Edited by Jay

Nvidia 0wnz j00.

Regards.

Which should I get? EXCLDING PRICE

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP 128 MB Graphics Card

ATI Radeon 9200SE AGP 128 MB Graphics Card

Im leaning toward the ATI Radeon

From Doom 3 system requirements:

Lowest supported GPU is a Geforce 4 MX (worse than Geforce 3).

Or in Carmacks words:

"Nvidia has really made a mess of the naming conventions here. I always thought it was bad enough that GF2 was just a speed bumped GF1, while GF3 had significant architectural improvements over GF2. I expected GF4 to be the speed bumped GF3, but calling the NV17 GF4-MX really sucks. GF4-MX will still run Doom properly, but it will be using the NV10 codepath with only two texture units and no vertex shaders. A GF3 or 8500 will be much better performers. The GF4-MX may still be the card of choice for many people depending on pricing, especially considering that many games won't use four textures and vertex programs, but damn, I wish they had named it something else."

I.e, if you do go for nVidia, stay away from MX. Oh, and the people I know who thought nVidia cards were good a year ago have all replaced them with ATI cards after their nVidia cards started to have strange colors and system crashes.

I.e, if you do go for nVidia, stay away from MX. Oh, and the people I know who thought nVidia cards were good a year ago have all replaced them with ATI cards after their nVidia cards started to have strange colors and system crashes.

Oh, so my nVidia card was the problem! That would also explain why that stopped happening after I got an ATI card. Yeah, I have an ATI Raedon 9600 (either that or 9800) AGP 128 and that runs Doom 3 just fine. :o I think the 9200 SE would be fine for you.

mine worked great until i updated it... damn el people i shoulda never listened to them their teh ebul!~#

bye bye colors hello black!