Eternal Lands Official Forums
ipe

Server - source code

Hi guys,

i've been thinking and trying to find out - is the server open source ?

I would like to work on the client side, but without adding code to the server this won't make any sense (new spells, and so on..)

Is there any source code published ? Even from the very beggining stages? So i could test if my vision would work?

Greetz.

No it is not and never will be. Note go learn how make own game if want do those stuff.

Edited by jamesvm

I do believe it means: "NO, GET LOST" - but i'm not interested - as You may think - in modifying the game - that is why I asked about even very first stages of server.

Well, summarizing - any chances to get it somewhere ? I would be really gladfull for your help.

There sorce code for client which all info know for that is at http://elc.berlios.de/build.php

But sever code has never been released and never will be and next time use search feture before post because some one else ask same question like this one.

What thought try say was wroung Was not tell get lost and only said because that why people make own game so can have what they invision for games.

Edited by jamesvm

I'm sorry james, i think You've misunderstood me.

Well let me explain myself - so this might be helpfull.

I am really sure, that having a code of a client - especially the networking stuff, a simple TCP packet sniffer, and a little bit of time - You can create Your own code for the server. So, believe me - This is not what i'm trying to do.

I wanted to implement my vision of few new speels i was working on that night, a new weather system and a new chat system also.

I don't want to do it for my own purposes, i thoud OPEN SOURCE projects are having in their minds - a programmers cooperation- but Eternal Lands are somehow a little bit closed?

I just ask for an old server code, that i could use to check if my chat / weather system implementation works.

God, guys - we live in XXI Century.

Well answer to question still no. For several reason important reasion

1. If release sever code then how could charge for pay to pay version and then what stop steal it charged money to people without pay Entroy.

2. no sever code release and to those have our been intrusty with keeping it secrect and they have contribute code to clint side first and they done great dell code add to it.

Edited by jamesvm

James, can we talk on private please ?

I'm really interested in joining as an programmer - future talk could be really interesting.

The server code is not released to the public due to security reasons. Only very few people have access to the server to work on it. We know this limits the development of this game however it is without a doubt necessary.

You can contribute to the client to help us though at any time.

James, can we talk on private please ?

I'm really interested in joining as an programmer - future talk could be really interesting.

i do not know that much just enough play around client source code and I am kindy busy work encyclopedia.

The server code is not released to the public due to security reasons. Only very few people have access to the server to work on it. We know this limits the development of this game however it is without a doubt necessary.

You can contribute to the client to help us though at any time.

Define these security reasons, please.

Regards.