Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bofred

new update

i dont like the idea of ogre not attacking me.

this update is obviously made for one person (kajjak) and all other player now have to click on each ogre, which is not so good, coz its alot of more useless clicking. after killing 10-20k ogre thats no fun at all anymore, so plz dont make it even more unattractive....

alos im providing a solution that could be easy to create and effective too.

how about that ogre do autoattack ppl that are moving, so afk-fighter ONLY got a new problem !!!!!!

:):D:D:D

yeah and then the afk fighters get an autoclicker or some other macro program that clicks aroudn the map for them so they won't be labeled as "afk"

lemme think here, about what roja said

yeah and then the afk fighters get an autoclicker or some other macro program that clicks aroudn the map for them so they won't be labeled as "afk"

then what use is the non attacking ogre ??? if someone wants it he can make a programm that auto clicks on ogres :S in stead of an autoclicker

lemme think here, about what roja said

then what use is the non attacking ogre ??? if someone wants it he can make a programm that auto clicks on ogres :S in stead of an autoclicker

Haha...owned

I think we should make a new game for a group of players: AFK-Lands :P

all the skills are based on being afk

I bet 007 would love that. :)

No one could beat him at that.

1) as Bofred mentioned there's only one person afking ogres

2) as Lobonar said macroers would come up with something which would able them to aafk fight, while honest players will suffer. (but i don't think anyone is/was macroing on ogres. Kajjak doesn't use any automation)

3) this is Role Playing Game. Ogres are supposed to be fierce monsters, very agressive and too dumb to run away from stronger fighters. Besides, in EL Encyclopedia it's written that they attack all humanoids on sight.

4) It's so annoying when you have to run after creature for miles trying to click on them. especially with laggy connection. you think you got it, but it turns back, passes you and runs in other direction.

Please reconsider this

So you guys want afk fighters? afk harvesters? afk manufacturers? You know I was only joking about AFK-Lands....however it seems like some of you really want it :D

So you guys want afk fighters? afk harvesters? afk manufacturers? You know I was only joking about AFK-Lands....however it seems like some of you really want it :D

I think afk_land would be cool idea.

1) as Bofred mentioned there's only one person afking ogres

2) as Lobonar said macroers would come up with something which would able them to aafk fight, while honest players will suffer. (but i don't think anyone is/was macroing on ogres. Kajjak doesn't use any automation)

3) this is Role Playing Game. Ogres are supposed to be fierce monsters, very agressive and too dumb to run away from stronger fighters. Besides, in EL Encyclopedia it's written that they attack all humanoids on sight.

4) It's so annoying when you have to run after creature for miles trying to click on them. especially with laggy connection. you think you got it, but it turns back, passes you and runs in other direction.

Please reconsider this

1. even if that was right, afk fighting applies to more than ogres

2. duh? and there are people who do macro afk fight

3. role playing game does not overule whatever a game developer wants, rules are more important than your enjoyment of the game

4. no, actually, it takes 3 seconds top to track a monster and attack it, they stop moving for a reason, and my suggestion is get a better computer instead of trying to get the game to run easier for the one you have

please reconsider yourself

Well of course monsters are going to stop attacking you after a certain level, don't get pissed off, just except the fact that your uberness scares the ogres... I mean, they're dumb, it's a known fact that ogres are dumb, just like their cousins the orcs and the goblins of course, but still there are limits to stupidity (I think).

So don't go Boo Hoo, the Ogres arn't attacking me anymore...

think more like this

"Hell yea!" The Ogers arn't attacking me anymore, my uberness as a skilled fighter pwnds them into oblivion, they die of fright just from looking at me :D

NeoSeS

1. even if that was right, afk fighting applies to more than ogres

but changes were made only to ogres, so my point is valid

2. duh? and there are people who do macro afk fight

like i said this update won't affect macroers, only honest players. macroers will just change their macros

3. role playing game does not overule whatever a game developer wants, rules are more important than your enjoyment of the game

that's your best point.

i agree on what's more important, but still players enjoyment *is* important. and there were many updates which made game harder implemented "to make game more realistic" so why it has to be changed now?

4. no, actually, it takes 3 seconds top to track a monster and attack it, they stop moving for a reason, and my suggestion is get a better computer instead of trying to get the game to run easier for the one you have

you must be kidding about those 3 secs. maybe in Vermor secret room. but on all other spawns ogres keep running away even when they don't auto attack. sometimes they stop after 10, 15 seconds. and with bad connection (lag - doesn't depend on computer capabilities, but network capabilities) it's possible that you won't manage to attack before they start running again

when they auto attack you still have to chase them, but you have *possibility* that they will attack when you just get close.

So you guys want afk fighters? afk harvesters? afk manufacturers? You know I was only joking about AFK-Lands....however it seems like some of you really want it

no, i wouldn't play that game. the only thing i do afk (or rather half-afk) is harvest. and that's only because of auto harv system.

no, i wouldn't play that game. the only thing i do afk (or rather half-afk) is harvest. and that's only because of auto harv system.

If you don't AFK fight against ogres why do you care so much about he update???

Anyone else here think this is strange :D

Well of course monsters are going to stop attacking you after a certain level, don't get pissed off

i'm not pissed off. i just think there aren't enough reasons to do that or that there are reasons to not do it.

notice that in most cases monsters stop attacking players when they reach levels on which they can kill those monsters very easily and they get poor xp anyways.

for me it was always a sign that i should move up to the stronger creature soon when my current training monster stopped attacking me. ogres still are threat to me and i get quite good xp, so why would they not attack ?

where's it say changes were made only to ogres? mihiam said "some monsters" not "one monster"

it does not affect honest players, only the ones that are too lazy to click once on a monster

once again, its not the game's problem your computer is not as good, most people playing have computers that support the game well, and since it is "most" the "less" part is overuled :lol:

all creatures weaker than ogre wasn't attacking at certain lvl even before the update

first of all lazy ppl can be honest :D 2nd - more like 20 times multipled by thousands of ogres

my computer is good enough. i'm talking about internet connection. i have cable modem and it still gets little bit slower when there are 400 players on, what about ppl with dial-ups? i'm not sure if they're minority. from what i hear from ppl lag is common problem

Go around crowded storage, and start PMing people there...from 40 people last time

answered me 8. AFK Lands are very neat idea Roja. Also if someone will have program to click on

monster - how you will prove it to him if he is online? We all saw server logs and know they are very

useless. You can't stop macroing in any way till the client is open source and all attempts to do so are

very naive.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

I think we should make a new game for a group of players: AFK-Lands biggrin.gif

Good shoot Roja :o

You can't stop macroing in any way till the client is open source and all attempts to do so are very naive.

True.

This reminds me of copy protection on CDs. All those efforts, all those people saying "our next CD protection will be unhackable!", all in vain. You can hear the music = you can record it. Of course it will get harder, but people who want to do it will do it anyway, and people who didn't do it in the first place will just get annoyed.

Same goes for open-source client. Don't misunderstand me, I'm all for it and I would be very sad if a decision was taken to close the source. But there's no perfect solution than could say "this player macroes" and "this player doesn't", only "chances are this one does and this one doesn't".

Anyway I am very happy that despite all this the client is still open-source :)

And, contrarily to the CD example, I don't mind at all the steps taken to limit macroing (so far it doesn't make playing more difficult, so it's great). I wouldn't mind either if no step was taken, because I know it's a race between devs/macroers, and macroers always catch up with devs. The only thing left is to decide how far to go to limit the number of macroers still following... and I guess spending time to code something to detect macroers is not really the most thrilling.

But maybe I'm biased as I never saw the point of macroing (apart from learning to macro / program), doesn't one get bored very fast while cheating ? :P