Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rebootedrock

In the mood for a 3d space sim?

Not to sound like everyone else who comes here and preaches the virtues of another game, I had to let you guys know about this :).

http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Is a free, 3d space game. I say game instead of the usual tag of MMORPG, Shooter, Strategy, Because it is unlike any other space game I have seen.

I suppose a close description would be starcraft 2.0, but you are the role of a pilot.

In each game there is a player (usually a vet) called the commander who builds and.. commands other units towards objectives and goals.The rest of the players are the pilots, now as a pilot, you can do mannnny things.. for example, you could start off scouting early, dogfight midway, or be a turret gunner on attack runs, or even nanite the attack run (Nanite is a weapon of the scout, heals target)

There is still alot I don't understand, as it is a massive game :)

I dont know how many races there are exactly, around 6 I believe, each is different of course. There is a small community (:D!), 8 guilds(at the moment), FREE(those who know me know I dont pay for games :P ), and a very team oriented gameplay.

Anyway, I'm done preaching about it.

Go try it out if you have some spare time B)

(P.S. in game name.. rebootedrock )<-- duh..

Sayonara.

Count me out - i play EL ;)

I tried to play it. I downloaded it and installed but when i try to play the screen gets all blurry and flickery and there are 6 of everything. I tried to reinstall but it didn't work so I unistalled it. You'd think microsoft could make a game that runs on windows....

I tried to play it. I downloaded it and installed but when i try to play the screen gets all blurry and flickery and there are 6 of everything. I tried to reinstall but it didn't work so I unistalled it. You'd think microsoft could make a game that runs on windows....

It isnt actually made by microsoft-bill gates, its made by a smaller company called Microsoft Games.

And yeah, there are a few bugs.. especially if you are using a proxy, but can be worked around, and the next release will be much more stable.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you guys/girls know, its worth checking out :)

Sayonara.

Oh, I found out that it actually called by them "abandonware"

It was originally made by microsoft and sold in stores, apparently this failed, so they cut the project (like earth and beyond..) soon after they released the source code. Now it is kept alive by the players and the community.

and another thing, a typical game lasts anywhere between 30 mins to 3 hours.

Which exe is supposed to be run? The one in the main Alligence directory or the one in the subdir ASGS? The one in the main directory has the flashing problems and the one in the subdir would even open. I just get an error.

The shorcut on your desktop is the gameplay security system, without it running you wont connect to the main server. The one in the folder is the actual .exe

They are integrating them soon so alot of problems like that will be fixed.