Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sonic808

heres an idea

I know how in other games I have played there were many spammers and there was something that helped stop them with this thing that made you stop typing if you go like a enter a enter or space enter to fast so you would have to wait like 30 seconds this is just an idea that i thought of and maybe you are already coming out with it or have thought about it but I have not heard anyone suggest this yet as far as i know of so I think this would be a nice idea post here of what you think please. :huh:

Hmm... well, the trouble with that is that it's too easy to get around, so it's not worth the time taken to code it. Your suggestion would remove things like:

Spammer:

Spammer:

Spammer:

But not things like:

Spammer: fkaj

Spammer: gbhuiosu

Spammer: g

Spammer: h

etc.

Unless you want to include a spell-checker... :P

-Lyn-

:) Well, 30 seconds to type is pretty crappy. But how 'bout spam control queue? You type messages in rapid succession, and it puts a delay on when they come out. Like 5 sec buffer. It won't kill spamming, but it'll slow it down, and maybe give the server a warning msg in the log when someone spams, so you'll have records of who usually spams.

EDIT: To clarify, The server would just make a note when someone gets 5 or 10 msgs in queue, not like every time you enter a msg queue, heh.

Edited by The_Pale_Elf