Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Random Spawns

Would you like Random Spawns?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Random Spawns?

• 1.Yes
    • 2.No
    • 3.Only bigger spawn areas, but not totally random.

READ THIS POST BEFORE MAKING A DECISION!!!!

Also read Rule #12 before making a post.

Random spawns -meaning a creature can spawn ANYWHERE in 1 map. There are no set spawn points as there are now.

Pros:

-no more afk fighting

-fighting becomes more of a challenge

-no more fighting over spawn points

-we will place a lot more monsters on the maps to make up for it

-we can possibly implement a new skill or features- tracking & trapping

Cons:

-creatures won't be as easy to find, so you have to work more

-won't be as easy to gain exp

-bad for powerplayers

Edit: here are some point responses I've made to people's inquires:

-You guys also have to think that eventually there's going to be a TON more monsters. At least 1 monster for every 2 levels.

-We can still have some monsters with a set spawn area. The gargoyles can be one of them. Some will have spawn areas-but the vast majority will not, and of course it also depends on the map. Like some maps gargoyles might spawn randomly, some others they might not.

-The monsters will still stay on the maps they have always been on, this is not random spawns throughout the game, only inside each map.

-If possible i'd also like to give better AI to the creatures, and making herds would be cool...but also, if a goblin is attacked(or another monster), they will call out for reinforcements to come help them >:P

Yes! Definately. It would not only add more diversity and enjoyment to the game, but things would be EVEN more interesting.

And the pros HEAVILY outweigh the cons :)

Well, I say Do It and just not give anyone a choice, you never gave the harvesters a choice on the mother nature thing or cut harvesting speeds, so maybe just make the spawns everywhere. I'd like to see it.

EDIT: didn't mean to be rude, just never saw a choice for the harvesters. I would like to see the random spawns, it would make the game ALOT more fun :)

Edited by Starman_Omega

it would be way more realistic with many spawns randomly placed and you could actualy maybe get attacked by 3 monsters!

I voted for bigger spawn areas, it's a balanced option. the idea of random spawns is interesting, but with all those cons i'm not sure if it's worth it. btw: you forgot about one more cons:

- more random spawns on map = more creatures wandering around = more danger for weaker players

I suggest implementing it on test server first and letting players to check it and then cast their votes

I suggest implementing it on test server first and letting players to check it and then cast their votes

Thats what always happens :)

I think IP should be exempt, Azazel has made a good point. Otherwise, this would add an extremely diverse feature to the game.

PLEASE vote yes! :D

(EDIT: Typo)

Edited by Placid

Definately.

I'm not really a fighter, but i do intend to level up fighting skills at some point. I dont fight anything but wolves at the moment, and the whole standing around the wolf spawn in VOTD and arguing over wolves is just dumb. Everything about EL is based on trying to create a more realistic world and this is another step towards it.

btw: you forgot about one more cons:

- more random spawns on map = more creatures wandering around = more danger for weaker players

Well a little bit, yes, but that adds to the excitement. I don't think the monsters would be on different maps...for example DP and votd would still be safe, and the gargs in whitestone would still only move around at night...only more of them. Like the gobbie in Portland, it adds to the excitement. There are still places lower level players can go to be safe, the same maps they go on now. And it gives them a goal to work for. Like the good old days :)

I love the idea of random spawns and definitely the idea of a lot more of them!

The monsters will still stay on the maps they have always been on, this is not random spawns throughout the game, only inside each map.

Yes.

Yes, yes, Yes, YES, YES!!

I've wanted this ever since I started playing this game, I really dislike spawn camping.

NO !! First forcing random ore, now random spawn ?! WTF ?! Try develop something REALLY new, not to annoy more ppl with such so stupid ideas.

NO, its not fair ! Players who already trained their skills will be more forward ever, because no other weaker players will be allowed to catch them in stats !

Thats only good for people who already trained many days at statc spawns !

C'mon !!! Stop randomizing ! Start thinking !

Last time you only got stupid ideas how to make players virtual life harder, not to how to make fun AGAIN...

Uhm, if you implement this, dont forget to do a total whipe of all stats....

How the bleep are new players suposed to ever catch up with the players that are strong now?

Well maybe we can try it at the test server first for some weeks, to see how much more monsters would actually be on the maps, and how much more work it is to get some exp, but to me it sounds like a bad idea.

Another thing: What exactly would the new skills do? I didnt quite get that

NO !! First forcing random ore, now random spawn ?! WTF ?! Try develop something REALLY new, not to annoy more ppl with such so stupid ideas.

NO, its not fair ! Players who already trained their skills will be more forward ever, because no other weaker players will be allowed to catch them in stats !

C'mon !!! Stop randomizing ! Start thinking !

Last time you only got stupid ideas how to make players virtual life harder, not to how to make fun AGAIN...

Exaclty, if this were to be implemented they would need to do a stats wipe.... :)

So the fluffy in Carmien manor can spawns in the troll room? :-)

Its a bad idea, becuz people that can beat cyclops/fluffys/chimerians

are power players.. and btw u CANT train afk on them cuz they have 200hp+

-we will place a lot more monsters on the maps to make up for it

If this means like 10 fluffies on a map like grubani instead of one then maybe, would have to try it..

If it means like 3 fluffies on such map, then No.. It is already a pain to look for the monster when you start to train IF you find a free spawn and then if it can spawn everywhere it would make it impossible to train and thats more or less all that i do :) Maps are big, monsters are small, so you can walk for 30 minutes just to find the first one, that is no fun. I like to kill monsters not just walk around all the time..

Bigger spawns? Maybe if not too big but i wouldnt like it personally, i guess i go under 'powerplayers'. Why do i always get a feeling most of people dont like 'powerplayers' here? =)

This is what i wanted to say also but couldnt bring it in good english...

A solution: randomize all but Cyclops and stronger. You cant afk on those anyway, it will keep 'powerplayers' happy and all those who vote 'yes' (and are probably doing goblin) will be happy too. Its a 'challenge' enough to level after 80/80 attack/defence

Edited by shasso

look sometimes i train in T.desert on fluffys but when u come there u have to search the fluffy first. its realy a pain in the ass!

or maby let all monsters spawn randomly exept cyclops/fluffy/chi wolf

So they wont be mixed with all the other weaker monsters...

u cant afk train on them not even with 100/100 a/d cuz they stil hit you for 15 damage or so, and at 101/101 they stop attacking. Stop ruinn the game! ;-( make critical hits higher or something or give the monsters more health!!

Edited by Satan

Non power gamers want Random spawns , let the weaker monsters spawn random!!

Power gamers dont want random spawns , make the stronger monsters not spawn random! so they cant mix up with the weak trolls/ etc