Eternal Lands Official Forums
goliath_cobalt

Rings of specific teleportation

How about making it where rings of tele where a little more specialized. Examples:

Ring of WS City (teleports to WSC)

Ring of WS Lakeside (Teleports to docks)

Ring of VOTD City (duh)

Ring of DP Corren (get the idea yet)

And make it so that you only have to research for the making of the ring for the general map (WS, DP, VOTD, etc) but that you have to be AT the particular location to make that ring. Could open up PK map rings too. You'd have to sit in a PK map while making them. Could be useful for getting your bag back and such.

Sincerely,

Goliath

Wsc ring alreadyy exist, but a Raven ring would be sweet, but u can always use a naralik rin o.o

And what about a "This coordinate ring" that teleports you to the place where you made the ring (looking at the ring should display the coordinates and map name) ?

Yeah that's a better idea. But it should cost more recources then normal rings. And a higher crafting level.

The problem as I understand it is that each unique item has it's own identity on the server so a ring of teleport to [101, 123] would be a different item than a ring of teleport to [101, 124]. Also each different item that is manufacturable has a different formula. It is more likely that general-purpose items would be added instead of unique ones.

There is a ring of valley of the dwarves.

I want ring of nordcarn and ring of tarsengaard.

then what use would portals room be

Same coords for each ring of the same type. Just more types...also the crafter has to be AT that location (no necessarily exact coords) to make the ring. So a person making a Ring of WS Lakeside would have to be in the lakeside area of White Stone to make it, but it would teleport you to Lakeside instead of WSC, etc etc etc

i didn't though about server ID for items... it's now obvious to me that making "rings of coordinates teleportation" are (almost) impossible. But making new rings of teleportation is still a good idea to be abble to access many points of the same map... (and/or making more doors in portal rooms)

And, as goliath said, i suggest that the crafter have to be in lakeside to make a lakeside ring... etc

:huh: I think the current telerings are stupid, but players like em generally, so no complaints.

:) How about a map tele ring? You use it, your map automatically comes up, and you click where you want to be, and poof, there you are.