Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Nexuses!

Do you think this is a good idea?  

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Ur idea si teh r0xx0rez!
    • OMFG ur idea si teh suck!

Ok, I have this idea:

There will be an NPC, where you will donate money (was thinking 100Plat at a time, but this can be changed)

If you donate 100 plat, you will have a chance of 70% (can be changed) to get one of your nexuses (random nexus) increased by 1.

The nexuses will then apply to different thing,s liek summoning (in order to summon high animals, you'll need a high animal nexus), manufacturing (artificial nexus), some quests, etc.

So, what do you think?

I like the idea that nexuses become a barrier to high level skills, but I'm not sure I like the way you get them :?

(mainly, the laws of probability hate me, and it would be closer to 30% chance for me to get a nexus)

perhaps this is a stupid question...but what would the essences actually do? I wouldn't want to spend 100 plat on something that's going to have little effect on anything. Now, if say, artificial nexi lowered the failure rate, I'd gladly pay 100k.

In my opinion if you pay for it, it should be definate, not a luck toss. Maybe increase price more or something, I dunno, but it would be frusterating if you paid 1 mill and got the bad end of the percentage every time.

I think there should be differenct NPCs and quests for the different nexuses like there are for the basic stats.

Ok, I can make the failure rate 0 (you always get a nexus increase) but it will be a random nexus. that makes things more interesting, and non linear.

100 plat to buy a random nexus? That means that the rich will max out their nexus stats in no time! You'll have people walking around with 50-100 nexus points or more very quickly. Worst case, they have to delay buying a house!

To me, an nexus is related to really knowing that subject very well, so maybe whenever you level you have a chance that a nexus related with that skill increases. The higher your nexus rating, the lower the chance a nexus goes up.

Not going to happen, but it would be even better if HOW you leveled affected what nexus had the chance. For instance mining vs flowers is for different neuxes, but harvesting leveling, it wouldn't know which you had focussed on :D

well i think its not good to link it with donated money .. cause then everybody who does alchemy will have higher nexuses (cause of the money you get there) and im not very interested in doing it more than i do it now o_O

Learner, that would just make the nexuses very equivalent to the skills, and I want them to be different.

I know they would be, that would make them an extra bonus. But, the only reasonable alternative to buying them I could think of at the time other then making quests to raise a nexus. And if quests were used, it needs to be something that people can't buy their way thru easily.

what if we bring the gods into the mix? sayyou have to go to some gods place of worship and "pray" + maybe pay some sum to have a nexus under the gods sphere boosted? at the same time some other nexus gets pushed back by the same amount? and over time (say maybe ingame days) the nexuses will return to theyre normal balanced state?

if the god you pray to is the one you follow it will give you a bigger boost then if your say a follower of a diffrent god (if they are opposed then you may get a even less benefit or maybe none at all) or none at all...

I like the random element, I think that should be kept. Maybe you could raise one of your nexuses by answering a series of questions from an NPC, plus requiring a sum of money to be paid for tutoring. That would require a shitload of questions though, and it's inevitable that the answers become known after a certain time (like, say, 5 minutes) :(

Yeah, I was thinking about 'learning' your nexuses at a teacher too, but indeed, that would be a hell of a job to keep the question up to date (make sure noone knows the answers before they start the test).

I'd say let the % of succes depend on how much money you donate, the more money the higher the chances are, make it sure if you wanna pay for 100% it costs more than 10 times the 10%; leaving a little time between two tries - say five - ten minutes. So leveling up really fast is more expensive than leveling up slow (but it's also less secure).

Maybe something really stupid and boring should be done before you raise the nexus, and it wouldn't get you any exp - like, if it turns out your vegetal nexus got raised from 0 to 1, you'd have to find 20 flowers, but if it had gone from 20 to 21, you'd have to find 50 cactusses, 30 veggies, and 20 different flowers or something, but if you harvest those things, you wont get exp (it goes to the nexus already) ^.^ The sort of thing you gotta do depends on the nexus raised, the difficulty depends on the enxus level.

I want to pay money for that because there are already many players with shitloads amounts of money, and they can't do much with them. So I want to always have some use for the money...

I want to pay money for that because there are already many players with shitloads amounts of money, and they can't do much with them. So I want to always have some use for the money...

Then lets get the money going towards something material, like houses, not player improvement. Players with large amounts of money will be able to get it back easily or they wouldn't be that rich.

I like the current system where you have to do quests to earn them, but of course that means there would have to be more than 10 quests. When you base it on money, that means I sit around in the silver mine even more and just get bored. Quests provide a unique experience and can easily be based on levels. You should have to be good to get them, not just rich.

Also, as to their use, i think they should be required to access new areas related to those nexuses (such as animal and vegetal unlocks a jungle). This would satisfy the people who want more maps, and increase player involvement. Yes, I know it means a lot more work, but I'm sure everyone would be thanking you for it.

The problem is that a lot of players don't like quests, and doing quests is very easy, once you know what to do (they can find out from their friends). On the other hand, getting money is harder...

I love quests, in fact, I think we should do quests to obtain our sigils too (I think Roja mentioned that once)

But anyway, surely we can be a bit more creative with those nexuses. How about you have to find joker to increase a nexus? Well, maybe not joker but one or more moving NPC's, that you have first have to find. Once you've found him, you pay an amount of plats to increase a random nexus. Of course vartican would max out his nexuses soon enough, but for the rest of us it would add a bit of extra challenge.

the only thing quests are good for are legendary items and powers, not sigils or other things that help you make your character what you want him to be.

just look at the newbie channel, most traffic in there is about where the flowers are found, where the book quest guys are found and so on, this should not be on the newbie forum at all as they should not have to solve quests the second they step into the world. first they should form theyre character then they should start thinking about quests.

basic sigils, basic gear and basic stats should be accessible to the newbie without needing to go for a manhunt into unknown territory. this helps form the char into a start on the image the player had in his head when he created the char.

allso, if entropy wants to use the nexuses to remove cash from the chars i think the solution is to let them be temporary benefits so that they have to keep burning cash to keep the benefit.

What exactly will the nexuses (nexi?) have on your character? Will it be a temporary increase to skills much like a pot? Permenant? Will it set boundries for what you have access too (i.e. will a guy with 0 animal nexus have to go back to killing bunnies? or 0 organic back to harvesting the lupines?)? Will it open new areas to be created later? Will it cause you to gain more experience in that area? Or will it cause an amplified effect of your current skill (i.e. More damadge on hitting, more ores on mining?) thus decreasing your exp gained in that skill?

Perhaps before we decide how exactly to obtain the nexi we should first set out an outline of exactly what effect they will have on one's character.

~Gone, but always around