Eternal Lands Official Forums
The_Piper

New punishment

Hi ppl,

nasty as i am i got a nice idea:

Since we found out that being pkable everywhere is more a bonus than a punishment, why dont do this?

Goblin Punishment

Meaning, the actual levels of the player will be saved for later restore and the player gets for a given time of in game hours the job of the portland goblin. With his attributes but the levels of a real goblin.

So we have now a green gobbo with the name of the player over its head. S/he cannot leave portland map, cant enter buildings and cant trade with NPC's.

S/he is able to attack players up to a defense level of 21, but can be attacked by all players.

Each time the player dies, s/he respawns in portland immediately.

Of course the player can train and raise its levels, maybe there is a chance to advance to a KF gobbie and later than to a SKF gobbie. Its too a kind of in game career ;-)

When the player logs off, the normal portland gobbie is back in charge.

After the given amount of in game hours, maybe 10 or 20, the original levels of the player are restored.

Thats all.

What do you think about it?

Piper

The punishment is, you cant train for a given amount of hours, because your old levels will be restored later.

And everybody can kick your ass as well. :angry:

Piper

i'd stalk the same person over and over again, since i would just respawn once they killed me, they would eventually die :angry: (well, unless they left)

Edited by Herny

actaully, i think rabbit punishment would be better!

you're a rabbit that just keeps getting pwned over and over again...

the joker punishment (this is just cruel)

you are joker and you have to wait until someone finds you, give them something that's actually yours from your storage, and then you go somewhere else just to repeat it, until you've given away everything you have in storage (or a more reasonable amount, decided upon by the mod :( )

or the chimmie punishment

...nvm

then all the noobs wont be able to go to pl cos there will be 10 'goblins' waiting for them =]

This would suck for the noobs, but I'd love it. A goblin who would come by my fruit stand. He couldn't attack me (since my defense is over 21) but I could attack him over and over and over again!

Be even better is if he dropped things that were on his person when the punishment took place.

This would suck for the noobs, but I'd love it. A goblin who would come by my fruit stand. He couldn't attack me (since my defense is over 21) but I could attack him over and over and over again!

Be even better is if he dropped things that were on his person when the punishment took place.

Lol, why not let him drop randomly 5-50 gold coins from the players storage?

That would stop ppl from attacking everyone like crazy and be a little bit more patient?

And, of course, if you need some money, you can go and hunt the gobbie player :lol:

Piper

awesome idea, i love it :)

and don't foreget to disable all ways to chat, too...or wait...nah, it would be fun if they started to threaten and beg... :P

:P

Ok, a conclusion, a new suggestion based on my original post and your replies:

Player becomes the new portland gobbie in charge.

Player keeps his attributes, but gets the stats of a gobbie.

Player can attack players with a def level less than 21.

Player can be attacked by everyone.

Player cant leave the portland map, cant enter buildings, use NPC's.

Player drops a random amount of gold coins every time s/he got killed from her/his own storage.

Player can advance to be a goblin on another map. And they will be attacked by the creatures on other maps too.

Players original skill levels will be restored after punishing him. So s/he wont benefit from training as a gobbie, but looses money.

And a new idea, mods will announce who got the job of the portland gobbie. So other players can hunt him and loot money from her/his storage.

Player will respawn on a random place on that map at once.

Ok, your thoughts about that?

Piper

now that is a sweet idea, haha i can imagine the mod message

#Message from _____: ***** has been turned into a goblin! Go attack him/her in Portland and you will get gold from his/her storage!

Interesting as that that is, I would just Log off and wait for a downtime period where there are few major threats on line to wait out my sentence.

Of course, Not allowing a player to log off would solve that but that would just be more annoying then anything.

Of course, Not allowing a player to log off would solve that but that would just be more annoying then anything.

Hmmm it IS supposed to be a punishment ;)

I think this would be so much fun..but as a punishment, come on ;) You'd either enjoy it and have people breaking rules to get it, or as Kami stated, peopel would just shut off the comp until it's overwith-that's hwy making someone pkable for a day is stupid.

However perhaps we can take this idea and try to incorporate it some other way? I think it's too good to toss away.

Well, is the game ever really dead? I've noticed there's roughly 200+ people everytime I get online. And since it would be "in game hours", even if they did shut off the computer, they'd still have to wait out the rest of their sentence when they came back. So even if PL was absolutely barren of other players...you can only walk around PL for so many hours before you're bored. And do you dare leave your comp alone and get slaughtered if someone DOES come by?

haha couldnt you still turn the computer off? there's no way EL could prevent the power button from working ;)

Nope, i meant that this is for in game hours, not for real life hours.

So logging off wont help, because you MUST be the gobbie for a given time IN GAME.

So, you cant train for an absolute amount of time IN GAME and you will loose money from your storage. Or maybe, the player drops other items than only gold coins from her/his storage??

Sooo, lets say, a player is punished for 10 hours to be the gobbie, her/his average drop rate when killed is 25 gold coins and players really hunt her/him to make money and kill her/him every 5 minutes, that would mean a loss of 60*10/5*25=3.000 gold coins. Well, at least a punishment....

And im always talking about IN GAME hours, meaning the player must be LOGGED ON. No cheat like logging off and tomorrow the punishment is over. The player must be online every single minute of the time the punishment takes.

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

Well, is the game ever really dead? I've noticed there's roughly 200+ people everytime I get online. And since it would be "in game hours", even if they did shut off the computer, they'd still have to wait out the rest of their sentence when they came back. So even if PL was absolutely barren of other players...you can only walk around PL for so many hours before you're bored.

Oh, i dont think, that you will get bored while being the pl gobbie.

Message from Mod: XXX is the new Portland Goblin. Kick him to get some nice drops from his storage!

*W000t*

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

Oh, i dont think, that you will get bored while being the pl gobbie.

Message from Mod: XXX is the new Portland Goblin. Kick him to get some nice drops from his storage!

*W000t*

Yup.

And Portland would be much safer for noobs. I am sure there would be plenty of players going to Portland to kill that gobbie :rolleyes:

I for one would surely kill him a few times just for fun. I usually kill the goblin when I see him while traveling from mine to storage and back. With pickaxe :)

It would be perfect punishment for bag jumping. Even 30 minutes as a gobbie would be enough :)

Regards

Chryzopraz