Sign in to follow this  
Placid

Multi-lingual

English

French

Spanish

Catalan

German (pretty basic conversation)

Russian (I learnt some at school a lo-o-o-ng time ago)

Scottish Gaelic (quite a lot of words which I can't make into sentences :( - my kids are taught it at school so I've picked some up from helping with homework)

besides. im pretty amazed how much ppl actually learn or are able to speak german

(for every non-german that is). why is that so? never thought german would be a

languaged that actually gets teached outside Germany o_0

For Belgium, this is because in the far East, there is a small part where people speak German as native language. And thus, we all have to learn it.

-Blee

native english

good german (learnt it at school and was very good at it... and I'm getting along quite nicely now that im here for a year (3 weeks down, 47 to go(ok i lied its not quite a year)))

A level spanish... so im pretty good at discussing family life, the environment, drugs and modern society. the grammar is easy so the best way forward is living in spain for a bit to pick up the everyday words that teachers seem never to tell you at school :S

gcse french... most of which ive deliberately forgotten. too many painful memories of stuck up teachers for me to be able to face continuing with french :happy:

been doing russian for a year, cos im gonna do it at uni (with german). the course starts from scratch, but ive learnt loads of grammar in advance anyway so my head doesnt explode when i get there

did a taster course in czech.. it was good fun.

with czech + russian theres a 50:50 chance i could read a very basic sentence in polish

with german + english i can read (some) things in dutch

using spanish ive managed to keep contact with this portuguese girl on msn.. she cant speak spanish herself but we get by quite well... so ive picked up a few bits of portuguese too.

I speak Danish, Swedish amd English perfectly. Danish is my motherlanguage.

I also know the basics of German.

Usually listening to alot of german music so it gets better and better ;D

Polish - native

German and English (my english used to be better but now it's a total disaster, when I speak I have problems, I mix with German..)

I can understand some things in Dutch, much in Czech, I can speak a little bit Czech but terribly :P

French

English

i understand some filippino dialects :) (visaya & tagalog) but i'm much much better at tagalog, but its weird i can't speak it :P

Studdied Russian in school, must have been a pshychologic bloc coz i'm really crap at it, i already dreamed in Russian though :o:hug::)

Edited by Michic0_oL

I can speak german, english, australian-english(^^), us-english(^^), denglisch(mix english and german and you have denglisch)

I can understand most german dialect and can speak some words on "platt", I understand some dutch (its like a dialect of "platt" :P), and I can translate some written french. I can also translate latin (weeell, theoretical :D)

i can speak/write dutch, french and english pretty well, (im not good in writing german, so only speaking)

besides that i know some 'basic phrases' and some words in other languages, but its pretty limited :)

Edited by Melisande