyway who would like someone who is insulting and threating people all the time...

Sure, I have more logs.

Don't let people like Yoshi ruin that game, please.

Regards.

gotta admit, that's pretty darn ironic :lol: ;);)B)

edit: didnt copy some of plat's post

Edited by Herny

It is not accurate because significiant part of posts got deleted when the forum was hacked because

forum software wasn't upgraded since ages, unfortunately lesson is not taken so you may prepare for

more script kiddies since that forum is ancient as well and the only persons doing backups were Cicero

and me. :-)

Regards.

Stop trying to glorify yourself to gain followers -- more and more people continue to grow pissed at you.

but daxon has been pissed at you ever since his first post :lol: ;)

more and more people continue to grow pissed at you; and people continue to grow more and more pissed at you :lol: B)

i'd still have to point at plat's first post and agree with what i've heard daxon say, plat is super hypocritical ;)

Lol well you can see my first post...

Ironic that I LOVE crafting? This was before it came out i think

back in the days of platinum coins.. i'm not sure if this is my first post tho.

i just wanted to tell everyone how i felt about how many different new/noob w/e you want to call them clans popping up everyday.. maybe we should have a vote.. because i know a lot of other people think the same the price to make a guild or 'clan' is way too low, i mean come on? 5 mill -.- and the skill required to make a clan is also way to low 39..? <- those to factors make it way to easy for someone to make a clan.. and a lot of worthless clans are popping up.. no offense to anyone, i just wanted to state an opinion peace out all

I remember that:

plz just delete this topic

........lol

hey...i look quite sexy :)

i wear suspenders....  :lol:

....no just boxers

*confused*

lol

*maybe you should learn to spell

lol, ditto.

lmao

lol.....

LOL!

There are full posts from only one page of results. I wonder if you will me rehabiliated by Roja like Jezebelle spammah. :-)

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

You dont make any sense.

I wonder if you will me rehabiliated by Roja like Jezebelle spammah. :-)

WTF does that mean? Its not English, thats for sure...

:)

Your just boring now Plat.

Make sure Baostas get himself the most impressive forge in that case. I do all the best manufacturing under his watchful eye. Make him a bone temple, enough people have brought him enough bones by now.

I think that weapons leaving the game is not really a big issue right now. I want to know how money leaves the game. Wine, leather, gem sanders, Tankel, Viktor's cloaks... Apart from those I think money is not leaving the game as most trade happens at market.

The suggestion to alter the manu system to include anvil and forge objects had come up and I'm sure that everyone in the whole game had godless at this point so no one was sticking up for Baostas the priest.

I remember, when I started, godless was by far the most popular perk. At least that's the way it seemed on channel 1 at the time.

hmm i also thought of having spells level up as you advance in skills.

the change could be more simplified if it was at a steady rate

(every 5 lvs=x3 effect)

as for staffs... they could do the thing...oh fc it i'll say it they could be infinite as rs(AHH MY EARS BURN!!! :evil: ) which would be GREAT.

this however may not be practical.. the top 3 lving spells only use 1 type of essence each (heal,shield,restoration) so it might be better if it halved the req. energy cost for the spell ( :shock: )this would make it much easier for us mages.

as for something on my mind...

how about mage armour? seems practical. it could even have a function

like escape or a teleport spell.

if we used this i would suggest this skills req.

Regular mage armour.-lv 10

(no effect)

~

Mages armour of escape.-lv 15

(allows one escape cast per minute)

~

Mages armour of remote teleport-lv 15

(casts teleport to range every 15 seconds)

~

Mages armour of Stone.-lv20

(teleport to white stone city once every 3 minutes)

~

(all major towns, places are available with thier own matching armours)

this means that i dont feel like naming dp..port.. yada yada.

~

Mages Armour of Life.-lv 21

(casts restoration every 3 seconds.requires 2 health essences)

~

Mages Armour of Space and Time.-lv 24

(casts teleport to portals room once every 5 minutes)

:also: could also cast tele to range unlimited times? sounds good to me tongue.gif

~

Grand Wizards Armour of Immunity.-lv 30

grants PERMANENT immunnity from spells when worn

~

biggrin.gif hope you like my ideas.

heh, I suppose the majority of your posts tells more than your first,

230 posts in suggestions forum.. I think it was largley a waste of time now, I was just more hopeful back then ;)

Sayonara.

*Yawn* Since most folks define spammer by their quantity of posts, not the quality (like Platyna does):

Hypocrite

15 -- 3/3/05 : 11:24 pm GMT -6. Awful lot of posts for one day's work, not to mention all of your Platyna ones. :( (Which would be about 35 or so in all, right?)

*EDIT* 35, not 33. :unsure:

Edited by Daxon

ok my favorit is

chocolate ice cream with cookie dough w/ :(  carmal swirl w/ :unsure:  fudge swirl w/ :P  penut buter chips w/ :P  hot fudge on top w/ :P  fluffy marshmelo cream and some sliced stawberrys and bannans all on top of a hot brownie of course  and of course a 'live wire' mountian dew to wash it down yummmie!! :D

thats the earlyest one i can find from me i know i made more before that but i think htey where dumped when the forums where hacked :(

my first

ban me for 2 days in the game plz, i would like to pass my tests

name: ___JenS___

:dies of laughter.

That's great... addicted. ^.^