Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Random Spawns

Would you like Random Spawns?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Random Spawns?

• 1.Yes
    • 2.No
    • 3.Only bigger spawn areas, but not totally random.

A solution: randomize all but Cyclops and stronger. You cant afk on those anyway, it will keep 'powerplayers' happy and all those who vote 'yes' (and are probably doing goblin) will be happy too. Its a 'challenge' enough to level after 80/80 attack/defence

I like this solution.

I am one of those people "doing goblin" and it would keep me happy. Fighting is not my main aim, but i do want to get into it, and the thought of standing in one place next to a bunch of other people waiting for a spawn just doesnt attract me to being a fighter. i can understand why higher level fighters would get annoyed with the prospect of making their life harder. i didnt want the ore spawns randomized because that would make my life harder, so its the same for fighters i suppose.

Well, we can still have some monsters with a set spawn area. The gargoyles can be one of them :(

If the gargoyles "stay" in VC, then I will love this feature

[X] Yes

The gargoyles don't stay in VC now!

I doubt that will change.

I too voted yes..........and I am the best fighter in the world. If this happens it will be great. All you noobs will never catch up to me and I will remain the best. Now I can stick to killing people while they train to stop people from gaining levels!!!

I like the idea.

What i would like to see is monsters/animals that form herds if they find monsters/animals of the same kind or a similar kind.

Like deers wandering around together.

This has the advantage that if you find the herd then you can hunt down more than one. It would be good especially on big maps since you can only find animals wandering around alone so far.

That is why hunting on big maps doesn't make much sense/fun and it could be fixed by the herd feature.

yeah if possible i'd also like to give better AI to the creatures, and making herds would be cool...but also, if a goblin is attacked(or another monster), they will call out for reinforcements to come help them >:(

SO if gargoyles can stay at vc , let the fluffys also stay ;-p

fix bugs stop screwing skills

I like the idea.

What i would like to see is monsters/animals that form herds if they find monsters/animals of the same kind or a similar kind.

Like deers wandering around together.

This has the advantage that if you find the herd then you can hunt down more than one. It would be good especially on big maps since you can only find animals wandering around alone so far.

That is why hunting on big maps doesn't make much sense/fun and it could be fixed by the herd feature.

I have been working a bit on this for BM.

Monsters sleep, seek for food(items or other animals), run from other creatures, shit, talk/insult, dance, and in a future they will be able to make groups. They also have 3 senses, sight for detecting other monsters, smell to detect food and hearing to wake up when they are sleeping.

*edit* Here is an example of monsters talking: http://img67.exs.cx/img67/2149/image27yz.png

Edited by Sadez

Yes please I want completely random spawns... I've wanted this so bad for so long. No more standing in one place when hunting fluffies! :(

So Hoaxer and Smooms, is Elise not considered a fighter then? I think her A/D says otherwise, yet she thinks spawns are a good idea.

Elise trains for the fun, not being a Pker :)

Well some will have spawn areas-but the vast majority will not, and of course it also depends on the map. Like some maps gargoyles might spawn randomly, some others they might not.

All the people that are voting yes are non fighters!

And why? Because "fighting" is so booooooooring, it's not fighting, it's harvesting wolves/gargs/whatever. I've seen people AFK harvesting ogres, so obviously even the fighters don't see the fun in it.

Having high levels is fun because you get to kill stuff that isn't as predictable - i.e. players - but getting them is as boring as harvesting was before the autoharvester.

I agree with all the people who voted NO. How about start fixing all bugs first and all that *bleep* and then start THINKING about new ideas. So far this game going to be worse and worse every update. First it was the alchemy, pots and manu that was getting worse like hell and now you all wanna do fighting as well?!?!?!?!?! I don't think you will get more players but only will lose players with these kind of updates. Everything was ok before the update with alchemy, manu and pots but now you can only do fighting but you want to make this random spawns? sorry to say but this is really the worst idea ever.

I didn't vote, since I am casual player and I don't play as much as others.

I rarely post, but I thought I might toss out a few things to keep ideas rolling. IMHO this will have a huge effect on game since I feel this is mostly a PK game.

How about doing exactly what Roja proposes with random spawns, but also leave static spawns intact. The random spawns would be a little stronger than “static†spawns.Not a compromise, but the best of both. The random spawns could have different names such as rabid wolf. to show This would have the following effects, I think:

Pros:

-afk fighting. I don't afk fight, but it seems to me if you have the animals/monsters cry out for help, this could make it a LOT more dangerous. Just let people autoharvest a nonmoiving static spawn. Mods would never have to check if people are afk fighting, because other players wouldn't complain. This would save their time.

-fighting becomes more of a challenge You could have the random spawns give more xp than the static ones do now. And you could have the “static†spawns give LESS xp than they do now.

-no more fighting over spawn points The only players that would be camping spawns would be those who are “harvesting†animals. This would be like any other “harvesting†with several players sitting around the spawn which doesn't move or go away. Maybe even with random Mother nature effects.

-more monsters on the maps Players who actively hunt will see their time rewarded with gains in xp. The monster AI could be enhanced to the point where animal groups (foxes and above) become “angry†with a character who hunts them. So when you pass near one, it may attack out of anger. They could also “aggro†against players wearing armor or weapons or using magic.

-new skill or features- tracking & trapping could only apply to players actively hunting the random spawns.

As for the cons Roja listed I think this would make creatures easy to find, but rewarding the effort spent looking. If you bother to search, you will skill up as fast or faster than before. This would make Power Players happy, as well as giving new players a chance (a risky one) to gain on the higher level players.

Since i think a random spawn vs static spawns was also proposed for harvesting in a poll by Roja, you could do BOTH there as well. The random mineral/flower/ore could be superior to the static by being worth more to NPCs, and could count double in item recipes. For example, put 3 superior rabbit furs and 2 threads in manufacture window. If you successfully make, only a random 1 to 3 get used. The leftovers stay in your inventory.

I agree with Nidan, Gen_Axis. This is a bad idea, if you were going to do it you should have done it at the beginning of the crash. Not months later. It will be IMPOSSIBLE for lower levels to ever catch people who are already in 70s and 80s. Plus, those who are already in 70s and 80s will just PVP train with each other.

What's wrong with people training with each other? Lower levels can do that too. It may be somewhat harder to catch up with the current high levels (though that too remains to be seen), but if that's the case, it's also probably harder to keep leveling up and keep your advantage. I think this is a good idea, that should have been implemented in february 2002, but better now than never.

Elise hasnt trained much lately and i think she wants it to stop other training to over take her.

Am I that transparent? :D

I don't want to stop other people training, I don't even PK. I don't need low levels to die, I suck enough at PKing to die at high lvls too. I just want fighting monsters to be fun. I might even start playing again if this happened.

I do understand why high level fighters and PKers might not like if all spawns were random, but I think this game should be fun. It should not cater only to the needs and wants of power gamers.

Edited by Elise

Ok with random spawns people wont lvl up and catch up the higher players, and Pk maps wil be more DEAD then it is already, nice!!

If you guys gonna inplend Random spawns, u should also inplend random ore spawns .....

well i'd go for bigger spawn areas but not make it totally random since lets say this example some people are mixing stuff at grahms and suddenly BAM a garg many weak ones get killed so that would be good for bagjumpers and before some strong guy can get the garg he'll have to put away his bag or he'll get bagjumped too i wouldn't like that otherwise i don't think this is a bad idea but about the afk fighting ogres for example kajjak indeed does that now and then but there really isn't that much space in the grave of king vermor so where else will you make it spawn ? gonna stop writing now cuz i'm getting confused and almost gotta stop for today anywayz :(

*edit* no shivar no random ore spawns! i'm trying to get 20k silver ore here you know i'm not gonna search through whole caves trying to find a little bit of ore you know :angry:

Edited by ssjgohan

Ok with random spawns people wont lvl up and catch up the higher players, and Pk maps wil be more DEAD then it is already, nice!!

Bullshit. If you make the increase in lower level monsters larger than the increase in high lvl monsters, people will have plenty of opportunity to level up. This point also directly contradicts the idea of making only low lvl monsters spawn randomly. You're grasping at straws.

If you guys gonna inplend Random spawns, u should also inplend random ore spawns .....

What does one have to do with the other? Besides, fighters already have an advantage.

What does one have to do with the other? Besides, fighters already have an advantage.

Look all Non-fighters wanna make it wors for the fighters -_o cuz they already have problems with Harvesting stuff etc..

I voted yes, because it makes sense and would stop these ppl who camp at spawns and "harvest" creatures.

Then hunting will much more look like hunting and not harvesting.

And i love the idea of creatures herds.

Oh, and let the gargs stay and protect VC, of course :angry:

Piper