Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BriGuy!04

new metals

the mithril two handed greatsword :o

25-30 damage, +5 defense, -2 accuracy, +3 critical to damage, -2 critical to hit

mithril chainmail

6-9 armor, -2 heat and cold protection, -1 defense, -1 accuracy, -1 critical to hit

mithril helm

+4 armor, -1 heat and cold protection

hehe, just some ideas

I believe Wulfram was in the plan, at one point. I'm not sure if it still is, though.

Tungsten burns. bright and hot.

I can see it now...

Your Tungsten helm has been destroyed. You sustain 50 damage and a bad haircut from the fire.

owies. :rolleyes:

Eternal Lands dont have so much item...this why new metals will be good (no ? B) )

Then we can use use some metals who exist in game for have new item...(like gold serpent sword :angry::D:D )

more weapons in quartz too B)

Wouldn't it be better to come up wit some unique EL metals.

This instead of incorporating real metals, and then go in to scientfic specifications, why they can't be used.

Example:

Karmal

Description: the purest form of Iron

Knowledge required: Karmal mining

When mining iron (if you have the knowledge) you have a 1/25 chance of getting a chunk of Karmal.

Karmal bar (4 karmal ore, 6 fire ess, 2 coal)

Knowledge required: Karmal smelting

Use: twice as hard, compared to Steel, to work into manufactured goods (double fail rate), but the goods manufactured are stronger (half break/degrade rate)

This would be more fantasy/EL related and not biased bu perceptions about RL metals and goods.

Edited by Derin

why the hell would we do that, all the metals that are used in the game atm are real life metals too so why would you want to add new kinds of metal, that don't exist in real life :S

Edited by lobonar

Because this is a GAME, lobonar, and we AREN'T trying to make this GAME more like rl. Besides, I like that idea Derin :)

wooden swords for training, they do no damage but you still get exp for hits, (if anyone comments about splinters...) i think it'd be a good first weapon for some people because they would get a whole bunch of exp while if they lost it they wouldnt be losing much

Both kinds of new metal (RL and EL-specific) have already been planned for the major update ahead, and are being worked on. Hehe,,, Blacksmithing and Alchemy are going to be fun! :D

-Lyn-

mithril chainmail

6-9 armor, -2 heat and cold protection, -1 defense, -1 accuracy, -1 critical to hit

mithril helm

+4 armor, -1 heat and cold protection

I think theres no need of new metals to make better armors, there's still place for things like:

still and titanium helms

titanium shields

steel and titanium plates cuisess and greaves.

Maybe you're already working on it ?

Edited by Mortek

when is the next update coming out?

Updates aren't planned. They're made whenever the necessary components are ready.

By adding mithril or Adam ore now thats pushing it for this game to become more like RUNESCAPE, no one wants that because runescape sucks! Newer and better ores would be awesome with the acception of ore certificates! View the Ore Certificate suggestion.

Guest Adanath

I've read a few threads about the forge and modifications concerning blacksmiting in the game. There's one thing I find a bit annoying in this game.

You may say it's just a detail, but ...

Titanium does not fit sword making

People talk about titanium, because it's used in high-tech aeronautics and the name sounds exotic.

so cool ... :D

Titanium is a real metal which properties are well known : it's very light, but just a bit harder than aluminium.

Will you run into battle with aluminium swords ? :D

I mean if you really want an exotic metal that sounds cool in a heroic fantasy environment, use adamantium or mythril. These metals do not exist, giving you the liberty of any property that fits the game.

The best alloy to make weapons IRL is Damascus steel. Out of it, you may imagine whatever you want, but please don't use real materials with false properties.

You wanna add new metals in the game ?

replace titanium with mythril and add Damascus between basic steel and mythril.

if you want more information about titanium swords read this :

http://swordforum.com/metallurgy/titanium.html

Adanath

PS

please don't flame me. I just mean to bring more accuracy in this topic.

I completely agree with Adanath. I've always thought it funny using Titanium as the most powerful form of metal (although I will say Titanium is quite a bit harder then aluminium, just has a much greater heating point).

On the otherhand, And I know I'm going to get flamed for this, But I really think we should include including Metal Alloys into the game. Not only will it add a whole new dimension to the proccess of Blacksmithing and Alchemy but create a much wider veraity of Metals an Metal Products.

Then, If we really want to make Powerful, Ultimate Weapons out of Titanium, we would have to make Steel-Titanium or Titanium-Iron Alloy before actually making weapons from them. Damascus steel for example is a great one too.

Now, just because Runescape also has Making Alloys doesn't mean that it should automatically be excluded from this Game. Afterall, the reason Runescape even has it to begin it is because it works and makes the process quite enjoyable but they certainly don't have the sole right to benefit from a good idea.

P.S. Very Nice site, Adanath. This could help the game greatly (just by us knowing what we're al talking about.)

Guest Tecumseh

glass making, i don't know thats all

for alternative to rings and amulets

sometihing of that nature...

But I really think we should include including Metal Alloys into the game.

Like the Titanium/Steel Alloy Longsword?

It is already there (see weapon descriptions).

In a land of fantasy (like EL) any kind of metal can have any kind of property, so don't be alarmed or upset over it. :lol: