Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sonic808

has this ever happend to you?

have you ever clicked f2 and a bad browser came up?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. have you ever clicked f2 and a bad browser came up?

• yes
    • no

I have because someone said hit f2 its a really good site and then like something poped up that was not that good of a site (dont want to get into detail) and i just think there is no reason of this hot key maybe if it wasnt changeable like was set to eternal-lands home page then that might be a good idea or if you can set it so it will only change when you change it like #f2_<site name> so other people could not change it making you have bad experinces. Also instead of having this then you could maybe write down the site name just look in your chat messages or even better make it so you can click on the site when someone says a site name IF you want to so you actully know what site your going to and you dont have to write it down and sometimes people could type the site before you hear then say hit f2 hit it common its a really good site and you wouldnt know what it is until it was too late. Thank you for anyone who spends time reeading this. :rolleyes:

Just comment out (stick a # at the beginning of the line) int EL.ini that is selecting your browser.

E.g. #iexplore to iexplore (or whichever way it is :\)

Just comment out (stick a # at the beginning of the line) int EL.ini that is selecting your browser.

i did not get what you just said what so ever i wanted to know if you could maybe make it a bit more clear? what does this have to do with the topic about f2 :)

i did not get what you just said what so ever i wanted to know if you could maybe make it a bit more clear? what does this have to do with the topic about f2 :)

Because this feature is configured that way. If you removed the line specifying your browser in EL.ini, when you hit F2, you wont get a browser window showing.

This is located near the bottom in your el.ini, so open up the file with word/notepad and look for this:

Here is where you give the path to your favorite browser.
Default browser is IE, but you can easely change it. 

Note that, because of Micro$oft's infinite wisdom, invoking a command is done differently
in Win9* and in Windows NT™ ® ©, so you have to manually select how to invoke your browser.
Be sure to have only ONE selected browser, otherwise the current browser thingy is likely not 
to work.

For Windows NT/2K/XP
browser = "start iexplore.exe"

For Win9*
If you don't use quotation marks, the spaces will be stripped.

browser = "c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

For Linux:
Just put a # before the browser you use, and make sure there there are not two or more browsers
selected. That is, deselect the windows browser
browser = konqueror
browser = opera
browser = mozilla
browser = netscape

Place a # infront of the browser you use. Make SURE that only one browser in all of this has a # infront of it. Otherwise, it won't work.

Thanks for showing Daxon, but he's trying to STOP this functionality.

Then he should place no # infront of any browser. Oo That'll stop it.

This is located near the bottom in your el.ini, so open up the file with word/notepad and look for this:

Here is where you give the path to your favorite browser.
Default browser is IE, but you can easely change it. 

Note that, because of Micro$oft's infinite wisdom, invoking a command is done differently
in Win9* and in Windows NT™ ® ©, so you have to manually select how to invoke your browser.
Be sure to have only ONE selected browser, otherwise the current browser thingy is likely not 
to work.

For Windows NT/2K/XP
browser = "start iexplore.exe"

For Win9*
If you don't use quotation marks, the spaces will be stripped.

browser = "c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

For Linux:
Just put a # before the browser you use, and make sure there there are not two or more browsers
selected. That is, deselect the windows browser
browser = konqueror
browser = opera
browser = mozilla
browser = netscape

Place a # infront of the browser you use. Make SURE that only one browser in all of this has a # infront of it. Otherwise, it won't work.

ok i use Opera what do i do

browser = konqueror

browser = #opera

browser = mozilla

browser = netscape[/code]

or

browser = konqueror

#browser = opera

browser = mozilla

browser = netscape[/code]

yes I am i think it is bad and maybe could be replaced with something a bit better just an idea ;)

What should be improved about it? It gives you a new window with the last line said using a command line. Better yet, what is wrong with it?