Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
_JenS_

world of warcraft

NHL, NFL, NBA, and such games are like the top sellers worldwide... Many "non-geek gamers" only play such stupid sports games. And they keep buying the new versions every year, even if there is absolutely nothing new compared to last year. "Ooh, the animation is smoother when the hockey players grab each others asses after scoring a goal."

Needless to say, I loathe sports games.

NHL, NFL, NBA, and such games are like the top sellers worldwide...

World-wide? I am pretty sure that those acronyms are american, and it would be hard to find someone in europe (except american tourists :o) that even know what those acronyms mean.

Last time I saw anyone playing a game like that was Kickoff 2 on an Amiga.

World-wide? I am pretty sure that those acronyms are american, and it would be hard to find someone in europe (except american tourists :o) that even know what those acronyms mean.

Umm... I'm from Finland (I should be offended you thought I was american :o ). NHL games are top sellers here every single year, and as far as I've gathered, they're very popular all around europe. Hell, even american maim-others-and-carry-the-ball ("football") games sell here. Any given wife-beater at a local sports bar drinking beer will say he plays sports games if asked, out of those who actually play anything. Most rednecks (= sports fans) don't even know what a "com-peew-tur" is, much less a "pluh-stesh-uhn". Then again most "normal people" (as opposed to cool roleplaying computer literate people) are chocolate thieves from the Gayzor islands. <_<