Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
swisstest

Weapon/Armor Requirments

In Kill-based exp games, Item Requirements are used to keep old player from advancing multiple characters quickly or from pwning newbies on new characters (assuming there are fighting level restrictions). But in a hit based exp game such as this, the item requirments would be more of a benifit for lower level players who just assume the better their equipment the better off they will be.

I know of at least one low level player with all the best items who had they started before the introduction of weapons would have been hard pressed to fight a deer but were rather killing goblins very easily with no experience gain.

Items should be partitioned out to the levels which using them would be most benificial to the player. I.e. a lvl 2 player (just had their drink) should probably only be given access to a wooden shield, battle hammer, iron short sword, gloves, or a wooden staff...

I don't have exact requirments in mind atm, still testing some of the weapons and such, but if anyone has a base requirment idea they'd like to add, feel free.

Just a thought.

Swiss

maybe weapon and shield skill? cant think of a way to have armor skills but at sword lvl 0 you can only use a certain sword or shield lvl 0 you only go wooden shields then training might have a little more meaning

what about the pep that are high and they set in the weapon skills at 0 they gota buy new sets of armor and weapons *maybe set it at thei rcurrent lvl if they do put it in* just to kinda even it out

Guest Vininim

well, item requiriments should be in and should actually replace the high pricing of itens. It would help having lots of types of a sword, and such.

For now it could be just a matter of damage/amor/weight, but for later it could have special types of damage, bonuses and stuff.

but I must highlight: ITEM PRICE IS TOO HIGH. :D

Item prices are fine in my opinion... And I kinda like the idea of only being able to wear certain weapons if youre over a certain level. But I dont like the idea of having different skills for each weapon. That would ruin the current weapon system. Youll most probably start with gloves, as they are cheapest. Once youre ready to buy a sword, all your glove exp will be useless, but sticking to gloves isnt an option because steel gloves do +3 damage or something. Then, once you finally convinced yourself to do swords, you wouldn't get a different kind of weapon anymore..

Blègh...

why not just tie weapons to attack and armor/shields to defense?

lets say that if your below 10 in attack the onlu glvoes are ok, from 10 to 20 or so then some other weapons are allso ok.

it could make some stuff more exotic as you may even eed combat skill to use them or a combo of diffrent skills on diffrent levels...

durans aidea sounds very reasonable if you ask me. That makes mos sense - to keep weapons bound to attack etc... but also.. might would be a good one too... well, im fresh out :)