Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Random Spawns

Would you like Random Spawns?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Random Spawns?

• 1.Yes
    • 2.No
    • 3.Only bigger spawn areas, but not totally random.

A solution: randomize all but Cyclops and stronger. You cant afk on those anyway, it will keep 'powerplayers' happy and all those who vote 'yes' (and are probably doing goblin) will be happy too. Its a 'challenge' enough to level after 80/80 attack/defence

I think thats a fair balance. Although I dont think AFK fighting is the MAIN focus of this suggested change, the high-level monsters should be excluded (they seem to be on their own maps anyway, so exclude maps SKF and Tarahji that host such monsters), it would simply make things too difficult.

You need to remember that the symantics of this change have probably yet to be discussed (hence this thread), we're voting on whether it SHOULD be done, not necessarily HOW its done.

Fluffy spawns hare always in BIG maps, how the smeg are we able to search the,? im searching sometimes like 30 min for 1 fluffy at T.Desert

and then you finaly got it and then you have to search it again!?

I think randomizing everything but the highest monsters is a stupid idea, it creates an imbalance between high and low level players. I also think having to search for fluffy is a good thing. Besides, don't forget that teh g0dess said that the number of monsters would be increased.

So if tha maps are now good enough to implement random spawning, please do so!!

I also think having to search for fluffy is a good thing.

Yeah, how easy it is to say that when you havent killed a single fluffy after crash at least. I kinda have a feeling you wouldnt say this if you had to kill 600+ fluffies for a single attack level

Yeah, how easy it is to say that when you havent killed a single fluffy after crash at least. I kinda have a feeling you wouldnt say this if you had to kill 600+ fluffies for a single attack level

And you may be right. It's still stupid not to randomize it though.

And you may be right. It's still stupid not to randomize it though.

I think Grum has a good point. Roja did saythe spawns would be increased to cater for the randomizing, so it might work out the same unting time, but just works better :)

Well, we can still have some monsters with a set spawn area. The gargoyles can be one of them :)

If the gargoyles "stay" in VC, then I will love this feature

[X] Yes

It's just like #beam me up, every time you so something and say "I'll fix that later", once you try to fix it, people want to continue with the old way.

The fixed spawns is one of the things that makes this more of a mouse training program than a game. There's nothing interesting in hunting anything, because you know where they are going to be. Imagine if hunters IRL just could go to their favorite place, aim and wait for the animals to appear where they're aiming. Bang, 10 seconds, bang, 10 seconds, bang... :(

It's also funny how it's the high level fighters that want to continue with the monsters spawning in predictable locations, while they are also the ones suggesting that they would have an unfair advantage. Personally I think they have their high levels because of this misfeature. The rest of us are simply bored "harvesting wolves", and never get our fighting levels high.

It's just like #beam me up, every time you so something and say "I'll fix that later", once you try to fix it, people want to continue with the old way.

The fixed spawns is one of the things that makes this more of a mouse training program than a game. There's nothing interesting in hunting anything, because you know where they are going to be. Imagine if hunters IRL just could go to their favorite place, aim and wait for the animals to appear where they're aiming. Bang, 10 seconds, bang, 10 seconds, bang... :(

It's also funny how it's the high level fighters that want to continue with the monsters spawning in predictable locations, while they are also the ones suggesting that they would have an unfair advantage. Personally I think they have their high levels because of this misfeature. The rest of us are simply bored "harvesting wolves", and never get our fighting levels high.

That is absolutely correct Leeloo, I couldnt have said it better myself, thank you!

Hoaxer, i've just started to fight again, and im a low level fighter, but im gaining levels quicker because of the predictable spawns.

What I dont understand is that most people complain this game isnt getting enough updates, and when they are asked what updates they would like (do you get that on WoW, Everquest or GTA? NO!) they complain and say keep it the way it is.

Please, make up your minds, I know I have.

Ye why teh hell are u NON figthing people voting !!! dammit u all alchemy/potion biatches dont vote and destory game for us :(

If u think this wil get more people to EL, no way u wil loose lot of people who doesnt like to play anymore ( maybe me )

You guys also have to think that eventually there's going to be a TON more monsters. At least 1 monster for every 2 levels.

Ye why teh hell are u NON figthing people voting !!! dammit u all alchemy/potion biatches dont vote and destory game for us :(

That was unnecessarily rude.

If you want to make all decisions in a game, go create your own. If you like this game, you'll have to accept that not all players want exactly the same things as you do. Grow up.

i havent voted yet,

but if i may ask a question,

can you delimit AREAS of spawn within a map? meaning a creature can spawn randomly in that whole area? that way gargs in VC could spawn randmly anywhere in the vc are and surrounfing forest maze, but not say.. on raven?

allowing the ogre at carmien to stay anywhere on the ogre floor but not say.. spawn in the ground floor instead of the orc?

or avoiding creatures spawning in the middle of [bridges|rooftops] ?

get my ligne of thought? random spwans whithin delimited spawning zones?

its more realistic than fixed spawns as leeloo pointed that real hunters cannot just sit in a favourite place and wait for the creature, and it would be more realistic than spawning everywhere because animals tend to choose an [habitat|territory] (a zone to call theirs).

basically you still know where to go roughly to find an specific creature but youre not sure to find it inside an specific spot or small zone within his territory.

and once spawned he would try to stick defending his territory only getting out ocasionallyto attack another creature (hunting) :(

Yes please I want completely random spawns... I've wanted this so bad for so long. No more standing in one place when hunting fluffies! :(

So Hoaxer and Smooms, is Elise not considered a fighter then? I think her A/D says otherwise, yet she thinks spawns are a good idea.

So Hoaxer and Smooms, is Elise not considered a fighter then? I think her A/D says otherwise, yet she thinks spawns are a good idea.

It's against the rules to write what i think about it, she obviously can't comprehend how many weeks would it take for her to catch those 600 fluffies for a level <_<