Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hammen

Monster that can only be summoned

The problem with summoning right now, is that there is no way to make money with it until you get to a level where you can summon creatures you can't kill. Then you could use your summons to kill other creatures, but there is no point in doing this if you can kill something faster than your summoned creature can... An idea I thought of, is to make some creatures that can only be summoned, especially if these creatures were stronger than any other enemies that you can fight. The summoner could charge a fee to summon these creatures (if said summoner is smart) and then the person that paid him/her would get to fight it... Of course, maybe my bias as a summoner has some affect on what I am suggesting...

So what does everyone think?

:) Well, I think the game needs more monsters and animals. But to give summoners special monsters that don't exist elsewhere? That might be okay. Maybe give summoned monsters actual abilities, like a hoarde minion from UO, walks around behind you and when it sees an item on the ground, picks it up, klepto-shoplifter style. Maybe have a couple summonings have fireballs, or their anims show them flying as they 'walk'.

:huh: O'course, summoning is like everythign else in the game, needs work asap.

The problem with summoning right now, is that there is no way to make money with it until you get to a level where you can summon creatures you can't kill.

Where is the sense of wonder? I never thought of summoning as a way to make money, you would do it for fun.

If there were to be soecial summonable creatures it would be fun too, constructs, spirits etc springs to my mind. If you can make money out of those... well, it's up to you.

Summoning (possibally soon to be known as conjuring) might be having a big change..thats all I remember reading somewhere...

B) Everything's going to have a big change, in some future update.

<_< I don't think summoning should ever be used for getting money, other than using the summoned creatures to help a fighter kill monsters or PvP. It invites scamming when people try to offer services for gc.

Player1 "Okay, 1k and I'll summon you a good monster to fight."

Player2 "Yay! Here's your gold"

Player1 "Thank you very much"

Player2 "Wait, where's my monster?"

Player1 "What monster? I'm not a summoner!"

:( And then you get feelings hurt, scammers getting gold, mods getting stupid calls over false summonings, forums getting spammed with names of scammers, etc.

Much will change with summoning, I can feel it. As I have been complaing for a while, Summoning still lacks a good purpose. but nevertheless we will wait and raise our levels, when the time comes, it will be fruitful. :P (If any mods read this Ill gladly test out any summoning scheme's you plan :D )

i like the idea of a monster that can only be summoned, its got nice flavor, but summoners charging for their summons is just begging for scamming, like in the_pale_elf's example

some only summon creatures

spirit of the undead: stats like a skellie, looks like the wraith

fire/ice spirit (Lord_Vermor's art shows some of these)

karma creatures (more lf L_V's stuff)

i like the idea of a monster that can only be summoned, its got nice flavor, but summoners charging for their summons is just begging for scamming, like in the_pale_elf's example

some only summon creatures

spirit of the undead: stats like a skellie, looks like the wraith

fire/ice spirit (Lord_Vermor's art shows some of these)

karma creatures (more lf L_V's stuff)

Glad you pay attention :P

bones to gold ^-^

I knew someone was going to point that out. Yes I am aware of bones to gold, but can you really tell me that you can support yourself using that spell?

If you have enough bones, you can buy the essences with the profit then keep the rest. Repeat over and over and over. Alchemy exp, magic exp, and a good amount of gold.

Edited by freeone3000

Why does everything have to make you gc?? Take a look at magic, where do you make money there? Somethings should be there for the sole purpose of fun.

Magic is not for fun or for money, it is for fighting :D

...restore :)

the only way to make money with summoning is to pk, using summons to kill monsters is... stupid <_<

the only problem is you barely make any profit, cause if you summon 5 chimerans and they kill someone who for instance drops a tit chain and mirror cloak, that is only 15k and 5chimerans costs more then that especially if you count fails and such, plus it's alot harder to find ele's since no one makes them after they take 5seconds each :)

*cough*speed up life essence*cough*

Edited by Ryuu

Summoners should have some cool summons. and u can give them ur own name and can call the creature evry time u click Mix. and Mix a few ELE's , like FF, ifrit,diablo and such , its wicked :-D

Why does everything have to make you gc?? Take a look at magic, where do you make money there? Somethings should be there for the sole purpose of fun.

Magic is not for fun or for money, it is for fighting :D

...restore :)

Teleport to range is very fun, especially at night :) It makes quite a show.

One day, hopefully soon, the Summoning system will change, who knows what will happen!