Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Killerlamb

Slavery

.........I felt we needed a new topic............

I think we should be able to buy slaves! They could be a lazy player's dream! The could mine iron and stuff for you so you could increase in manufacturing, however they start out with all stats as noobies are and you have to BUY training for them and BUY pickaxes for them to mine, and other 1337 things, people COULD not just murder slaves, because they are people too and you can only have slave wars in PK maps =D pretty decent idea eh? Oh yeah and a slave that has level 1 harvesting can not mine Iron or Titanium or something and slaves could get 1/12 of the exp. normal people get when they mine HOWEVER have no xp caps.

Pretty fucked up to script though:D

FINALLY AN ORIGINAL IDEA FOR ETERNAL LANDS!

SPEW!!

There goes my morning coffee...

LOL, lamb, you're right, this IS an original idea. Something tells me that ent won't add this ... feature ... though.

Guest anthrax

I think that if this was put in, it should be more realistic. You just bought another person to do all your work for you. Then you take away all the rights of this person and turned him into a thing. Then you give him a heavy pointed object that is made to be swung with great force (pickaxe) I am sure that your new non-person object would never think about putting the pickaxe through something slightly softer than rock - like your head. Yeah, you should have 2 or 3 of them.

I beleive that you could bribe some people into doing something for you right now if you paid them :D)

i think you'd have to feed your slave, give him nice clothes/weapons/etc and treat him nicely or he can turn on you and fight you someday :D

and of course, your karma wuold go down as you treat yoru slave poorly

Why not bribe one of the other players to do work for you? If the price is right that should be no problem. I used to hunt a *lot* of rabbits for some players that wanted to get manufacturing to 12. I've also been a mule once to carry cactusesfor some guy. It paid well.

Just find a newer low-level player to work for you. Eg newbie player with very low harvest skills. You harvest cactusses while he runs up and down with them to the shop to sell them. Pay him say... 30%-40%. Your 60%-70% is still far more than you could make on your own in the same time. The newbie is happy because he suddently has loads of gold (believe me, 10k feels like a million dollars to a newbie player)

True, but he could carry it for you (I imagine that ore gets you overloaded quickly). Or team up with a high-level manufacturer. You delve, he makes bars (It's already possible to make bars right?). Bars sell for more than ore. Even better, let him make chain armor while he's at it. They sell even better then bars. Split the profit 50-50 and you'll both make lots :o

But its not fun to have a noob, a bot would be SOO COOL and it could respond to simple commands like *THANKS* and *HELLO* and if you say *FUCK YOU* he can get angry at you =D

The idea is nice, however it has a few drawbacks:

1. Takes a lot of time to implement.

2. Would make the server slower.

3. There would be a lot of morons who can't realise that a game is only a game, and they will start bitching on how it teaches kids bad things, etc.

4. It discourages players cooperation (people instead of helping eachother, they will invest in their slaves, and level them up)

Thats true ent, but I would be able to deal with the drawbacks :o

3. Really isn't important because we allow Vulgar and Obsene comments, so this is NOT a children's game, and besides children are fucked up enough as it is, with Micheal Jackson and Television.

Slavery would really get a lot more people involved in this game. I know many people out there who are really sadistic(look it up if you don't know what it means). I would actually play the game if I could have slaves. Also, the slaves should be bots. How would you ever get someone to be your slave?

You were thinking about pets, right? Bots that help you in battle? (At least that's on the site...) Well, give the dog-bot another skin, and the ability to harvest/carry stuff et voilá: slave. I also like the idea of pissing your slave off :) Treat him well = he likes you = works harder; treat him bad = he hates you = he tries to kill you every time you walk by...

Thinking about the disadvantages:

1. True, but it would oon :) Maybe something for when the game is (out of) beta

2. If you're gonna implement fighting bots, they would slow the server down too. Most calculations could be done clientside; so for the server its just like another player walking around.

3. Like killerlamb said...

4. could be dealt with if slaves can only be purchased if you're a high level with something, (maybe even over 75) so only really leet players would be able to have a slave. Those players prolly wont be interested in slaves, cuz they start out as noobs. (it would be like starting all over again...)

But hey, if we wont have slaves, we can always convince our little brothers to act like one >:)

You can't have a clientside slave. At least not on Eternal Lands. And a slave is much more complex than a pet. I mean, having a slave that has some realism in it is not easy to implement.

As for 3, yes, I agree, but you know how crazy motherfuckers sue companies (like the makers of GTA3) for everything that goes bad.

I know its gonna be hard to implement slaves, if were gonna have 'm. But they are way from needed. And you're right about them mofo's who sue companies when stuff goes wrong - even if there is a 18yrs+ sign on tha box... Ah well, maybe we can think about it again when the game is nearly finished.

True Parents Blame Video Games for their Lack of Care, its so pathetic.

True parents would have kept your idiotic self away from a computer.

My brother is my slave!

When i am in the desert pines i mine the cactus and then he takes them to the shop and sells them to me while i mine more.

I give him 20% of the profit!

lets keep this streght people will complain about there being slaves but then again people complain to microsoft's dungeon siege because it has pack mules and thats "unfair treatment" to animals lol people dont know what games are these days either way slaves arnt needed but maybe pets are pets would make the game so much cooler and would be easyer then slaves because they could probably just follow you around and fight for you.