Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brom

Hawking

I was bored and thinking of neat things to do :D besides Ranged weapons (hopefully) I was thinking of Hawking. for those of you who do not know, this is an old method of hunting for small game. Where a hunter would train a hawk or other bird of prey and he would send his hawk out to kill something like a rabbit. I was sitting around one day, absent mindedly killing rabbits and I was thinking how cool it would be to send your hawk after that rabbit instead of you. Its an idea I have not seen yet in any other game and it would be fun to play with. downside, people would be hawking on IP all day long and newbies would get no precsious rabbit fur :)

This could be expanded even more, call it Animal hunting, have a small creature to choose from and you train with it, it comes along with you. Birds of Prey, Lynx, Fluffy white rabbits, whatever :o could be a part of summoning even, limit the amount of summons a person could have and have them more attached to the summoner, even permanate (not losing HP) until that summon is killed. Only have that (not losing HP) ability for certain animals :o yeah!

anyway Hawking would be sweet but I think we are a ways away from implementing it.

ok, so people would be able to get pets, the idea seems nice, actually too nice, even if they dont attack is endearing to ahve a pet.

and IMHO thats exactly the problem :/, because is endearing loads of people would get interested we would end up having a market for it (no matter how hard they are to make)

why would that be a problem?

we ban summoning in storages for a reason, already too many actors there, if each one of those actors had another one as a pet, things you get even more hairy :/

but the whole idea of [pets|familiars] seems quite interesting yes

Good idea. If it didn't frakin lag too much already. Maybe if the actor dissapears if you don't need it, or maybe having an option not to show the pets.

Edited by freeone3000

there is actualy an idea similar to this on another game im playing: runescape members can get a cat and send it after mice and things or rats.... but only members

(lousy five bucks a month man what a rip! why am i payin it?) vbut it dose sound cool

oh ya and another game that hasa a similar thing to that is: FF10-2 (sucks horably DO NOT BUY IT) the uhhh trainer dress sphere one of 'em has a hawk that attacks the enmy for you (man that game is realy gay)

Maybe if the actor dissapears if you don't need it...

What?

or maybe having an option not to show the pets.

Yeah, and completely defeat the point of the feature and aesthetics in the game :P

Maybe if the actor dissapears if you don't need it...

What?

or maybe having an option not to show the pets.

Yeah, and completely defeat the point of the feature and aesthetics in the game :angry:

It causes least problems. You don't like it, you can turn it off. Would create a lot of diffrent options enabled/disabled for a bunch of people. Same with athenistics. If we can turn off shadows, clouds, reflections, sounds, and music, why not fog or pets or blood patch or whatever else they come up with?

You know, the idea was not to have a pet, but to have that pet kill meaningless animals for you. perhaps retrieve things for you. But Pets arent bad either, Platyna could for example have that Black cat ;) (I miss you Platyna :D ) Anyway ideas are easy, implementing them is the hard part, and most of our ideas are not near to being implemented :ph34r: