Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lopy_Do

Question

It all depends on your phys/coord...you can't name a set level anymore that you can get any of these creatures.

Let's put it this way...if you can kill fem orcs/male orcs easily then you are ready to move along to trolls.

In order: (monsters)

Goblins

Skeletons

small gargs

large gargs (tallest ones with wings)

medium gargs (medium size heavier set ones with no wings)

female orcs

male orcs

trolls

ogres

cyclops

fluffies

chim wolves

Yes, That is why i said "Recomended" Level. Like about what Phys,Coord,Att,Def For trolls.... <_<

there is no such thing, ask 10 players and you will get 10 different answers.

TRY it out. move yourself up that chain.

i killed fem orcs late 30s a/d, no idea what p/c, 20/20 at least iirc :D

Large gargs have no wings, medium gargs have big wings

Large gargs have no wings, medium gargs have big wings

No. I have no idea why newbies think that lol but no.

No idea why it is that way, since the beginning of garg time the tall one with wings has been the large, and the shorter stockier one has been the medium. *shrugs*

No idea why it is that way, since the beginning of garg time the tall one with wings has been the large, and the shorter stockier one has been the medium. *shrugs*

It's a matter of opinion I think.

If you look at their feet, you will see that there are small, medium and large feet.

The ones with the largest feet are the ones you call medium.

The one with the largest feet (no wings) is the strongest, and in a sense the large one.

No, I think its a matter of when you started playing...on the old server it was the way I said, and always one of those charming little quirks that the medium garg was harder than the large...

It wasn't until Fred_Penner did it the other way on his site for whatever reason that people started reversing it. Ask anybody who played back when...its the tall ones=large, the shorter ones=medium.

Large Gargs are The stalkier ones, with large feet and a large body, They are also,the hardest gargs out of the Three...

Anyways,Found out for myself and whooped a few Trolls...Didnt take too much damage. ;)

we are having an axiomatic discussion here that is basically obsolete :P

large gargs have always been the slim tall winged ones, by definition of all the players that were fighting them back then.

since not too many ppl are still around from that time, the new players adopted the labels from the site they used for information mostly, how should they know it was not the way the older players used to label them.

by now you won't get anyone to change their mind about it anymore, so this is going nowhere.

without the wipes/crashes/rollbacks it would definitely still be the old way, but since noone of the new players got led to the gargs and their terminology by the old players, the old way of labelling them more or less ceased to exist.

otoh someone who killed 1000s of gargs using the old way will probably not adapt to the new usage anymore :P

It is truly confusing. I grew up on Large Gargs = Winged. Now depending on who I talk to I have to flip-flop between (Large Gargs = Winged) and (Large Gargs = Wingless).

To make it worse, if you mention (Large Gargs = Winged) on a public channel, you'll have 20 "I've been playing for 4 whole months" people jump you with their "I'm right and you are wrong, despite how long you've been playing" attitudes.

Don't get me totally wrong... I appreciate even new people willing to help others, but somtimes they get locked into the wrong ways of thinking and just muddy the waters.

Lol like I said, it depends on when you started playing. ;)

The medium gargs were always the hardest. :D

I agree with you. We always called the winged ones 'large' back in the 'old days'.

I think it was when we could summon them that the 'new' definition came into circulation. All this under the assumption: stronger = larger

To me it is still a matter of taste, and I'll go with the flow :P

Guest el_monster_killer

the answer depend on phy /coor attack / defense will , and potions , magic

spell , armor and weapon and someone to heal you while you fight .

No, I think its a matter of when you started playing...on the old server it was the way I said, and always one of those charming little quirks that the medium garg was harder than the large...

It wasn't until Fred_Penner did it the other way on his site for whatever reason that people started reversing it. Ask anybody who played back when...its the tall ones=large, the shorter ones=medium.

i think i can solve this, at the beginning, when i started december 2003. the large gargs where the big ones with wings, they where called the large gargs because they where the strongest. But after a while the stats got changed, and the medium ones became the big ones because they where the strongest. I don't know how it is now, i don't play anymore.

But its a matter of how you see it, by size or by strenght.

Large can also mean heavy or having a large volume, in which case the wingless gargs seem to be the large ones.

But unless all the gargs are all labeled, it will remain a matter of opinion and people will continue to argue.

their stats are so similar, just go to vermor castle for "garg killing" and dont seperate them, if you cant kill all of them, then you should probably still be in the votd gold mines killing the gobbies

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.