Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lachesis

Server messages

And Aero:  lol I say it out of EL too :(

Yay I'm not alone :D

Your certainly not, it was taken from Red Dwarf, and half a generation used (and still do) that word in everyday life ;)

As for the message; its funny, so get over it.

:) YES, the message was funny when I saw it on this post. NO, it's not good to have in a game geared toward kids, which this game is. YES, it should go, for that reason alone. NO, I don't think Lachesis is being whiney nor wants the game 100% politically correct.

...The old license said something about this isn't a fluffy prissy game blah blah blah...

Then it should be replaced by smeg.  Not removed.  But that isn't the reason for her complaint, as I read it.

Ohhh, I thought it was in the FAQ's...but it was there, something about this game isn't for "little girls" or some such thing...

Edit: eeks i said more, I wonder where it went :)

Anyway, then "shit" should be replaced with smeg. Not remove the sentence. But if I read her complaint correctly, it really wasn't about the curse word.

Edited by Aisllinn

just let the game have it's little humorous bits, i like it, and i would like more of these :o

Soldus, you are always as wise as ever.

My compliments to you.

Most of us see these humorous bit as relaxation, and even tho they *might* seem harsh, they are really just there for fun.

Taking from Kit's post in the Flames section....(I knew I had seen this somewhere)Edit: (SKA was right, it was in the license thing)

10. This game is NOT intended to be a cute, fluffy, pink game. That is, we will not enforce a

family friendly atmosphere. We also do NOT censor words, so if you are offended by some words,

it is a good idea NOT to use this game.

If you are a parent, reading this, and you wonder if it is safe for your little, cute, pink,

innocent girl, then the answer is: "Maybe, or maybe not". It depends on the way you educated

your kid. If they were educated properly, then, most likely, you won't have to worry. If they

weren't, then worry! In fact, if they are not educated properly, we highly suggest you to remove

this software from your computer, and get some nasty, ugly software that blocks your kids access

to 'evil' Internet places.

If you are offended by this paragraph, then... oh well, poor you.

Kit:

That is from the license.txt that I have when I started the game... I think it's important since that was one of the concepts that was at the beginning of the game and (I hope) still holds true even now.

Edited by Aisllinn

No, the disclaimed changed after Platyna got power. Read it now, it's boring.

his is the license for Eternal Lands. Before playing the game, you have to agree with the

stuff written here.

I will try to keep it in English, unlike most of the software out there, who use a veeeeeeery

hard to understand legal language :ph34r:

1. Basically, this software can be freely distributed. That is, if you want to put it on your

web site, or on a CD, etc. feel free to do it. However, it would be a good idea to tell me

(chaos_rift at yahoo.com) if you do that, so I can send you a notification when it will be updated.

2. If you can make money using this software, by letting others play it

(say, you own an Internet Cafe), then good for you, we don't require you to pay us, even tho

it would be nice if you would B)

3. You are NOT allowed to take our art (2d/3d files), and use it for your own devious purpose,

either commercial or not. The only exception is if you want to make some sort of fan website,

in which case it is OK to use some of our art on that site. Of course, taking a screenshot and

using it for whatever you need is perfectly OK.

Just don't use our art for your own game/software. If you really want to do that, then send me

an e-mail, with information on where/how/what/why you want to use, and, most likely, we can come

to a deal.

4. If you want to [re]distribute this game, you are NOT allowed to modify anything. You can, however,

distribute some txt/doc/etc file, with information about you, etc.

5. If something goes bad with this game (ie. it doesn't work on your computer, it crashes your

computer, it kills your GF/BF/cat/familly/etc. it is not our fault, and you agree NOT to sue us.)

If you kill someone because you played this game, it is also not our fault, but your

parents fault! B) No, really, I am tired of seeing on TV how this or that kid killed someone,

and s/he justified it like: "I played this or that game, and I thought it would be k3w1 to do it too,

in real life".

Anyway, this software contains no code that is harmful to your computer. That is, it's not like

we put some HDD formatting code, or something. Normally, nothing bad should happen by simply

running this software.

6. This license might change in the future, and if/when it will change, you have to agree with

the new license.

7. This software, and the web page doesn't store the login information in an encrypted way.

Also, the login information should be regarded as non secure. That is, do NOT use any already

existing password, like, say, your e-mail, ICQ, bank account, etc. password. If we get hacked,

and/or if someone intercepts your password, we have no fault. I mean, ok, we do have a morale

fault, but no legal fault, so you can't sue us.

I stress again on this: DO NOT USE ANY ALREADY EXISTING PASSWORD WHEN YOU REGISTER TO THIS

GAME, OR THE WEBPAGE.

8. Scripting/macroing (the action of automating processes such as harvesting) with little or no human

intervention is considered cheating, and if you do it, and get caught, you might have your account deleted.

9. If something happenes with your account (some accident, haxx0r, punishment, etc.) we have no obligation to

restore it. If such thing does happen, however, we will try our best to fix the problem, but we are only humans,

so you agree NOT to sue us, or demand anything from us.

10. If you find bugs, we strongly suggest you not to exploit them, and to report them to us in a private way, if the

bug can be used to cheat. Bugs like: "This or that item doesn't look good on this angle" can be publically reported,

but bugs like: "If you do this you can crash the server, or if you do that you can (illegally) increase your blah blah

attribute" should be reported only via e-mail.

If you exploit the bugs, most likely we won't punish you in any way, but we won't exactly like you either. If you

do report a bug, tho, you might get some nice things from us, as a reward.

11. You will also have to agree with the rules found in our forum, under the Rules section. Failure to do so may result in getting banned.

12. If you start/play the game, it means you agreed with all the terms here.

Yawn.

Edited by SirKillAlot