Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest calvertmbe

Hello All

Guest calvertmbe

Hi to everyone, just started to play last night. Ive been playing RS for a while now and was looking for a new challenge. Heres just a couple of things ive noticed in the few hours ive been playing?

PROS

The first thing ive noticed is a lot less beggars walking the streets. :P

Second, how much fun it is to know almost nothing about a game and find new stuff out for yourself :angry:

CONS

I finished a quest earlier, researched blue quartz mining and raised a few skills. Then server goes down and i have to do it all again! does that happen often or what? :D

Basically i want to ask is :-

Is EL better than RS and why??

Cheers

In my opinion yes, for many reasons, 1 being the glourious landscape and graphics, like the reflections, i really like the summoning and natural animal movements, also, there is only so much you can do with java right now, where as eternal lands will just keep getting bigger and better with graphics.

no, crashes do not happen often

EL is simply better than RS in my opinion, dont need to make proof, its only my opinion

i didn't play RS, but i like EL very much because there are nice people playing it :D it also has nice graphics and offers various skills to develop.

about the crash - game is still under development, we had an update today and probably it wasn't tested good enough so it made server crash. luckily it happens very rare. to avoid consequences of such crashes log off and on from time to time - it will "save" the game.

Edited by Azazel

Welcome to the Eternal lands calvertmbe.

Accidents happen, lets just hope that this wont discourage you from continuing playing :D

Guest calvertmbe

No wasnt hard to fix. Think i should go to bed now though. Thanks

CONS

I finished a quest earlier, researched blue quartz mining and raised a few skills. Then server goes down and i have to do it all again! does that happen often or what? :D

AFAIK, this was the first crash since the beginning of the year.

But it might crash again soon, because we are running some tests (right now we have a version that most likely will crash, so we can see where/why it crashes and fix it). that's why it is a good idea to log out every 30 minutes or so, in order to have your character saved.

I have played RS a few times before, and in my opinion EL is my fav. online game. The graphics are great, it is so much fun for ppl who like a challenge, like urself, and what i really enjoy about it is how it is so much like a community. If u do keep on playing, which i hope u do, u also will soon see how much EL is like a community.

hope to see u in game

-kat

personally I love the contests they hold. Most of the time they are exciting and help you increase you knowledge about EL overall.

......though Ive never won a contest <_<

Edited by Specter

I prefer EL because of the much better community, (Official forums, people talking to each other, guild support in the game) graphics, gameplay, much more advanced communications, (Channels, guild messages, mod chat, broadcast messages, PMs) and help system (Answeres to your question mostly on the same day that you ask them instead of an email five months later asking you to read the FAQ) than RS. If you haven't noticed, you can get a question answered if you just ask it on channel 1. And yes, there are very few crashes. But really, you should decide for yourself which game you like. Especially since you're asking on the forums of one of the games you're talking about. But you'll probably arrive at the same conclusion as the players of EL.

And we have a spork-bat. I use my titanium one to bash people that talk about runescape. (Not a real weapon, by the way.)

I like EL beacuse it has a history. It's also not all PC-ish. The graphics are good, if draining... my computer absolutly sucks... and the server is generally stable. It's taken down fairly often for updates, unless they're debugging the next client update. Right now, they are trying to find out why the server crashes to the make it not happen any more.