Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pawelkus

Better fighting exp

Longer fight means more "turns" (or "runs" depends on how you call it) an with each turn comes chance for next exp. So:

1. First tip to get better exp. is to fight without a sword.

Why? because your hits arent so strong and your opponent lasts longer.

2. Trying to flee.

When you try to flee your caracter tries to avoid hits and to run. It means, it will not attack and that means longer fight.

3. Use unicorn medalion instead of moon medalion.

Moon changes stats reponsible for both def and attack ability. An you should look mainly for def. Better attack means shorter fight.

Perhaps you have other experience?

If I find out something interesting I will post it here.

:) May the force be with you

Edited by Pawelkus

1:good

2:good

3: WRONG

Moon med DOES NOT INCREASE ATTACK POWER! moon med gives 4+ armor and 4+ accuracy, meaning you will hit them more (better attack exp) and sometimes 4 armor will absorb a total attack, (more deff exp.)

From my understanding if your loaded up with armor your not going to get much exp becuz the armor just restrains damage you have to basically "dodge" the blow to get defence experience (The less armor the more chances to dodge but the more hits you take if fighting a stronger opponent)

no, more armor = more exp

full armor with moon med and bare hand is the way to go

use a moon med if u arnt able to hit your enemy

i used alot unicorn also but moon is bether

i also heard alot of rumors that plate-items decrease def-xp, i dont think it does, or can some1 prove me different ??

me experimented also with uni/moon alot and uni-med is a bit more def-xp for me, but moon-meds make my runs to ogre extended

no armor decreases exp

edit: i mean that no armor type decreases exp

Edited by shasso

The only way plate items decrease defense experience is because they lower your defense skill (a full iron plate set decreases defense by -4: titanium + leather only decreases it by 1). Then again, you've got a shield that negates all defense losses, so nah, if you wear a full iron plate without some way to kick up your defense, then you might "lose defense experience." :rolleyes:

I experimented with training with no armor and training with armor once on a gargoyle. with the best armor in the game at the time (titanium items) I recieved 40 deffense exp per dodge. for no armor i also recieved 40 xp per dodge.

Edited by Starman_Omega

3: WRONG

Moon med DOES NOT INCREASE ATTACK POWER! moon med gives 4+ armor and 4+ accuracy, meaning you will hit them more (better attack exp) and sometimes 4 armor will absorb a total attack, (more deff exp.)

Correct me if I'm wrong:

more accuracy means more chances to hit your opponent (monster o ppl)? doesn't it mean shorter fight?

Fighting in el simply sucks, in every other game fighting with a sword is much better, so i suggest to get xp for a kill, not for the hits u avoid or land on the target

Why do you think we want to be like every other game? Most of the other games I found are free-range polygonal texture-mapped games designed for Windows and are so PC-ish, I wonder why anyone would play them.

Do you learn by killing something what works and what doesn't? Or do you learn by hitting it what works and what doesn't? Dodging the same. Do you learn how to dodge better by killing something? Or do you learn how to dodge better by dodging and seeing what works?

Moon med increases accuracy. Which mean more hits land. Which means shorter fight, so less defence exp but same amount of attack. I use sun or uni to balence out, depending on which is higher.

Edited by freeone3000

Other question then:

If I get hit, but my armour will protect me (everything that makes my armour parameter higher) do I get def. exp?

On basis of mine fights you dont get any.