Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Random Spawns

Would you like Random Spawns?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Random Spawns?

• 1.Yes
    • 2.No
    • 3.Only bigger spawn areas, but not totally random.

Perhaps a new poll is called for - to include the option to impletment at a later date with a tracking system, and also perhaps combine the poll on this with the random ore spawns possibility, as maybe both should be implemented in the same way to balance the game.

Camping and killing is boring, but walking around and killing is boring too...

Oh yeah, that's why games where all you do is walk/run around and kill stuff, like Quake3, UT2004 and Doom3 will never reach 400 players ;)

This is GAME, game HAVE to be/make FUN ! And each update is less fun ! I don't get the people who want to make it more and more realistic points. If we need some realistic thing, we just turn of computer and play in real world :S

I don't think the police would like that... *Grabs her steel longsword and runs out to PK in the real world*

Stop making it harder... all that bull**** about realism sucks ! Go make stuff in real world not in game if you want realism ! Make more FUN !

The problem here is that harvesting monsters is NOT FUN.

Oh yeah, that's why games where all you do is walk/run around and kill stuff, like Quake3, UT2004 and Doom3 will never reach 400 players ;)

All those above are stupid shooters games... they are not even comparable to EL. You don't have there to make any lvls to do better things... just take weapon and shot... duh, so primitive...

This is GAME, game HAVE to be/make FUN ! And each update is less fun ! I don't get the people who want to make it more and more realistic points. If we need some realistic thing, we just turn of computer and play in real world :S

I don't think the police would like that... *Grabs her steel longsword and runs out to PK in the real world*

lol, i love that answer ! anyway you didn't get the point... people around are talking about realism in game...that stupid, if you want realism remove all those fantasy things in game and make EL medieval Sims :S

Stop making it harder... all that bull**** about realism sucks ! Go make stuff in real world not in game if you want realism ! Make more FUN !

The problem here is that harvesting monsters is NOT FUN.

Agree. But clicking around to find monsters is even LESS FUN... and as i said: slower exp etc. and it's AGAIN not fair for lower levels players...

And idea about tracking skill sucks totally.... we don't need another pointless skill to train...

Well, thanks for discusion Leeloo...

I convinced many friends to vote NO in ore spawns poll, but in this case (poll here) i lost totally.

I joined EL because it was great game, in times when everything was so cool, now only chatting with friends is... all others are HARD WORK instead FUN :/

Edited by Gen_Axis

All those above are stupid shooters games... they are not even comparable to EL. You don't have there to make any lvls to do better things... just take weapon and shot... duh, so primitive...

Stupid shooters with thousands of servers and tens of thousands of players ? Yeah, all stupid people obviously.....

I'm a big UT player and you're right that its not comparable to EL. Its killing for the sport that requires reaction, coordination, and tactics. But perhaps this isnt the right thread to be rubbishing games that you dont like....

Killing in EL is for a different reason. Its no different from taking the path of an alchemist, or a manufacturer, its just working with different materials to increase the power of your character.

"people around are talking about realism in game...that stupid, if you want realism remove all those fantasy things in game and make EL medieval Sims :S"

Why is realism stupid? Any game is a mixture of fantasy and realism, and the more realistic you make a fantasy, the more attractive it becomes.

Stupid shooters with thousands of servers and tens of thousands of players ? Yeah, all stupid people obviously.....

Yep, thousends of them... it seems common entertainment for ppl who know how to clicking fast... i only agree with that part you can train your coordination and tactics

And why is realism stupid ? You have right about 'game is mixture of fantasy and realism' but ppl here shauting realism realisn ! and every stupid chaneges reason is : more realism !

Dont you see how everything is slow now ?! You have to sit 3 hours to make few bars and rings... is that how you fixed economy ? And prices aren't changing... theyre lower and lower... like before changes, so what was the point to do that ?

Before within 3 hours of playing i could harvest ingreds, make ess/pots and train fighting... now withing 3 hours i can harvest ingreds and make pots... pfff so SLOW !!!

i agreee with the random spawn points as it would be a bit better than loads of people crowding round the spawn points and if random spawn points mean more monsters/creatures this means more people can train on certain monsters/creatures which would be a good thing

Plz no its already bad enough... if u watch those n00bs sometimes they chase for hours on end to catch a little brown rabbit plz don't make it any harder than it already is plz plzplz plz plz!!!!

All that vote Yes! are no power gamers o.o~

So? Most players aren't power gamers.

fighters r power players mostly :P

This is stupid if u want to chase a monster at the other side of the map lets say its like wsc or something u wanna go all the way around to find the monster geez

yeh stuid Idea, but we hardcore players have no vote , cuz there are only like 20 hardcore trainers. kiss.gif

I saw someone say this

NO, its not fair ! Players who already trained their skills will be more forward ever, because no other weaker players will be allowed to catch them in stats !

Thats only good for people who already trained many days at statc spawns !

Do you think you ever going catch up those players, You will have to walk the same path as they do.. And they wont stand still. The only solution is a max limit.

Even with this new system YOU will have the same cons as they will have.

Also players who need to train on a certain creature should have MM capes now. Being ganged up by 3 creatures will kill them for sure. This will be hard for newer players.

I can only say that I think its interresting (and I eager for more ogre spawns).

I didnt say i will catch THEM, only their actually levels,like theyre for example 80/80, so after that will be much harder to get those lvls... now theyre training in one place... after you will need to waste time for looking/chasing creatures...

I didnt say i will catch THEM, only their actually levels,like theyre for example 80/80, so after that will be much harder to get those lvls... now theyre training in one place... after you will need to waste time for looking/chasing creatures...

It is just a matter of time spent. More time spent in EL = more xp gained.

But I agree that this should be carefully tested before implemented. And I'm still not sure that this is an entirely good idea.

On the whole, it would be a great ideea if you only have to kill 2-10 monsters to lvl up or get some good drop. But how the hell can you kill 1K fluffies to get 1 lvl or 1 gen axe book when you have to chase them all over the map?

I'll get my next lvl sometimes in May with this random spawns :(

One more thought, what about monsters that attack each other... like a goblin that kills bunnies and foxes. Think of the possobilites, you kill a goblin and get all the items that it picked up from killing the creatures smaller than itself :(. Even Ugly stupid Goblins have to eat.

And what about diffrent catogory of monster killing skills. Instead of straight Attack/Defense make it so that you train in killing the undead skeletons, hunting skills animals... diffrent catagories for diffrent types of monsters.

NeoSeS

One more thought, what about monsters that attack each other... like a goblin that kills bunnies and foxes. Think of the possobilites, you kill a goblin and get all the items that it picked up from killing the creatures smaller than itself :). Even Ugly stupid Goblins have to eat.

And what about diffrent catogory of monster killing skills. Instead of straight Attack/Defense make it so that you train in killing the undead skeletons, hunting skills animals... diffrent catagories for diffrent types of monsters.

NeoSeS

FIrstly, that would be WAY to profitable for a monster to pick up every drop from its kills.

Secondly, thats what books are for. You really dont need a skill per combat section. This game isnt all fighting :(

fighters r power players mostly :(

It's the other way around. Power gamers are the only ones who are not bored from fighting. I wanted to be a fighter, I trained a lot... Until the time when I was killing foxes, that's when harvesting animals got boring. I want to PK, there's a challenge in that, but I don't want to harvest animals, that's boring. If I wanted to harvest, I would go mining instead. So, how do I level up? Without being killed all the time?

Oh yeah, that's why games where all you do is walk/run around and kill stuff, like Quake3, UT2004 and Doom3 will never reach 400 players :(

??? Ok lets see.. <_<

-UT: you look for weapons, ammo, decide on what weapon to use, look for enemy, peeking over walls hoping not to get ur head blown off, you hear something, you charge, you aim, jump, shoot, miss, duck, hit, win or die.. exciting, always, never the same situation

-EL: you come to some map with a sword, get sigils ready or whatever, walk, walk, click, look, walk, look, yay bunny!!, click, bunny dead.. exciting for the first 5 bunnies then it just repeats over and over.

Its not very exciting to train with the current system, but its still ok, the fun in KF compensates for it, every new level is exciting, being able to kill stronger monsters and enemies, possible drops and such. The current delay between spawns is ok because you have time to chat and such, but anything that would make training harder (atm you need quite handsom ammount of time to level after you pass level 70/70) would slowly overweight the fun factor.

But again, if 1 static monster would be replaced with 10 random spawns, it could work, but i cant say that before i try it on test server. OR if monsters would give more experience. (you spend ~5 times more time to find and kill the monster, therefore it gives you ~5 times more experience)

Face it, after you have killed 100+ monsters of the same type, the excitment drops fast, and having to look all over for that monster will NOT make it more fun.

fighters r power players mostly :(

It's the other way around. Power gamers are the only ones who are not bored from fighting. I wanted to be a fighter, I trained a lot... Until the time when I was killing foxes, that's when harvesting animals got boring. I want to PK, there's a challenge in that, but I don't want to harvest animals, that's boring. If I wanted to harvest, I would go mining instead. So, how do I level up? Without being killed all the time?

Training must be Bored and the price is being strong and PK people

Harvesting is boring but the price is ,making Items and sell and make cash!

Ok guys, it is pretty boring the way it is now(after a while). And, it might very well still be boring if we have random spawns. So, instead of saying "this sux0rzz u suxXor" why don't you put your heads together and come up with some better ideas? eh?

Let Monsters Walk more when they respawn so u have to run after them and use skills to be faster then him :-p or make more spawns and let them respawn like 1 min so u can walk from spawn to spawn :-/

:):) :lol: :D :lol: :D KOOOOOOLLLLL

With the new skill level all of the old players won't be like 800 times better than the new ones :)))))

This would rule :D:( :lol:

Edited by Ogle